• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Crashing idea.

darkai202

Mockingjay
Reaction score
Hi, everyone knows some people can't afford super computers/amazing internet (Like me.. >.>) so I came up with this idea..

Say someone crashes in the game and they're like..

'Omfg... Full iron armor and a diamond sword and I crashed' and they threw their lamp on the floor in anger.. We don't want this to happen right?

I was thinking, if you crash/disconnect your player still stays in the game, but is basically a NPC. You can still be killed so it isn't like ghosting, and yeah..

So pretty much.

<Player 1> Crashed, and he leaves a 'clone' where he died, this clone has everything he has, etc.

If player 1 rejoined before his 'clone' was killed he would still have everything in that game, and could still play. (Basically he'd rejoin and be exactly the same as he was before)

Anyone agree/disagree?

iMightTroll

Diamond
Reaction score
Hmmmmm. Hmmmmm . I like it cuz noobs will start to combat log (that's why I don't do faction servers anymore) and rejoin say 'dafuq, how did I die' and then there will be these type if rage threads 'I disconnected and then I died' . Good idea though. :)

darkai202

Mockingjay
Reaction score
Hmmmmm. Hmmmmm . I like it cuz noobs will start to combat log (that's why I don't do faction servers anymore) and rejoin say 'dafuq, how did I die' and then there will be these type if rage threads 'I disconnected and then I died' . Good idea though. :)
Wait, do you mean on the Hunger Games or your faction servers?

'I disconnected and I died' that's what normally happens in Hunger Games. xD

Also, pro of this idea:

People won't combat log to save their 'precious' points.

people are going to abuse it
How can it be abused..?
If you log out, you'll leave a clone which is still killable, combat logging won't do anything?
Also, people can't leave and go like 'herpy derp I'll have a shower lol' and expect to log on again perfectly fine, as they leave a clone when they disconnect which would still be killable.
IE:
Player 1: Lol I'll disconnect so noobz can't go to DM
Player 1 leaves, and leaves a clone which has the exact same items he had before if he logs in before he's killed he can continue playing, if someone kills him before he logs in again he dies.
I'm not sure how you think people would abuse it.. Can you please tell me how before shooting the idea straight down?

xElisehx

Experienced
Reaction score
what about if the clone just randomly walks in lava or falls in a gap and cant get out

xElisehx

Experienced
Reaction score
then people could go somewhere in a corner leave and let their friend spectate wait till corn and joins back

Zeno

Platinum
Reaction score
then people could go somewhere in a corner leave and let their friend spectate wait till corn and joins back
They could do the same thing without disconnecting as well.

In my opinion, this is an amazing idea, as it would prevent combat logging, reduce rage and help those with bad computers/Internet/random glitchiness, and really make it more fair for everyone, with no drawbacks that I can see besides (possibly) additional lag.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci