• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

SURVIVAL GAMES Cloudy with a Chance of Survival [NEW TRAILER]

Wilt thou accept this offering?

• Yes sir!

Votes: 31 83.8%
  • Naope.

Votes: 6 16.2%

• Total voters

PokeJosh

Experienced
Reaction score
Really unique and great idea!
Good Luck!
Thanks! I was hoping that it would be unique.

I'm currently tweaking some of the terraforming slightly so as to make gameplay a little smoother, and easier on the eyes. Also, most of the complaints I have seen in the past have been about the ocean...I have been studying the most popular maps that are more similar in style to mine, and I have decided to revamp a lot of the ocean area...I will post results when it is complete, and I want feedback from you guys! Also, if you are voting no, yes, or simply not voting...tell me why in the comments! I really would love to hear from you, community input is very important to me. A lot of things in this map have changed from community input. We want to make this a map that people love, and that is really fun to play on.

-PokeJosh

PokeJosh

Experienced
Reaction score
UPDATE:

The thread has been moved as requested to the "Maps in Progress" section of the forums because we are making so many changes. The beaches are looking gorgeous. The ocean is being reformed left and right, with a lot more content and creative ideas to boot. The new trailer is continuing to be pushed back because of the amount of changes that are being made, but included with the final release will also be a new trailer. Once a significant amount of changes have been made, a new download will be put on the main post.

Please continue to support us here, and as we are now open to making many changes...feel free to submit your own ideas and changes you would like to see! Download the map, and leave a comment with any feedback you have for the final version.

-PokeJosh

Cardon

Experienced
Reaction score
Surprised you're back at this map, but some areas look a little repetitive, like the parts by the glass dome.

PokeJosh

Experienced
Reaction score
Surprised you're back at this map, but some areas look a little repetitive, like the parts by the glass dome.
You're right! Especially the part towards the fridge area. What would you suggest to improve and change things up?

-PokeJosh

Cardon

Experienced
Reaction score
You're right! Especially the part towards the fridge area. What would you suggest to improve and change things up?

-PokeJosh
I think the map terraforming is great. Just try to experiment with different blocks and patterns, if that makes any sense. I can't build to save my life, but have a decent eye when criticizing builds. One tip I can give you on building, do not use the same block too much!

PokeJosh

Experienced
Reaction score
I think the map terraforming is great. Just try to experiment with different blocks and patterns, if that makes any sense. I can't build to save my life, but have a decent eye when criticizing builds. One tip I can give you on building, do not use the same block too much!
Thanks! That helps a lot. I'm gonna upload some screenshots soon of the work we have been doing. I had already been experimenting with using some different blocks to make the ground more interesting, and adding a lot of little details throughout the map using NBT customized heads. I've been learning a lot of cool techniques online and by looking at some of the other great maps on the servers to improve the builds a bit, even though there are some parts that are going to stay a little more cartoony. And the terraforming really isn't that great in a lot of places...haha. But that is one of the first improvements I have made! The ground looks a lot better now. Finals week will be over this week, and then I'll be back with Twister__99 and we will go ham!

-PokeJosh

Cardon

Experienced
Reaction score
Thanks! That helps a lot. I'm gonna upload some screenshots soon of the work we have been doing. I had already been experimenting with using some different blocks to make the ground more interesting, and adding a lot of little details throughout the map using NBT customized heads. I've been learning a lot of cool techniques online and by looking at some of the other great maps on the servers to improve the builds a bit, even though there are some parts that are going to stay a little more cartoony. And the terraforming really isn't that great in a lot of places...haha. But that is one of the first improvements I have made! The ground looks a lot better now. Finals week will be over this week, and then I'll be back with Twister__99 and we will go ham!

-PokeJosh
First - good luck on finals! I don't have mine for another quarter. Second, keep me posted! This map is very cool, and I'd love to see the outcome!

Mlpoknzaba

Diamond
Reaction score
Stopped playing Minecraft/MCSG at the start of 2014.
Moved on with my life, played other games, met new people, focused on school/other commitments.
Forgot about PokeJosh and his map.
Was clearing old folders on my laptop when I find Cloudy ver.1
Remember you and your time away.
Come looking, hope you came back and finished the map.
You did come back! I'm glad you did. I can't wait to see the final map.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci