• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

BATTLEGROUNDS Disguise Names Lag The Servers

Status
Not open for further replies.

G33ke

Community Engagement Team Representative
Reaction score
Service (MCSG/SGC/QQ/BG/ZC/Creative/Teamspeak): BG (Battlegrounds.)
Server Number / Gametype / Region (If applicable): All servers, Battlegrounds, US.
Time (With timezone): Monday, July 21st, 3 PM PST. (About an hour to an hour and a half before this report was posted.)

Description of the bug: When a disguised player joins any Battlegrounds server, the server begins to lag heavily. Should the disguised player leave, the server will resume as normal. The player is able to rejoin without the disguise name and it will continue working as normal.

(Thanks Sixzo for helping me record this.)

I believe this may be caused somehow by the leaderboards. The leaderboards must get confused when a disguised player joins, possibly not knowing how to display the name, or where to pull it from? That's all I can imagine is the cause.

Last edited:

Pixelatorx2

Platinum
Reaction score
Congrats! Its the first actual "bug" someone has found, not a map glitch or something they knew about :O

But I cant see how it would cause lag, when it really only should be a display name that they change (and other things ofc, but they would only need to display the displayname, which you can change within bukkit). Weird, might be a glitch with bukkit itself.

G33ke

Community Engagement Team Representative
Reaction score
But I cant see how it would cause lag, when it really only should be a display name that they change (and other things ofc, but they would only need to display the displayname, which you can change within bukkit). Weird, might be a glitch with bukkit itself.
Seems to be exclusive to Battlegrounds, so the only thing I can assume is that is has to do with the one thing that needs to pull names from players: The leaderboards. Since these leaderboards are partly a Minecraft feature, it may have to do with Minecraft's scoreboard system, or yes, potentially Bukkit's modifications, if any, to said system... Hoping this isn't the case, because that's a tough thing to work around.

Side note: If you guys (devs) need more footage, I have plenty. We tested this numerous times on several different Battlegrounds servers, and it always happens. When I continued to play without Sixzo, the next time a disguised player other than him joined, sure enough, it happened again. This player, however, did not leave, and it disrupted gameplay quite a bit. (Many players were calling out the lag after about 20 seconds of it straight - so no, it wasn't just me.)

kpwn243

Administrator
Reaction score
This issue has been fixed. Thanks for the report! TL

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member