• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Best mod to have installed while playing MCSG?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tyco

Career
Reaction score
Hey, I was just wondering what some people's favourite mods would be while playing MCSG (Legal of coarse, no Better Sprinting, Nodus, etc.) Personally I would have to say the Better Animations mod. It makes everything look just so sexy. If I could run it shaders would probably be my favourite. What's your favourite? It would help me and others improve their MCSG experience.

MJM239

District 13
Reaction score
OptiFine is a must-have if you want to do good in MCSG.

Lucidictive

Diamond
Reaction score
If you're good at the game, you don't need any mods.

However, OptiFine is a nice companion to have.

WitheredGold

Platinum
Reaction score
I love running optifine and shaders, they make everything beautiful. Some excess things are macro mod

Venkin

Career
Reaction score
If you're good at the game, you don't need any mods.

However, OptiFine is a nice companion to have.
Optifine gives you the zom and lagfree advantage, if you got 8 fps and you are good in pvp youll lose against the biggest noob, so you need mods :p also its extremely practically that you can zoom, for example to look which sword your enemy has ;)

Lucidictive

Diamond
Reaction score
Optifine gives you the zom and lagfree advantage, if you got 8 fps and you are good in pvp youll lose against the biggest noob, so you need mods :p also its extremely practically that you can zoom, for example to look which sword your enemy has ;)
There's that word. Advantage. I've pondered about this quite a bit. They say that you should download Optifine because it gives you an advantage. The irony in this, is that mods like BSM and clients we deem as 'hack clients' (such as Nodus) give us an advantage. An advantage, that not every player has access to because either
1). They don't understand the installation process
2). They don't want it, they want to play legit.
Here's the problem. Lets say your in a game, you're trying to shoot someone at corn on SG4 from the top of the apartments/large building with lava trap in it. With OptiFine, you will have a much clearer shot on the enemy. Without this mod, you are put at quite the disadvantage. The same goes with ForceField. If you use it, your going to kill a lot of people, if you don't your put at a disadvantage. It's a simple comparison. They both give you advantages that weren't in the actual vanilla game.

Do you see what I'm getting at?

darkai202

Mockingjay
Reaction score
There's that word. Advantage. I've pondered about this quite a bit. They say that you should download Optifine because it gives you an advantage. The irony in this, is that mods like BSM and clients we deem as 'hack clients' (such as Nodus) give us an advantage. An advantage, that not every player has access to because either
1). They don't understand the installation process
2). They don't want it, they want to play legit.
Here's the problem. Lets say your in a game, you're trying to shoot someone at corn on SG4 from the top of the apartments/large building with lava trap in it. With OptiFine, you will have a much clearer shot on the enemy. Without this mod, you are put at quite the disadvantage. The same goes with ForceField. If you use it, your going to kill a lot of people, if you don't your put at a disadvantage. It's a simple comparison. They both give you advantages that weren't in the actual vanilla game.

Do you see what I'm getting at?
But unlike Nodus Optifine gives you an 'advantage' which actually allows you to play the game. Some people with terrible computers can't play at all, hence needing optifine.

Also, how is optifine an advantage for people with computers that can run minecraft? Optifine is just generally for worse computers to increase FPS.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci