• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Bounty's seem pointless?

jlo_xyloto

Tribute
Reaction score
I've been wanting the bounty system back for a while, but the fact only spectators can place them. We should be able to place them as players, as then we can get something out of placing them except revenge. It should be like a gambling system,say there's 4 players left, and I think I can kill someone before anyone else does, then I could gamble 100 of my points to try and win 200 ,the opponent could see this and even put a bounty of a bigger amount on my head! This would make games and fights really important, and really dramatic if people went "All-In" with every point they have to risk winning double. I think that'd be an amazing improvement to the servers, pro's would have to play even harder, and massive changes would always be happening, every player would have an opportunity to steal peoples bounties and claim the points for themselves! Spectators aren't even that involved and this version is a waste of the amazing concept of bounties. Players should be allowed to bounty each other.

jlo_xyloto

Tribute
Reaction score
Because that'd make it a million times better, that's why, players and spectators should be able to bounty, simple as:)

VeeZa

District 13
Reaction score
Because that'd make it a million times better, that's why, players and spectators should be able to bounty, simple as:)
Players shouldn't be able to bounty, they could give points to their friends and it wouldn't be legit. Only spectators should be able to place bounty.

jlo_xyloto

Tribute
Reaction score
Spectators can do exactly the same to benefit their mates so your point makes no sense.

Dunches

Tribute
Reaction score
No.. People would just hit someone a lot, put a huge bounty, and then kill them with a single arrow.
And besides that, it gives no sense for tributes to be able to put bounties on someone. From Wikipedia: A bounty (from Latin bonitās, goodness) is a payment or reward often offered by a group as an incentive for the accomplishment of a task by someone usually not associated with the group.

VeeZa

District 13
Reaction score
Spectators can do exactly the same to benefit their mates so your point makes no sense.
It does actually, if I were to place bounty on my friend while we were not spectators and we were in deathamtch and I let him kill me he'd get all the points. If I were a spectator and placed bounty on my friend who is in-game there is no guarantee that he will win.

jlo_xyloto

Tribute
Reaction score
if you were a spectator and your mate was in dmatch and he out-geared them , you could put points on the other and your mate would kill them and get them. you could do this before he killed any opponent near to him. So either way people could take advantage of it.

VeeZa

District 13
Reaction score
if you were a spectator and your mate was in dmatch and he out-geared them , you could put points on the other and your mate would kill them and get them. you could do this before he killed any opponent near to him. So either way people could take advantage of it.
You're right but it would be easier to take advantage of it with your idea rather then the way it is now.

jlo_xyloto

Tribute
Reaction score
No.. People would just hit someone a lot, put a huge bounty, and then kill them with a single arrow.
And besides that, it gives no sense for tributes to be able to put bounties on someone. From Wikipedia: A bounty (from Latin bonitās, goodness) is a payment or reward often offered by a group as an incentive for the accomplishment of a task by someone usually not associated with the group.
Sorry that the Wikipedia definition of everything determines what it's like in Minecraft. Let me just Wiki Diamond Sword and see what they look like in real life...

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci