• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Choose Wisely - New Gametype Idea

You like?

• OMG Yess!!!!! sounds awesome!

Votes: 9 25.7%
  • I'd rather play this than SG.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • sure

Votes: 12 34.3%
  • Hmm, I'd rather stick with JUST SG

Votes: 6 17.1%
  • I really don't care either way

Votes: 3 8.6%
  • no

Votes: 5 14.3%

• Total voters

carguy8

Experienced
Reaction score
Here's how it goes, everyone starts out each game with $50. They all spawn on a custom made map (I'm getting there) and the way they spawn is kind of like the survival games but more spread out. It is on hard mode, so players can starve to death. What they have to do is after being transported to the game there is a countdown. It is only 20 seconds. In that time they can buy stuff from a menu that could be accessed by typing [/p] for purchase.They can also buy stuff at any time they wish. This will bring up a menu of certain items, an iron sword for like $35, diamond sword for $45 iron chestpiece for $20, and stone sword for $20, and some food for prices about $5 an item, along with more armor and swords. The items will be coded from numbers 1-(etc) and to buy that item you type [/p (item's #)] You buy as much as you like, but you only have $50 so you can't buy everything on the menu. This is good because you take risks; you don't know if someone will camp and you'll need food to search for them, or if it will only last 5 minutes and whoever blows everything on the diamond sword wins. This game would require thought and strategy. Remember there aren't any chest and there wouldn't be animal spawns. Also, anyone alive at nightfall would get like $15 more dollars for food or better gear. The games would last maximum 40 minutes. Tell me what you think and reply with suggestions. Also click the poll!

EDIT: More cleanly generalized version, just less descriptive.
Ok, so picture an above view of the survival games. Now change that arena so there aren't chests and that ring in which people spawn is now widened greatly, to the point where you can't see the person next to you. Everyone has $50 (picture that economy plugin that regular servers use.) While you're waiting for the game to start, which only takes 20 seconds, you can type in a command like /p or something to see a list of items you can buy. The list of items would look like this:
1-Bread:$5
2-stone sword:$15
3-chestplate:$12
4-iron sword:$20

Then you type /p (the number of the item you want to buy) then it appears in your inventory. You only have $50 so choose your items wisely. Then you fight to the death. Deathmatch still applies, and in place of chest refills everyone gets $15 more (or so.) This game requires critical thinking and strategy, which is something that the majority of this community has. That's why I think people would like it.
Did that help?

carguy8

Experienced
Reaction score
I'd really appreciate feedback from survival games staff too! Also, donator perks would be easy: just give them more money to start with!
Ex:
Iron: $60
Gold: $70
Diamond: $85

carguy8

Experienced
Reaction score
I dont get what this is..
Ok, so picture an above view of the survival games. Now change that arena so there aren't chests and that ring in which people spawn is now widened greatly, to the point where you can't see the person next to you. Everyone has $50 (picture that economy plugin that regular servers use.) While you're waiting for the game to start, which only takes 20 seconds, you can type in a command like /p or something to see a list of items you can buy. The list of items would look like this:
1-Bread:$5
2-stone sword:$15
3-chestplate:$12
4-iron sword:$20

Then you type /p (the number of the item you want to buy) then it appears in your inventory. You only have $50 so choose your items wisely. Then you fight to the death. Deathmatch still applies, and in place of chest refills everyone gets $15 more (or so.) This game requires critical thinking and strategy, which is something that the majority of this community has. That's why I think people would like it.
Did that help?

kaiomann

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
Sounds interesting :D I would definately try it :) But would you be allowed to break and place blocks?

carguy8

Experienced
Reaction score
Good idea. just needs to be worked on a little. Still I see the person who buys the diamond sword will win.
It would be on hard mode, and the diamond sword would take up ALL your money, so your food bar would Go down quickly. If you have no food, you won't win unless there's a mad rush or you somehow know where everyone was

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci