• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Best Generation Of Pokémon?

What's best Generation?

• 1st Kanto

Votes: 11 36.7%
  • 2nd Johto

Votes: 11 36.7%
  • 3rd Hoenn

Votes: 16 53.3%
  • 4th Sinnoh

Votes: 7 23.3%
  • 5th Unova

Votes: 3 10.0%
  • 6th Kalos

Votes: 5 16.7%
  • Pokemon iz 4 nubz >:)

Votes: 2 6.7%

• Total voters

DeformedChild

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
First and third. Kanto is just a flat-out classic, and I really like Hoenn for some reason, possibly because Emerald was my favourite Pokemon game.

TheRealAussie

District 13
Reaction score
1st, end of story.
As far as pure nostalgia goes, sure Gen 1 is the best (Also the music was pretty badass).

But as far as Red, Blue, and Yellow, those games are unbelievable dated. They are quite possibly the most broken games I have played. Psychic types were INCREDIBLY overpowered, having almost no weakness. Gen 2 fixed this my adding Dark and Steel types. Also, there were WAY too many glitches in that game. Sure I "Like" Gen 1, but it is probably the worst Gen IMO.

DeformedChild

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
As far as pure nostalgia goes, sure Gen 1 is the best (Also the music was pretty badass).

But as far as Red, Blue, and Yellow, those games are unbelievable dated. They are quite possibly the most broken games I have played. Psychic types were INCREDIBLY overpowered, having almost no weakness. Gen 2 fixed this my adding Dark and Steel types. Also, there were WAY too many glitches in that game. Sure I "Like" Gen 1, but it is probably the worst Gen IMO.
It's really only good for Fire Red/Leaf Green.

TheRealAussie

District 13
Reaction score
Might as well give you my opinion of all the Gens while I am at it

GEN 1: Introduced us to the game of Pokemon. It started the whole Pokemon franchise. The crime organization is Team Rocket, and some of the most iconic Pokemon are in this Gen. However, due to broken types, glitches, and mechanics (Special Attack and Special Defense were combined into one stat), I can't really enjoy this game.

GEN 2: Pokemon Gold was the first game I ever played. My favorite part was being able to go back to the Kanto Region and fight the old Gym Leaders. This game introduced Shinies and split the Special stats. Team Rocket is back again in this Gen to cause more trouble. I still go back to this Gen constantly. One of the best Gens IMO

Gen 3: One of my favorite games of all time. The story was the best I have seen so far, and the graphics were fricken amazing at that time. It also gave us a remake of the first Gen in the form of FireRed and Leafgreen. The only problem I have with this game is that whether a move is a Special Attack or an Attack is determined on the type of the move, not just the move itself. I can look past this, however, and I still consider it to be my favorite Gen. (Plus all the good ROM hacks are Gen 3)

Gen 4: I call this game the Game of New Mechanics. It made all attacking moves either a Special Attack or an Attack, and also added some more mechanics. This is one of the main reasons I love this Gen so much. Quite honestly, I am not a huge fan of Diamond, Pearl, and Platinum (Despite the legendaries being awesome). I love this Gen for Heart Gold and Soul Silver. It is my favorite remake of a Pokemon game so far. Other than that, I don't have that huge of an opinion on it. It is the Gen I have played the least (Behind Gen 1). I still like it, just not as much as the others.

Gen 5: A huge step back. Sure the battle animations were great, but it doesn't make up for the other problems it has. First, it make TM's reusable. This could be a plus or a minus for some people, but for me, it was a minus. It took away the hard decision making process it took to give the right TM to the right Pokemon. Second, the after-story is horrible. There is barely anything to do after you beat the game besides re-battle the Elite 4. I don't replay this Gen a whole lot, but despite this, I still think it is an OK game.

Gen 6: I have yet to play this Gen, but when I do, I will make a review about it in another thread. So far, it looks amazing.

Burtry

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
Might as well give you my opinion of all the Gens while I am at it

GEN 1: Introduced us to the game of Pokemon. It started the whole Pokemon franchise. The crime organization is Team Rocket, and some of the most iconic Pokemon are in this Gen. However, due to broken types, glitches, and mechanics (Special Attack and Special Defense were combined into one stat), I can't really enjoy this game.

GEN 2: Pokemon Gold was the first game I ever played. My favorite part was being able to go back to the Kanto Region and fight the old Gym Leaders. This game introduced Shinies and split the Special stats. Team Rocket is back again in this Gen to cause more trouble. I still go back to this Gen constantly. One of the best Gens IMO

Gen 3: One of my favorite games of all time. The story was the best I have seen so far, and the graphics were fricken amazing at that time. It also gave us a remake of the first Gen in the form of FireRed and Leafgreen. The only problem I have with this game is that whether a move is a Special Attack or an Attack is determined on the type of the move, not just the move itself. I can look past this, however, and I still consider it to be my favorite Gen. (Plus all the good ROM hacks are Gen 3)

Gen 4: I call this game the Game of New Mechanics. It made all attacking moves either a Special Attack or an Attack, and also added some more mechanics. This is one of the main reasons I love this Gen so much. Quite honestly, I am not a huge fan of Diamond, Pearl, and Platinum (Despite the legendaries being awesome). I love this Gen for Heart Gold and Soul Silver. It is my favorite remake of a Pokemon game so far. Other than that, I don't have that huge of an opinion on it. It is the Gen I have played the least (Behind Gen 1). I still like it, just not as much as the others.

Gen 5: A huge step back. Sure the battle animations were great, but it doesn't make up for the other problems it has. First, it make TM's reusable. This could be a plus or a minus for some people, but for me, it was a minus. It took away the hard decision making process it took to give the right TM to the right Pokemon. Second, the after-story is horrible. There is barely anything to do after you beat the game besides re-battle the Elite 4. I don't replay this Gen a whole lot, but despite this, I still think it is an OK game.

Gen 6: I have yet to play this Gen, but when I do, I will make a review about it in another thread. So far, it looks amazing.
Gen 1: I agree with you but the story line is crappy. 95% of the Pokemon are crappy and the only reason people like 'em is for the nostalgia factor. Sandslash, Vileplume, Victrebel, Starmie, Wigglytuff, Alakazam and Gengar are the only decent Pokemon from 1st gen.
Gen 2: I like it's Pokemon but like Gen 1 the story line was crappy.
Gen 3: Story line was okay, the Pokemon are okay, R/S weren't that fun IMO. Emerald was amazing and so was FR/LG
Gen 4: This is my favorite gen also it was my first. D/P's storyline was meh and the battles took too long. Platinum's story line was amazing! Also there isn't a single Pokemon from 4th Gen I don't like! They were all AMAZING...
Gen 5: I agree with you to some point, TM's are infinite because it helps when you are training a Pokemon for competitive play. B/W were okay (Far superior than gen 1) B2/W2 WERE SO GOOD OMG I LOVED THEM SO MUCH!!
Gen 6: IT'S AMAZING! Now, it's not my favorite Gen yet...but I must admit X and Y are the best Pokemon games out to date.

RC_4777

Mockingjay
Reaction score
Gen 1: I agree with you but the story line is crappy. 95% of the Pokemon are crappy and the only reason people like 'em is for the nostalgia factor. Sandslash, Vileplume, Victrebel, Starmie, Wigglytuff, Alakazam and Gengar are the only decent Pokemon from 1st gen.
Gen 2: I like it's Pokemon but like Gen 1 the story line was crappy.
Gen 3: Story line was okay, the Pokemon are okay, R/S weren't that fun IMO. Emerald was amazing and so was FR/LG
Gen 4: This is my favorite gen also it was my first. D/P's storyline was meh and the battles took too long. Platinum's story line was amazing! Also there isn't a single Pokemon from 4th Gen I don't like! They were all AMAZING...
Gen 5: I agree with you to some point, TM's are infinite because it helps when you are training a Pokemon for competitive play. B/W were okay (Far superior than gen 1) B2/W2 WERE SO GOOD OMG I LOVED THEM SO MUCH!!
Gen 6: IT'S AMAZING! Now, it's not my favorite Gen yet...but I must admit X and Y are the best Pokemon games out to date.
I think you're a little overly critical on Gen 1. There's more good pokemon than that.

Burtry

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
I think you're a little overly critical on Gen 1. There's more good pokemon than that.
Yeah, you're right just couldn't think of any...those are just my go to favorite Gen 1 Pokemon...I forgot about Farfetch'd and Vulpix, and Arcanine ;3

ToeKnee

District 13
Reaction score
Yeah, you're right just couldn't think of any...those are just my go to favorite Gen 1 Pokemon...I forgot about Farfetch'd and Vulpix, and Arcanine ;3
COUGH DRAGONITE

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci