• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Chest Update: Must stay

Should the Update be Pushed to all servers

• Total voters

Vaangel

District 13
Reaction score
I see what you're saying about the "MinecraftSurvivalGames" title relating to the game having to be about surviving, and I guess that much is true. But I must contest your comment, I know that it is based on surviving but lately that game has majorly changed to a more PvP based game and the majority of new players are now used to that and no one seems to be complaining. I think a major change may involve a bit of hate coming from the newer players.
I reckon that the best approach (Yes I am about the reference RuneScape) is to do what RuneScape has done which was creating a separate server for the older players, so that they can enjoy the good old ways of OldSchoolRuneScape, which personally I loved! Maybe we can do the same and create separate OldSchoolMCSG (Or whatever name suits best..) servers so that people can enjoy the harder more Survival based side of it, whilst still having the option of the current MCSG.
The biggest 'HG Server Networks' have all got different plugins to make their games as unique from others as possible, PvP and survival- wise. MCSG was more focused on survival during the BETA, now it's more based of PvP and quick games. Hypixel has got its own special features and so has The Hive. They're all different from each other. The only problem I see with the actual games on MCSG is that the chests are too filled with food and weapons, making it much more PvP- based than it used to be. If MCSG wants to be as unique as possible from other server networks, than it should make the game more based of survival and luck than of PvP.

I am sorry if this whole post seems very fuzzy, I am a little tired at the moment.

Gustyy

Platinum
Reaction score
Thanks for making this! It's exactly what I think too! :)

Jepp

Career
Reaction score
Personally I don't like it I prefer the PvP of MCSG. So I think it should be kept to some servers (100-150?) and keep 1-100 before the update :)

Virtual

District 13
Reaction score
Personally I don't like it I prefer the PvP of MCSG. So I think it should be kept to some servers (100-150?) and keep 1-100 before the update :)
Or keep 1-100 with the chest update and 100-200 without the update. c:

mr_pendle

Diamond
Reaction score
It seems good so far! Just a question though, the chest on teweran where you have to block glitch glass is that allowed now, because I did it, (blame bowser sign) and it was tier 3. I.got dia boots + helm + 3xp bottles + crafting table. Also on valleyside, as mentioned before someone had unlimited tnt! I still killed them but I hope this is fixed soon as much too op?

Assasinator25

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
I don't wanna sound like a nub, but I really prefer the more PvP aspect of the game not necessarily the surviving part, I stress way to much if I don't have food and that leads to me not enjoying the game.
Also seeming as the community is growing, and a lot of players have joined during the PvP aspect of mcsg, maybe pushing this forward to every server would be a bad idea. I believe that keeping it on a few servers is just fine, so people can choose what side whether it be the PvP side or survival side.
The PVP is really fun allthough i joined in beta i never really liked starving to death i just hope it's not too much survival though

AlLuc

Career
Reaction score
It was so fun.
I actually was having a tough time rather then full iron by DM I got 75% leather with a gold cap.
It was a challenge for once. :D

Gustav Mahikano

Diamond
Reaction score
In eu we only have 150 ;-; But that sound good aswell
'Only 150'. Au has like 25, I think As has 12....xD

Anyway, I think the update is awesome; there are some flaws to it, but I'm so happy they're bringing back the survival in 'The Survival Games'. I'd have to agree with what Theoretical said in his thread and say that disregarding all the little things, the tier 3's are a little OP and the TNT seem kind of pointless, as FNS are a much more effective pvp weapon, are easier to use, have more durability and are more common, yet TNT are only found in Tier 3's despite not being as good. Alongside that, the tier 2's should probably have slightly better gear as well, but all in all, I'm happy. It IS a beta and it can only get better; I appreciate the work the devs have done so much more.

Huahwi

Diamond
Reaction score
With less sticks in chests now... sticks are more valuable. Crafting bows and fishing rods costs 3 sticks each. Might as well make arrows since you can find bows and fishing rod commonly in tier 1 chests. This chest update beta has flaws. They should just take out strings. With the addition of Tier 3 in this chest update beta, it makes the game really unbalanced.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci