• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Did the sprint button change PvP?

Do you think the 1.7 sprint changed pvp for the better or worse?

• Better

Votes: 19 45.2%
  • Worse

Votes: 23 54.8%
  • I started after 1.7 so it doesn't affect me.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

thechamp11

Platinum
Reaction score
I think that it did. One of the most common strategies was using a fishing rod to attempt to mess up your opponents sprint. You would basically boost him into a block and their sprint would mess up. And even sometimes, I'm pretty sure, their sprint would mess up even if they didn't hit anything. With the sprint key, those aren't nearly as affective strategies anymore. The fishing rod to boost your opponent into a tree, or a ledge, still works, but the result isn't nearly as drastic.

Also, as already mentioned, this makes pvp much more fast paced, and more fun to spectate, and more fun to play as well.

So yes, to answer this question further, the sprint button definitely changed pvp, and I would say for the better.

HTrain

Tribute
Reaction score
I definitely like PvP better when there was no sprint key. Made PvP more challenging IMO. I think with the Sprint key the game became much less skillful, like Mooclan said.

GoudAlmighty

Platinum
Reaction score
If you try going back and using double tap now you'll see how much it has changed things.

G33ke

Community Engagement Team Representative
Reaction score
I think that it did. One of the most common strategies was using a fishing rod to attempt to mess up your opponents sprint. You would basically boost him into a block and their sprint would mess up. And even sometimes, I'm pretty sure, their sprint would mess up even if they didn't hit anything. With the sprint key, those aren't nearly as affective strategies anymore. The fishing rod to boost your opponent into a tree, or a ledge, still works, but the result isn't nearly as drastic.

Also, as already mentioned, this makes pvp much more fast paced, and more fun to spectate, and more fun to play as well.

So yes, to answer this question further, the sprint button definitely changed pvp, and I would say for the better.
As pretty much the earliest adopter fishing rod combat, even the way it's used during combat now is significantly different than my original vision, and I noticed that change taking the most significant turn after sprinting changed. The risks of my initial idea are far greater now with the current sprint systems, and due to the fast paced combat, it is also significantly more difficult to pull off. Instead of my original "free hits" idea, it has taken a more "throw your opponent off" kind of role, or a "gain knockback advantage for combos" role. My original idea still does work, but it isn't very consistent in comparison to the variations I see most frequently used today.

RathaYatra

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
1.7 sprint pissed me off because I was very good at doubling taping sprint My pvp looked like I had a sprint button.
Than everyone gets a sprint button and everyone can do what I worked so hard to do.
gg

Fax

Career
Reaction score
Sprint key rekt me, i get stomped every game now

Fax

Career
Reaction score
Wait you play mc again?
Playing it since I hit diamond on LoL. I'm kind of mix and matching what I'm playing atm, at a crossroads of games to pursue. If you want to play sometime hmu as whenever I play solo I just go up against teams or hackers which basically just ends up in my death lol

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci