• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Crashing idea.

Valethar

Career
Reaction score
Could you please tell me how it would be combat logging?

I don't think you get the idea, let's say I'm in a fight and I crash, then unlucky me. I'd disconnect and a clone would be placed there. The clone would function as a NPC (Think of a villager without the trading option and it can't move.) I could still be hit, killed and my items would still drop, if I logged back into the game and I died I would still have the respawn screen like I normally died.

Basically the clone functions as a person, it can still be killed like any normal player, the idea isn't for fighting, mostly but for accidental disconnecting/crashing. Let's say you were just wandering around and your internet crashed, you'd go back, put it on etc and then when you logged on to the same server you would still have everything you had and you can continue playing, (unless someone found you and you were killed)

So please everyone, before you say 'combat logging' please tell me how..?

Yes, a time limit might be an idea, true.. I think 3 minutes would work? Also, I think disconnecting and crashing have different properties, but yeah, if they can tell crashing and disconnecting apart, I agree disconnecting leaves the game.
A lot of things can be glitched and exploited. I have no doubt that this would not be an exception.

subtato

District 13
Reaction score
Players will have 30-60 seconds to rejoin the game before the static NPC dissappears and drops the loot from the player. The NPC will still be there for that time, and if it is found by another tribute they can kill it. Think of the NPC as a temporary camper, who's client crashed or internet connection shortly died.

You have 100% support on this idea from me Darkrai! :)

This idea cannot be abused if these other factors are set in place; for other people thinking it can:
  • 30-60 seconds to rejoin. (or 3 minutes, reading the above posts, but I believe that's a bit... too high)
  • Static NPC, cannot be moved or knockedback.
  • 100% attackable and lootable and modifies the bounty/kill/death.
  • People are stating that people could abuse this by "combat-logging", one of the main reasons upon this idea is to stop combat logging - say you are chasing a player, and they disconnect and you haven't gotten any hits into them... that's not fair. With this idea if they log out it will leave an NPC, so you can run up, kill the NPC and it's fair. At the same time it helps people who have lost connection or crashed, leaving the NPC so they are still a tribute in game when they join again, but leaving the NPC open to be attacked so it's fair for other people.
It's a win-win, there are no more faults within the suggestion then what we have now.
Actually, this is exactly what I had in mind. I believe MineZ also has something similar in place.

subtato

District 13
Reaction score
So Sub.. Is it being implemented in MCSG V2? :D
Need to bring it up to the other developers when we chat tonight/tomorrow first. I like the idea, it'd just be interesting keeping up with it when Minecraft updates.

Porkstorm

District 13
Reaction score
i think if you dont go back on the server within 5 minutes you gett kicked or somthing to prevent campers

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci