• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Best KILL ever ? #unexpected Fire

Photosynthesis

Platinum
Reaction score
Then don't make the assumption that others can.

I don't consider myself one of the best players, and no one has ever successfully unexpected fired me before.
Why shouldn't I? What I'm saying is that it's possible to do it to anyone; they may drop their guard or you could trick them into talking into the fire.
To say that it does not work on 'good players' is the statement that should be scrutinised - there is always the possibility of pulling it off, to rule that out is ridiculous.

In response to your experiences with the move, it's not a particularly well know or used move, and I'm sure by the laws of chance that it would happen to you sometime should everyone you chase know of it.

Reaction score
If you have good internet you can easily just run around and flint and steel somebody really quickly, it works as good as the unexpected fire trick. There's also a new fire trick that only I do because it's my trick xD I dunno if I should post it or not, a few have seen it when they've spectated me :3
Edit with the big words XD

UnstoppableMCSG

Spectator
Reaction score
Stop arguing now guys, it is clear that it could work on some better players, like demonstrated in the video, but as people said it is usually quite obvious to see when people are trying to do it. It only ever usually works if they are right behind you, so then they don't have much time to react to it, however, if someone tries to do it to me, I usually can just hit them straight into it, as I can see it coming.

MJM239

District 13
Reaction score
The player he killed is actually a fairly notable player, so far all of you that are saying " this doesn't work on more skilled players," it does in some cases.
Yes, strategies like this are called "Ninjas" and are quite common in other FPS games. These moves are seriously off-throwing and even if you are pretty good, can still get you all of the damn time no matter your skill. The only issue is, is that these kinds of things only work (unless you're seriously good at it) if the enemy has his guard down and has no knowledge of you using that move before hand.

Take Halo for example: A player that has his back to an enemy, can assassinate (a punch to the back which equals a one-hit-kill) the enemy by getting on a ledge, jumping backwards, and whilst the enemy is seriously confused, punch that enemy right in the buttox in half a second.

Inventing that in Minecraft though, since you can't even jump that high, is pretty impressive and that's one nice kill showcased in the video.

Exodus

Diamond
Reaction score
I've fought against the best Flint and Steelers in MCSG
beat em of course
but no good flint and steelers (or pvpers for that fact) use this trick, it worked when it was unknown, but now it is just added to the list of expected moves with fire.
Get creative people

chockadlad

District 13
Reaction score
I've fought against the best Flint and Steelers in MCSG
beat em of course
but no good flint and steelers (or pvpers for that fact) use this trick, it worked when it was unknown, but now it is just added to the list of expected moves with fire.
Get creative people
Meh, I'd say every "trick" has its time and place.

Linkdude1997

Platinum
Reaction score
Unexpected fire works 99.9% of the time. I've used it on multiple great PvPers such as linkdude and others as well. The only time it doesn't work is when the person behind you is constantly fishing roding you or when the person behind you is constantly swinging his weapon
Heh, I've actually never fallen for unexpected fire. Although I do remember you specifically trying to get me with it. (And you almost succeeded, but not quite.) xD It's a good technique, and definitely could be used against talented players if executed correctly.

Native

District 13
Reaction score
Heh, I've actually never fallen for unexpected fire. Although I do remember you specifically trying to get me with it. (And you almost succeeded, but not quite.) xD It's a good technique, and definitely could be used against talented players if executed correctly.
I swear I got you once :p

Native

District 13
Reaction score
Eh, maybe you did. I guess I was just being a derp when I ran into it then. xD It really isn't that hard to dodge if you're paying attention.
Haha you probably were :p But I don't make it obvious. I don't f5 when I do it. I do it in full motion.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci