• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Community Vote: Chest only refilling at the center.

Should the chests refill only at the center?

• Yes

Votes: 69 34.7%
  • No

Votes: 130 65.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

IAmCathedral

Spectator
Reaction score
I think the chests at the better known places should refill at night along with the corn. That will provide multiple hot spots for people to go and get items but will also cause fights

ROGY

Tribute
Reaction score
Making the chests only refill at the corn helps promote more active battles in the center to match the story and movie. People are also making a point with the chests refilling outside of the corn, food was just too common and didn't provide much of any challenge to this. Yes, people will camp, but its just like the movie how the other tributes camped the center. All apart of the game strategy.
It is more like the movie now. My only suggestion would be that chests outside of corn refill but not with food and maybe a limited amount. I'm sure that sounds like a programming headache but if for some chance its not, i think the change would give non teams more of a fighting chance like in the movie.

gammarik

Survivor
Reaction score
I think only big chests like in towers or in puzzles should be refilled along with the center chests
But then people will know where to go to get stuff. I think it would be better if it was random which chests were filled.

Eric Mitz

Spectator
Reaction score
Not true. You can easily kill a player with a diamond sword by yourself if your good with a bow. You defiantly don't need 3 people to take him down, two people working together easily does it. As for the last statement the cornucopia domination changes hands very easily. It's not hard to take it, it's hard to keep it. Especially now since those are the only chests with items that respawn. The middle will change hands much more often now, just watch some games and you will see this happen.
Yeah, but you need to get to the middle to GET the diamond sword, and that is next to impossible late in the game if you didnt take it first. I was literally just playing a game when it was down to me and 2 other people that were teamed, the both had full iron and diamond swords. There is NO way that anyone is getting past that by them selves. P.S it never changed hands through many games i just spectated.

If the team of 3 went to the cornucopia the first night they could easily best the the team of 2 before they were fully geared. The cornucopia is balanced now because everyone is going to want it and it's going to be chaotic. You are going to see games where 3-4 teams are fighting over the cornucopia at once. This also solves the problems with people forming large alliances as there is less gear to go around. So it's smarter to stick by yourself or with just a single other person. This in turn means less ganking and more evenly matched fights.
matched my ass

Ex. 1, Ex. 2, and Ex. 3

Attachments

ROGY

Tribute
Reaction score
matched my ass

Ex. 1, Ex. 2, and Ex. 3
Haylee. That backstabber, I saved her life. But anyways, off topic, I'm not quite sure what the pics are supposed to mean. Camping at corn will occur regardless. I liked your response but don't quite understand the pics.

Eric Mitz

Spectator
Reaction score
Haylee. That backstabber, I saved her life. But anyways, off topic, I'm not quite sure what the pics are supposed to mean. Camping at corn will occur regardless. I liked your response but don't quite understand the pics.
The fact the aeonic said that there would be more fair fights are what the pics are supposed to address. Does that look like a fair fight?

MasterJiraiya

Tribute
Reaction score
Making the chests only refill at the corn helps promote more active battles in the center to match the story and movie. People are also making a point with the chests refilling outside of the corn, food was just too common and didn't provide much of any challenge to this. Yes, people will camp, but its just like the movie how the other tributes camped the center. All apart of the game strategy.

Keep in mind, camping and teaming is really not against the rules as it's a strategy played within the game. After making this change I got numerous emails with people stating their opinions about chests that were both for and against this change. So lets talk about chests! What are your opinions?
keep them as they were!

angrydwarf99

Tribute
Reaction score
thank you! i love that its more like the movie and books. its how it should be. this is a great idea

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci