• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Bounty's seem pointless?

jlo_xyloto

Tribute
Reaction score
They should make it Double or Quits then. You bounty another player. You kill them, You get your stake and the points back, for example, bet 100, get 100 and your 100 back. You die, you lose the 100, this could be another feature, like "Rivals" or something, just thought the feature and concept has more to offer.

Ali

Mockingjay
Reaction score
Well I sponsor/Bounty so I don't know what u guys are talkin about.

Jon | Lqzer

Platinum
Reaction score
They should make it Double or Quits then. You bounty another player. You kill them, You get your stake and the points back, for example, bet 100, get 100 and your 100 back. You die, you lose the 100, this could be another feature, like "Rivals" or something, just thought the feature and concept has more to offer.
The problem with getting your points back plus the 100 is that you could easily bounty someone in leather and gain an extra 100 points for nothing. This would prevent obtaining tons of points unfairly.

Once you bounty, you lose the points automatically. Whoever kills the person gets the points bountied and only the points bountied.

To make it more of a risk, there would be something like you suggested:
If you decide you want the points back, you could try to kill the player. But, if they kill you (the person who bountied them) they earn the points because they killed the bountier. Plus, the bountier (you in this case) loses an extra 100 points (or however much you bountied). This gives the bountied player an incentive to go after the bountier. If, however, they win the game, they receive all points bountied on them.

Dunches

Tribute
Reaction score
I prefer throwing bounties at people, not lottery tickets.

Dunches

Tribute
Reaction score

In case that was unclear, my point is that I'd much rather put bounties on people (as a spectator, give my points away to whoever kills the person I put a bounty on), than have this be some sort of lottery system where I bet an amount of points on a person I can easily kill, just to double my points.

Jon | Lqzer

Platinum
Reaction score
In case that was unclear, my point is that I'd much rather put bounties on people (as a spectator, give my points away to whoever kills the person I put a bounty on), than have this be some sort of lottery system where I bet an amount of points on a person I can easily kill, just to double my points.
o_O I said no doubling points. Read my post!

Ali

Mockingjay
Reaction score
Sponsoring is giving players items. Bountying is a recent addition where you bet points on players.
i know that 'Im not dum, I've been playing mcsg beta 1 :p

Dunches

Tribute
Reaction score
o_O I said no doubling points. Read my post!

My post didn't have a quote in it, which means I wasn't actually directing my post towards anyone or anyones post. My post was just speaking out to everyone, not you. And in this case, it was about the entire concept of getting double points. kthxbai

FuSioN

Diamond
Reaction score
It should be like a gambling system,say there's 4 players left, and I think I can kill someone before anyone else does, then I could gamble 100 of my points to try and win 200
Sorry but this could be way too easily abused. Let's say you're approaching a player with absolutely nothing and you know you will win the fight. You immediately bounty all of your points on the player, 1200 to be exact. You kill the player, and WOW, now you have 2400 points for killing someone who didn't even have a weapon.

No just no.

jlo_xyloto

Tribute
Reaction score
Okay, in hindsight there are problems, however there are problems with any idea. If it could be worked on and navigated correctly, the concept could be very dynamic and make MCSG stand out in another way.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci