• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Buckets!

Buckets good idea?

• Yes

Votes: 7 58.3%
  • No

Votes: 5 41.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

HalfSquirrel

Diamond
Reaction score
I don't think lava or water should be placable. The griefing/trolling effect would be much more common and very annoying. It would also be really unfair. I would like being able to pick up lava to remove some things from traps to get a chest (one of the houses) but then replacing could be used to grief, so it should just stay in the bucket.
Maybe if it could burn the player in the short second that lava stays on, then it might be slightly useful at least and might be worth a try.

GhostWolf2

Spectator
Reaction score
I think that I kinda agree with both of you. I think you should be able to pick up and place water, but only pick up lava. The lava placing would be too unfair, and you could burn things that weren't supposed to be burned. With water, it's not really that bad.

Ninja'd!
I wouldn't mind only having water (although the lava would be fun for combat, but the fire griefing would be significant). The picking up is already in for all things, so all they have to do is change the code that lets water be a placable block (if that is even possible, since ALL blocks are currently not placable, so it may just be a blanket coding statement and thus very difficult to fix code-wise).

HalfSquirrel

Diamond
Reaction score
Water is still bad, because you can place water to seriously delay someone. That would be really unfair. And it isn't repayed for in the speed of the water pushing you in the other direction.
Water can still be used as a trap at the cornucopia, they can put water near all the chests and make it too hard to get to any of the chests.

I stick with my opinion that neither should be place able, but you should be able to pick it up.

The_Soy_Man

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
Yeah and the player could just flood the spawn with infinite water. By the way, did they stop refilling chests?

HalfSquirrel

Diamond
Reaction score
No, there is a bug that stops them from filling sometimes. Has been reported and hopefully will be fixed soon.

HalfSquirrel

Diamond
Reaction score
Yes, we are arguing over water and lava pickup/place/both/neither.

cameron224

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
Its not too difficult. A server that i used to moderate had a custom plugin like that to prevent lava and water griefs. Also, dont be intimidated by a players post count. It doesnt give them any more power then you have. Just more free time on their hands. Proven by the 1000+ posts over the last month or so alone.

HalfSquirrel

Diamond
Reaction score
Its not too difficult. A server that i used to moderate had a custom plugin like that to prevent lava and water griefs. Also, dont be intimidated by a players post count. It doesnt give them any more power then you have. Just more free time on their hands. Proven by the 1000+ posts over the last month or so alone.
Well we should get that plugin :)
Who was intimidated by someone having a high post count?

Andrew Barber

Spectator
Reaction score
Thing is you can't pick up or place blocck so buckets would kinda be useless

HalfSquirrel

Diamond
Reaction score
The point is that they edit the plugin so that these are place-able. But we don't want it people to be able to place it because then they could grief and things like that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci