• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Community Opinion: Teaming

Should teaming only be allowed in certain servers?

• Yes

Votes: 381 62.3%
  • No

Votes: 231 37.7%

• Total voters

jojo_mojo

Spectator
Reaction score
So after my livestream yesterday, some great conversations were started by users asking me questions about the certain policies we have here at MCGamer. One conversation we spent awhile on was the subject of teaming.

Currently this strategy is not against our rules right now in MCSG since we originally opened back in 2012, but we understand that some members would like to play FFA as well in some cases. This post really is to start a dialog and maybe start thinking of ways were we can maybe promote both styles of gameplay on our network. One idea that really stood out to me was having certain servers not allow teaming (example would be server's numbered 100+ would be FFA servers only). I heard other ideas go as far as making everyone's skin to Steve + masking their usernames for an extreme example. These examples are not set in stone but in more of a "what if" status right now.

So what are your opinions on this subject?

PABZS

Diamond
Reaction score
That's why the plugin will only be installed in some servers smartass
lol. based on your thinking, wouldnt the players be able to meet up and team? lol. You're just using an idea which red warefare uses

5Ocal

Quantum
Reaction score
It would be a tad bit difficult to moderate, but that would be a challenge we would cross once we actually look into this more.
You could put up a forum thread that people could report teamers on, and the teamers punishment could be a temp ban from the ffa survival games. Just a suggestion. :)

Aidan

Platinum
Reaction score
No one likes teaming tbh :3 everyone knows that though, you dont need to explain it or anything its just unfair but it is apart of the game and we all have to deal with it.

_Gamer_FTW

Platinum
Reaction score
My Opinion on this topic would be it would be a great idea for the community side of the story. Most people would love to have this on McGamer but as i know someone said before about being able to moderate the server would be a little bit harder since IF all players were masked and had steve skins to prevent the teaming from happening but you know some people will find a way around it.

Pros
1. This will stop the teaming on certain servers.
2. Clans could play on Non-FFA servers
3. Threads will stop poping up about teaming
4. The server community will increase in players
5. Many people who quit will come back if they quit for people teaming

Cons
1. Moderating will become harder
2. Preventing Teaming from still happening Somehow
3. Paying for the servers and dividing the server so it will work
4. Trying to catch teamers if this were to happen in game

This is just some of the things i could think of right now and if you would like me to add something else i can. I do believe that this could very much help the server if the server gets better on catching boosters in Non-FFA servers if they are boosting. If the masked name happened people could just tell friends about the name and continue to team but would need moderators to help stop the teaming in FFA servers. You would need to make all the names invis and most likely block chat on those servers to prevent the players from teaming in my opinion. I do think this could help the server but would need a lot of thought and effort put into the design of this.

Aidan

Platinum
Reaction score
My Opinion on this topic would be it would be a great idea for the community side of the story. Most people would love to have this on McGamer but as i know someone said before about being able to moderate the server would be a little bit harder since IF all players were masked and had steve skins to prevent the teaming from happening but you know some people will find a way around it.

Pros

Cons

This is just some of the things i could think of right now and if you would like me to add something else i can. I do believe that this could very much help the server if the server gets better on catching boosters in Non-FFA servers if they are boosting. If the masked name happened people could just tell friends about the name and continue to team but would need moderators to help stop the teaming in FFA servers. You would need to make all the names invis and most likely block chat on those servers to prevent the players from teaming in my opinion. I do think this could help the server but would need a lot of thought and effort put into the design of this.
Agreeeeee

Electrix

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
EDIT: Someone did a HUGE necro! New thread, please!

Last edited:

ImJellyfish

Platinum
Reaction score
You could put up a forum thread that people could report teamers on, and the teamers punishment could be a temp ban from the ffa survival games. Just a suggestion. :)
They could do the same for necro posting too. Just a suggestion. :)

BaccaBoy1999

Platinum
Reaction score

Pros

Cons

LOL someoneeeee came from nexus..........

_Gamer_FTW

Platinum
Reaction score
LOL someoneeeee came from nexus..........
Never came from nexus _-_ I played on here way before Nexus was even thought of. Also if you trying to say something about the whole steve skin thing look at chad's post he even said it in there.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci