• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Block Hitting Technique

Alloy

Experienced
Reaction score
So, recently I have been using the block-hitting technique, and it has been working wonders for me, i find that even people with better swords, armour etc... you can defeat with the Block Hitting technique. When i started using this method i wasn't very good at it and was simply over-powered by others who weren't using it. But after practising it a lot.... I think that i have become quite good at it. Essentially it is just mashing the left and right mouse buttons in quick succession, by doing this you are basically creating a mini bubble between you and your opponent, it is basically like this if you master this method.

Your opponents damage each hit: 1
Your damage each hit: 2

I think this is a great method and think that more people should master it, if you are trying to become better at the game. Just ask ThatoneTomahawk.

Daniel :)

NewieLordArbiter

Experienced
Reaction score
Block-hitting doesn't really need to be mastered :/. Block-hitting is just spamming your left and right click while aiming at your enemy. After personal experience with block-hitting I find that as long as you're half good at strafing you can easily kill your opponent no matter how little damage you do. Plus, a fishing rod stun + strafe = block hitter has no chance :p.

Pixelatorx2

Platinum
Reaction score
Or how about, You just dont do it. Block Hitting is for people who cant PVP and need a bug to help them. I personally can beat a block hitter. Its easy. Strafe. Block hitters are slow, so that cant counter your strafe. And If you REALLY want to beat them, run behind them while they are attacking you.

qwErtyVAsdfghN

Diamond
Reaction score
Or how about, You just dont do it. Block Hitting is for people who cant PVP and need a bug to help them. I personally can beat a block hitter. Its easy. Strafe. Block hitters are slow, so that cant counter your strafe. And If you REALLY want to beat them, run behind them while they are attacking you.
Debateable.
Block hitting is not a bug. I don't even know where you got that from. When somebody block hits, it is not usually what they always do. I block hit when i am in an enclosed space, such as a hallway. This way, my opponent doesn't have a movement advantage. However, in an open space such as a field, I strafe.

Yomega

Career
Reaction score
Don't block hit. Not that it is bad and I do it, but this could happen D;
2013-07-08_20.22.38.png

Theoretical

District 13
Reaction score

Block-Hitting is for people who can't PvP? The last time I played I won 30 games in a day; and I block hit all the time. (Currently on vacation right now.) Block-Hitting is an amazing strategy, if done right. So many people these days do it in the wrong moments. You should block hit when backed up against a wall with nowhere to go, and in a tight area, this way there is no way to "strafe". That's probably the reason your beating block-hitters, because they are doing it in inappropriate times--because really you should never block-hit when someone has the ability to get behind you.

Also a question, if block-hitting is so bad why do people such as ThatOneTomahawk Sleivert @Me do it? And why were/are they successful?

Theoretical

District 13
Reaction score
Block-hitting doesn't really need to be mastered :/. Block-hitting is just spamming your left and right click while aiming at your enemy. After personal experience with block-hitting I find that as long as you're half good at strafing you can easily kill your opponent no matter how little damage you do. Plus, a fishing rod stun + strafe = block hitter has no chance :p.
that's assuming you block hit almost every fight and during the fight you just block hit.

Alloy

Experienced
Reaction score
The only reason i could fathom for something like this is, you have been beaten by a block hitter, you have failed at block hitting, It's a fool-proof method with enough practise.

darkai202

Mockingjay
Reaction score
Block hitting, strafing and using a fishing rod are simple techniques in my opinion. The 'basics' of PvP. It goes so far beyond there, it's amazing what you can do in combat. :p

Alloy

Experienced
Reaction score
Block hitting, strafing and using a fishing rod are simple techniques in my opinion. The 'basics' of PvP. It goes so far beyond there, it's amazing what you can do in combat. :p
Narwhal, please enlighten us in the ways of 'expert' PvP.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci