• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Community Poll: Leaderboards Reset with Newest Update?

Assuming your old statistics would be saved separately, would you like the leaderboards to be reset?

• Yes. I support Legacy Leaderboards, new statistics to track, and a global leaderboards reset.

Votes: 883 53.7%
  • No. I don't want a global leaderboards reset nor new statistics to track. Keep everything as it is.

Votes: 761 46.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Xystz

Quantum
Reaction score
Let's look at this in another way,
If we voted no, none of the randies with terrible ratios would quit, if we voted yes most of the good players with a higha amount of wins and or good ratio would quit.
Do you want the community to lose their most active contributed members, just bc some 8 year old wants to be huahwi?
How's about we make a poll on losing 1000 contributive and respected players vs losing 100 11 year olds who thought they could get a 10000/10000 ratio?
Why would the randies quit? They have played before this with a bad ratio.

What are you talking about?
I'm replying to your post.

Kauff

Experienced
Reaction score
Yep dude! Every single person who voted yes is a creeperfarts fan and just does whatever he says! I 100% believe you dude!
Did I say every single vote was due to him? I just said the data is skewed due to his fans; obviously there's a few people who believe that stats should be reset.

J

Joel/MadDawg

Let's look at this in another way,
If we voted no, none of the randies with terrible ratios would quit, if we voted yes most of the good players with a higha amount of wins and or good ratio would quit.
Do you want the community to lose their most active contributed members, just bc some 8 year old wants to be huahwi?
How's about we make a poll on losing 1000 contributive and respected players vs losing 100 11 year olds who thought they could get a 10000/10000 ratio?
The thing is, a lot of the people on your side of the debate haven't been good contributing members until now. Since there is a risk that you all will lose something that you care a lot about, a lot of you have come from nowhere to try and stop this at all costs. Quite frankly, I would dare say all of the people on the "no" side of the argument are bad members of the community because they are trying to hold mcsg back from improving.

Mint_Sibs

District 13
Reaction score
The thing is, a lot of the people on your side of the debate haven't been good contributing members until now. Since there is a risk that you all will lose something that you care a lot about, a lot of you have come from nowhere to try and stop this at all costs. Quite frankly, I would dare say all of the people on the "no" side of the argument are bad members of the community because they are trying to hold mcsg back from improving.
That is completely incorrect, you had no criticizing points to persuade someone about your side of this debate, all you managed to say was basically:
"the contributive members don't contribute!"
"Said contributive members don't want mcsg to improve!"
These points are completely incorrect
As well, if you were to read the points, the no side of the argument is that more players would quit, than if it was yes. No matter what you say, said players that would quit would be highly respected players of the clan community: ex: Sportsfan2565
And respected highly ranked players, for whom the leaderboards are the only thing keeping them here.
The way your speaking is very ignorant next time, think before you post.

Reaction score
About you saying that the people no are bad members of the community and trying to hold MCSG back from improving is true in a way.

However I don't think that the people on the 'no' side of the argument are saying no because we want MCSG to not improve and are holding MCSG back. I think they are saying no because of the reasons that have been stated many a time before, because we don't want all of the effort we have spent getting these stats to go to waste, because if we had to spend all that time to get these high ranks why should a brand new player that wants to have a high rank have to not try anywhere near as hard as we have to get these high ranks and because it would cause lots of highly ranked and respected member to quit. With these opinions comes the fact that yes we do look like we are trying to hold MCSG back but if we are doing that it's for a good reason.

About you saying that people that usually wouldn't post on the forums have now started posting on this thread because it's something that we care about and we may lose it, is that a bad thing? (how you wrote I have interpreted it as you think it's a bad thing if I misinterpreted you sorry)

Mint_Sibs

District 13
Reaction score
About you saying that the people no are bad members of the community and trying to hold MCSG back from improving is true in a way.

However I don't think that the people on the 'no' side of the argument are saying no because we want MCSG to not improve and are holding MCSG back. I think they are saying no because of the reasons that have been stated many a time before, because we don't want all of the effort we have spent getting these stats to go to waste and because if we had to spend all that time to get these high ranks why should a brand new player that wants to have a high rank have to not try anywhere near as hard as we have to get these high ranks.

About you saying that people that usually wouldn't post on the forums have now started posting on this thread because it's something that we care about and we may lose it, is that a bad thing? (how you wrote I have interpreted it as you think it's a bad thing if I misinterpreted you sorry)
Actually the main argument for no was because the respected players in our community would quit

SniperSnakez

District 13
Reaction score
Reading through this whole thread, I've noticed a pattern. The difference of people who are in favor of the stat reset may seem like a lot in game, but on the forums it's about 50/50. The players voting yes are typically players who look at Gravey4rd and think, "I'm never going to get up that high on the leaderboards." While the ones voting no are the experienced community members us had myself. Being here for 2 years and committing as much time to here as I have, I'd rather not have it all thrown down the drain. As for legacy leaderboards? I don't see what that would change. I mean, if you'd just arrived at the network and saw the opportunity to get to the top of the leaderboards, of course you would vote yes. However, I think the decision should be based on the forum vote, which shows the opinions of the experienced community members and their opinions.

Come on staff, think.
Forum votes are winning anyways BTW. Either way I dont care because I quit, but I think the community would be better at a fresh start.

J

Joel/MadDawg

That is completely incorrect, you had no criticizing points to persuade someone about your side of this debate, all you managed to say was basically:
"the contributive members don't contribute!"
"Said contributive members don't want mcsg to improve!"
1. My point was that many people who have been largely inactive on the forums all of a sudden are riled up about this thread. I do not mean all of the people who have voted no are like this, I just have noticed that lots of the largest opponents of this idea have basically done nothing on the forums before this (I do not consider you one of these people).
2. Technically by voting no you are voting against improvement in mcsg. If this change was carried out it would allow mcsg to add the weekly/monthly leaderboards that everyone has asked for, so by voting no you are voting against a positive change to mcsg.

However I don't think that the people on the 'no' side of the argument are saying no because we want MCSG to not improve and are holding MCSG back. I think they are saying no because of the reasons that have been stated many a time before, because we don't want all of the effort we have spent getting these stats to go to waste, because if we had to spend all that time to get these high ranks why should a brand new player that wants to have a high rank have to not try anywhere near as hard as we have to get these high ranks and because it would cause lots of highly ranked and respected member to quit. With these opinions comes the fact that yes we do look like we are trying to hold MCSG back but if we are doing that it's for a good reason.

This is fair and understandable. I do realize that people voting no aren't directly voting against improvement to mcsg, but you do have to realize that this is one of the consequences of voting no. I see it this way: people are putting their wins and work put into mcsg over a change that would help mcsg. Is this is a bad thing? I don't know, but you have to admit that when put like that a no vote does seem a little selfish.

bcfcAnt

Platinum
Reaction score
1. My point was that many people who have been largely inactive on the forums all of a sudden are riled up about this thread. I do not mean all of the people who have voted no are like this, I just have noticed that lots of the largest opponents of this idea have basically done nothing on the forums before this (I do not consider you one of these people).
2. Technically by voting no you are voting against improvement in mcsg. If this change was carried out it would allow mcsg to add the weekly/monthly leaderboards that everyone has asked for, so by voting no you are voting against a positive change to mcsg.

This is fair and understandable. I do realize that people voting no aren't directly voting against improvement to mcsg, but you do have to realize that this is one of the consequences of voting no. I see it this way: people are putting their wins and work put into mcsg over a change that would help mcsg. Is this is a bad thing? I don't know, but you have to admit that when put like that a no vote does seem a little selfish.
How dare you call us selfish when we've worked years on our stats and the majority of yes votes are for the fact of them wanting an easier route to #1. That's selfish.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci