• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Choose Wisely - New Gametype Idea

You like?

• OMG Yess!!!!! sounds awesome!

Votes: 9 25.7%
  • I'd rather play this than SG.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • sure

Votes: 12 34.3%
  • Hmm, I'd rather stick with JUST SG

Votes: 6 17.1%
  • I really don't care either way

Votes: 3 8.6%
  • no

Votes: 5 14.3%

• Total voters

hobo1955

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
It would be on hard mode, and the diamond sword would take up ALL your money, so your food bar would Go down quickly. If you have no food, you won't win unless there's a mad rush or you somehow know where everyone was
but the diamond sword guy could kill the food dudes and armor dudes and take their stuff.

Zeno

Platinum
Reaction score
but the diamond sword guy could kill the food dudes and armor dudes and take their stuff.
Not if he was terrible at PvP. And personally, I think an iron sword guy with a chest plate and some food would be better prepared than a diamond sword guy with nothing else. Diamond sword only does a half heart more than iron.

carguy8

Experienced
Reaction score
You do realize the map would be big and you would have to search for players, which generally requires food? The map isn't like 20x20 and people would have no choose but to be out in the open.

carguy8

Experienced
Reaction score
Not if he was terrible at PvP. And personally, I think an iron sword guy with a chest plate and some food would be better prepared than a diamond sword guy with nothing else. Diamond sword only does a half heart more than iron.
Well put. As an add-on to that, someone who is good at PvP is generally smart and strategic, and would realize that they have to last at least until nightfall, what with the$15 bonus, if not the whole game.

carguy8

Experienced
Reaction score
The main reason that I'd love to see this added is because it is an original Minecraft minigame. Think of all the popular Minecraft minigames: MCTF2, TIMV, and MCSG. MCTF2 is based on another video game, as is TIMV. MCSG is based on a book series/movie. What is this idea based off of? Nothing, that I know of. That's why we need this.

carguy8

Experienced
Reaction score
There is one issue: teams. 1 team member might buy all de food, and another might buy swords, then swap items. This is a minor issue.

carguy8

Experienced
Reaction score
Any more feedback?
Anyone unclear?
also if you support this idea put a link to this post in your signature like I did

Toast

District 13
Reaction score
sounds cool, but i think for a new sg gametype, id rather have regular survival in a randomly generated arena for long games.

carguy8

Experienced
Reaction score
Thanks for the support on what I think is a great idea.

carguy8

Experienced
Reaction score
Not a single Mod/Admin/Developer/Owner has replied... Anyone high up in SG ranks have an idea on this?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci