• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Cleansweep EU - Our first results!

Frazzli185

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
For those that don’t know what the EU Cleansweep is, here is the previous post:
http://www.minecraftsurvivalgames.com/threads/operation-clean-sweep.141890/

Good news everyone!

Day by day, more hackers are being banned thanks to the efforts of the EU Cleansweep. The staff has made considerable progress in our efforts to deal with hackers, and our coordinated efforts during prearranged crackdowns is proving to be effective. This first week has proven to be very productive, but there is still much work to be done.

Every week, we plan to post about the results of the previous week’s Cleansweep efforts. These reports will state what day the crackdowns were, when they were, and- most importantly- how many hackers we brought down that day. Here is the first of many Cleansweep reports to come.

A Note about Times and Days:
Due to scheduling issues and optimal time management, each sweep is organized for a span of two hours. As such, knowing when to schedule a time when the most hackers will be on is essential to our efforts. The times of our current sessions may change to suit where the community needs us most. If you have any suggestions as to when you have been noticing a higher amount of hackers, please let us know either via Private Message or with a comment here. We will take these suggestions into account, experiment with time zones, and organize sweeps during the times when hackers are most prevalent.

The Week’s Sweep Stats:
54 Participants (Including two players, one VIP, and one Waiting)
1300 servers monitored
12 Hours of sweeps

292 Hackers Banned
76 were
Permanently Banned

Session Days and Times:
for the week of October 12th, 2014 (All times are in BST):
Monday - 7pm - 9pm
Wednesday - 8pm - 10pm
Friday - 6pm - 8pm
2 sessions on Weekends - 3pm - 5pm and 8pm - 10pm and 7pm-9pm for meeting day.

Daily Results from sessions this week:
The first session started at 8pm - 10pm UK time on the 12th of October and 52 hackers were banned in these hours. Mods carried on afterwards and were also banning before the two hours.

The second session was hosted at 7pm - 9pm UK time on the 13th of October and 70 bans were issued by the mods in the session and obviously showed us this time is more effective when finding and eliminating hackers.

Session three was hosted at 8pm - 10pm on the 15th of October and 32 bans were issued by the mods in the session.

Session four was hosted at 6pm - 8pm on the 17th of October and 16 bans were issued by the mods in the session.

The 18th of October 41 bans were issued by the mods in the session. However this was an extended session due to the Mod Meetings.

The 19th of October consisted of an afternoon session (3pm - 5pm) and another session was done at (8pm - 10pm) and 81 bans were issued for these sessions combined, the earlier session showing a massive amount more. Two non-staff community members have volunteered their time and effort to the crackdowns, and they helped bring in quite a few more hackers.

How can you help?
We've already had a couple of community members coming in and helping out a lot! Everyone is welcome to join, and we encourage everyone to get involved in help fighting back against hackers. I’d personally love to meet some of you and I’m sure the mods involved would too!

If you want to get involved with any Cleansweep, you can do so by logging onto our teamspeak (ts.mcgamer.net) and asking a staff member to join the Cleansweep channel. Upon doing so, you will be designated an amount of servers in which you can spectate for hackers. Once you have found one, either record them and upload them yourself or notify a staff member in the channel. Do note that you will be expected to record hackers in a timely manner and behave appropriately for the duration of the crackdown. We encourage everyone get involved if you have the time!

bob_brickman99

Survivor
Reaction score
Can i just ask, if I catch a hacker with a video, how do i upload it? i always catch hackers and have around 10 videos, but i cant seem to work out where to upload it?
I have noticed a drop in hackers, so good job.
BTW i play on AU, so i will continue to catch hackers.

LongTrangDuKich

Tribute
Reaction score
Can i just ask, if I catch a hacker with a video, how do i upload it? i always catch hackers and have around 10 videos, but i cant seem to work out where to upload it?
http://bit.ly/1ro9OxW That should help ;-)

Scott

District 13
Reaction score
Windows or Mac?

Nephilim

Mockingjay
Reaction score
Both, and I use Fraps and Quicktime player to record
Is it possible to upload it straight to the forums, or do you have to go through youtube or the like?
You will have to upload your videos to YouTube and set the status of the videos to Unlisted. That way, only staff members with the link can access the video and therefore we can protect the privacy of the reported player. :)

You can find a Guide here about how to correctly report players for hacking. :)

Scott

District 13
Reaction score
Both, and I use Fraps and Quicktime player to record
Is it possible to upload it straight to the forums, or do you have to go through youtube or the like?
1) Open Movie Maker, a program that comes on Windows PCs.
2) Render the video there by selecting it.
3) Click on save movie, and then recommended for YouTube.
4) Go to http://youtube.com
5) Upload the video. Make sure it is unlisted, and that it isn't edited in any way.
6) Make a report at http://report.mcgamer.info using the correct template.

Hope this helped! Have a nice day!

bob_brickman99

Survivor
Reaction score
You will have to upload your videos to YouTube and set the status of the videos to Unlisted. That way, only staff members with the link can access the video and therefore we can protect the privacy of the reported player. :)

You can find a Guide here about how to correctly report players for hacking. :)
1) Open Movie Maker, a program that comes on Windows PCs.
2) Render the video there by selecting it.
3) Click on save movie, and then recommended for YouTube.
4) Go to http://youtube.com
5) Upload the video. Make sure it is unlisted, and that it isn't edited in any way.
6) Make a report at http://report.mcgamer.info using the correct template.

Hope this helped! Have a nice day!
Thanks guys, i will begin my reporting days :D

JumpingBacon

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
Operation Cleansweep!, I like it. I really do hope this is effective to getting all the hackers banned. I also hope as many people as possible can contribute to this.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci