• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Crashing idea.

Matt_The Dreamer

Mockingjay
Reaction score
Can this even be done? I mean, it seems really complex. And how would this work without interfering with the mine craft survival games plugin? And also what would happen if the person actually wanted to leave? Because they surely wouldn't want to waste a win but they would need to go.

darkai202

Mockingjay
Reaction score
Can this even be done? I mean, it seems really complex. And how would this work without interfering with the mine craft survival games plugin? And also what would happen if the person actually wanted to leave? Because they surely wouldn't want to waste a win but they would need to go.
Pretty sure the DEVS could just make thc clone thing pretty easily, and if the player wanted to leave.. The player just leaves. But he will technically have a clone still there. (Unless the DEVS can fix that or something, maybe if you type /noclone before you leave there's no clone? xP)

shootingsignals

Survivor
Reaction score
Perhaps it could be made so that if someone disconnects by logging out they die as normal, but if they crash this idea is put in place. As the two send different messages to console I believe it would be possibly however, could be complex. I know next to nothing about making plugins though so I'm most likely wrong :p I really do like this idea though.

ThatOneTomahawk

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
This reminds me of a server I play Call of Duty 4 death run on. Basically, this server is constantly full, so it takes ages to join. Once you are in the game, if you crash, the server disconnects you about two minutes later. The time could be negotiated as to when you are actually disconnected, but it should be enough time for someone to be able to reconnect to the server. To avoid the exploitation of this, as was previously stated, if you disconnect normally you should still be killed. This is to prevent pvp loggers. Overall, this seems like a great idea to me!

darkai202

Mockingjay
Reaction score
I fear this may be abused for combat logging.
Could you please tell me how it would be combat logging?

I don't think you get the idea, let's say I'm in a fight and I crash, then unlucky me. I'd disconnect and a clone would be placed there. The clone would function as a NPC (Think of a villager without the trading option and it can't move.) I could still be hit, killed and my items would still drop, if I logged back into the game and I died I would still have the respawn screen like I normally died.

Basically the clone functions as a person, it can still be killed like any normal player, the idea isn't for fighting, mostly but for accidental disconnecting/crashing. Let's say you were just wandering around and your internet crashed, you'd go back, put it on etc and then when you logged on to the same server you would still have everything you had and you can continue playing, (unless someone found you and you were killed)

So please everyone, before you say 'combat logging' please tell me how..?

This reminds me of a server I play Call of Duty 4 death run on. Basically, this server is constantly full, so it takes ages to join. Once you are in the game, if you crash, the server disconnects you about two minutes later. The time could be negotiated as to when you are actually disconnected, but it should be enough time for someone to be able to reconnect to the server. To avoid the exploitation of this, as was previously stated, if you disconnect normally you should still be killed. This is to prevent pvp loggers. Overall, this seems like a great idea to me!
Yes, a time limit might be an idea, true.. I think 3 minutes would work? Also, I think disconnecting and crashing have different properties, but yeah, if they can tell crashing and disconnecting apart, I agree disconnecting leaves the game.

ShaunDepro

Mockingjay
Reaction score
then people could go somewhere in a corner leave and let their friend spectate wait till corn and joins back
Players will have 30-60 seconds to rejoin the game before the static NPC dissappears and drops the loot from the player. The NPC will still be there for that time, and if it is found by another tribute they can kill it. Think of the NPC as a temporary camper, who's client crashed or internet connection shortly died.

You have 100% support on this idea from me Darkrai! :)

This idea cannot be abused if these other factors are set in place; for other people thinking it can:
  • 30-60 seconds to rejoin. (or 3 minutes, reading the above posts, but I believe that's a bit... too high)
  • Static NPC, cannot be moved or knockedback.
  • 100% attackable and lootable and modifies the bounty/kill/death.
  • People are stating that people could abuse this by "combat-logging", one of the main reasons upon this idea is to stop combat logging - say you are chasing a player, and they disconnect and you haven't gotten any hits into them... that's not fair. With this idea if they log out it will leave an NPC, so you can run up, kill the NPC and it's fair. At the same time it helps people who have lost connection or crashed, leaving the NPC so they are still a tribute in game when they join again, but leaving the NPC open to be attacked so it's fair for other people.
It's a win-win, there are no more faults within the suggestion then what we have now.

darkai202

Mockingjay
Reaction score
Players will have 30-60 seconds to rejoin the game before the static NPC dissappears and drops the loot from the player. The NPC will still be there for that time, and if it is found by another tribute they can kill it. Think of the NPC as a temporary camper, who's client crashed or internet connection shortly died.

You have 100% support on this idea from me Darkrai! :)

This idea cannot be abused if these other factors are set in place; for other people thinking it can:
  • 30-60 seconds to rejoin. (or 3 minutes, reading the above posts, but I believe that's a bit... too high)
  • Static NPC, cannot be moved or knockedback.
  • 100% attackable and lootable and modifies the bounty/kill/death.
  • People are stating that people could abuse this by "combat-logging", one of the main reasons upon this idea is to stop combat logging - say you are chasing a player, and they disconnect and you haven't gotten any hits into them... that's not fair. With this idea if they log out it will leave an NPC, so you can run up, kill the NPC and it's fair. At the same time it helps people who have lost connection or crashed, leaving the NPC so they are still a tribute in game when they join again, but leaving the NPC open to be attacked so it's fair for other people.
It's a win-win, there are no more faults within the suggestion then what we have now.

You cleared everything up..

Now Sub has to see this and be like.. 'Ohmagerd i need 2 ad dis cuz dark is awesum'

ShaunDepro

Mockingjay
Reaction score
Pretty sure the DEVS could just make thc clone thing pretty easily, and if the player wanted to leave.. The player just leaves. But he will technically have a clone still there. (Unless the DEVS can fix that or something, maybe if you type /noclone before you leave there's no clone? xP)
Another server, minez who's plugin developer - Lazertester made his plugin excactly like this, except the option to do a command /logout which counts down 15 seconds and then disconnects them from the server (done with a passive kick). It's 100% possible.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci