• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Community Vote: What if we were to add back exploding podiums?

Would you like if we added exploding podiums into MCSG?

• Yes

Votes: 290 59.4%
  • No

Votes: 198 40.6%

• Total voters

Saza

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
I don't really want this :/

Blake43215

Some guy
Reaction score
I think it needs to insta kill you.. because if you hacked, you would probably be able to survive somehow.

Theoretical

District 13
Reaction score
This was a hilarious feature on april fools. Shocked that people actually wanted it to stay, but helps prevent players from sprinting at the start. Just I am worried with client lag with all of the explosions of unsuspecting members. I am personally on the fence with this and unsure myself.
Guys, Chad brings good points.

The reasons I do NOT want it to be implemented.
  • First of all, some unsuspecting new members would not be welcomed well.
  • Second, a lot of lag might occur with this implemented.
  • Third, it would be more like 18 tributes rather then 24--which does not actually sound like the books nor the movies.
  • I'm a fan of sprinting when the clock starts ticking down--and it will be quite annoying when I can't do this anymore.
  • Additionally, this just adds another reason for those to get Better Sprint Mod.
Many jokes are funny on April Fools--but they aren't once it ends.

Claq

Career
Reaction score
I personally think it's a bad idea, there is specualtion that if you start running before the game starts you get farther, faster when running to corn.

But it would make it easier to catch hackers.

In the ned I think it's a bad idea!

The Arena Master

Mockingjay
Reaction score
Imma throw my opinion in here.

1. This won't cause lag, it's a single burst of tnt. If your computer, or the servers, can't handle that than they're weak from the start.
2. True, some people will be blown off at first, but it'll never happen again to them. Perhaps have a message in the chat reading that you'll be blown off if you run off before the time.
3. It adds a huge new twist to the servers, and it's a huge update. We haven't really had any big updates in a while, a little change never hurts anything.

Reaction score
No not really because some people including me start to move at the "2" so you can get a little boost so I personally think no.

Mr_Tibbels

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
I say yes, we experiment them for a while and if we don't like it, we can just stop it. I personally would like it because it gives you a more realistic feel of the hunger games:p

Alb1nomachawk

Spectator
Reaction score
Sounds like a cool idea, but... with all of the lag and such I don't think it would really work out.

No

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci