• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Community Vote: Battle of the Islands, Fire or Ice?

What map should we remove?

• Total voters

kakdeg

Spectator
Reaction score
Don't delete these maps... delete the new solar frost... And get the old one back, the new one is acctually pure s**t and your sprint gets interrupted all the time!

Boslir

Platinum
Reaction score
Freeze is really a bad map, you can't do a good pvp on that! :(

xXNinJamo97Xx

Tribute
Reaction score
http://www.minecraftsurvivalgames.com/threads/how-to-stop-lag-on-demons-breeze.41914/
I'm going to post this on everyone's post about lag on Demon's Breeze.
I have also posted how to stop lag on this one single thread like 3 teams on how to stop lag >.>
The nether brick house and quartz one is to make the map a little more interesting, instead of completely coppyinng Breeze Island also.
Ok fine, the whole lag thing is true, when you turn your sound off, it stops. But the other reasons why I dislike the map seem reasonable, don't they? If they are going to make Breeze Island more interesting, they should put something that fits in and is well built. As it turns out, the nether brick house and the quartz house both fail at that.

Psyonic123

Survivor
Reaction score
Here's my opinion. They should remove both, and here's why.

1) It's unfair on other map builders with fresh ideas. I really don't understand the point of remaking a map, when you can just have completely new ones. This community gets lots of new maps, which means the popular ones (cough cough breeze cough) don't get overplayed. This is a good thing because some people will get bored of it. However, the fact that Breeze Island has been remade into a frozen edition and nether edition while other maps that have had a lot of work put into them are just turned down is beyond stupid.

2) Demon's Breeze sucks. For one, you lag like sh*t, and you can fall in the lava really easily. This can make the map so annoying to play. Also, it doesn't stay true to Breeze Island. The random nether brick house is poorly built, and the quartz house just doesn't even make any sense by being where it is.

3) Freeze Island also sucks. As a lot of people have already said, the PvP is awful, and the chases are even worse than the normal Breeze Island. Also, this one has a lot of unnecessary areas in it, such as the igloo village (which doesn't even have any chests), and the other pirate ship with the kraken in it (which is the same as the other ship but has been copied). The glaciers are acceptable, because that makes it more realistic, but the other landmarks don't really belong there.

Please bear in mind that this is my opinion, it doesn't mean that I'm right or wrong.
I'm not even going to read that because the poll is not for both. Lol

D

DJMaestro12

I don't like Freeze, because it's too uncertain where someone is. I was playing on it once, my friend and I saw someone about 80 blocks away, running towards us (I had optifine). I went to check my inventory and make some soup. I gave it to my friend, and I look to my right. Him, as well as 4 other people are coming our way. At this point we decided to run, because... well... by the time I said "James, quick! RUN!" he'd lost 8 hearts. They all weren't teamed, but...

You know what happened next... ._.

Mini_Curly

Diamond
Reaction score
Demons Breeze makes me run like 9 fps... The only map that I physically just can't play :p

TerrabyteX

Tribute
Reaction score
Please remove freeze island. I hate the ice and theres not much tier 2 chest in there.... And I don't get lag on demon's breeze so please remove freeze island. :D

Denster91

Platinum
Reaction score
You mean to tell me that sound contributes to lag?
Yes. I believe the way lava works is that each block makes a sound every few seconds, and when theres a lot of them your computer is overwhelmed and starts lagging because it has to process too many sounds. Turning them off fixes the lag.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci