• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Battle Royale style (The movie)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Like Shaun said, Too long; didn't read. In other words, you glanced at his post, saw that it said 'give people items at the start,' and concluded that it was a bad idea.
Yes, thank you :)

It's not as though I came on and mindlessly said "MOAR ITEMS PLZ!" :p
I put thought into that ^_^ I know how easily things can break the gameplay and how OP or ridiculous suggestions can be, so I made one that's genuinely realistic lol.

HalfSquirrel

Diamond
Reaction score
Like Shaun said, Too long; didn't read. In other words, you glanced at his post, saw that it said 'give people items at the start,' and concluded that it was a bad idea.
Ok fine maybe I did :p But I still disagree. People would wait until this 'reverse grace period' is over and then go kill people. Getting a sword at the start makes me do a completely different strategy instead of the normal way I do it. Also, getting a sword from a random beginning item would give me another strategy option and I would probably do something like hide in the trees, wait for everyone to leave except a couple campers, and then easy kill. It just doesn't seem like survival games like that. Maybe if it was always some sort of food or bone (on first map) or item that cant be used to do much damage would be ok.

Reaction score
Ok fine maybe I did :p But I still disagree. People would wait until this 'reverse grace period' is over and then go kill people. Getting a sword at the start makes me do a completely different strategy instead of the normal way I do it. Also, getting a sword from a random beginning item would give me another strategy option and I would probably do something like hide in the trees, wait for everyone to leave except a couple campers, and then easy kill. It just doesn't seem like survival games like that. Maybe if it was always some sort of food or bone (on first map) or item that cant be used to do much damage would be ok.
People don't wait to kill people anyway... So waiting until the grace period is over (by which time people will have items they've randomly found already) isn't changing the whole game, yet again.
If you find a sword in a chest you'd play different. If you were given a sword as your backpack item you'd play different..... HOW is that changing the game if you'd react the same? o.o

It gives n00bs (including me of course :p) a chance to even MAYBE put up a better defence. Or at least get a piece of food and not starve to death before eventually managing to find an unlooted chest. There are only so many ways you can play one map, this expands the selection a bit imo without rewriting or breaking the game.

Everything you described already happens.

If it's always just a piece of food or something, you're just giving out food at the start not a random item from a collection o.o

HalfSquirrel

Diamond
Reaction score
People don't wait to kill people anyway... So waiting until the grace period is over (by which time people will have items they've randomly found already) isn't changing the whole game, yet again.
If you find a sword in a chest you'd play different. If you were given a sword as your backpack item you'd play different..... HOW is that changing the game if you'd react the same? o.o

It gives n00bs (including me of course :p) a chance to even MAYBE put up a better defence. Or at least get a piece of food and not starve to death before eventually managing to find an unlooted chest. There are only so many ways you can play one map, this expands the selection a bit imo without rewriting or breaking the game.

Everything you described already happens.

If it's always just a piece of food or something, you're just giving out food at the start not a random item from a collection o.o
Both things are different. I don't want to explain why they are different because that would give away my strategy, but if I randomly got a sword at the beginning I wouldn't need to get chests, I might also just run for the middle like always, then start killing people when they look in chests. By that time the grace period should be over or else it would just be too long and completely game changing. (About 5-10 seconds MAX!)
Anyways, I continue to disagree. Maybe it would be stupid to just get a piece of food at the beginning, but like you said, it's useful to noobs who can't find wander around trying to find chests.

Reaction score
Both things are different. I don't want to explain why they are different because that would give away my strategy, but if I randomly got a sword at the beginning I wouldn't need to get chests, I might also just run for the middle like always, then start killing people when they look in chests. By that time the grace period should be over or else it would just be too long and completely game changing. (About 5-10 seconds MAX!)
Anyways, I continue to disagree. Maybe it would be stupid to just get a piece of food at the beginning, but like you said, it's useful to noobs who can't find wander around trying to find chests.
Again you missed the grace period idea... Re-read instead of skimming please.
I said a REVERSE FORM of Grace Period where you won't get the items until so long into it and until this point you don't know what you're getting so you don't start with the knowledge you have a sword, so the start can have the same hectic rush OR people gambling they will get a decent item and wandering off into the wilderness.
There's no actual no damage Grace Period...

HalfSquirrel

Diamond
Reaction score
Again you missed the grace period idea... Re-read instead of skimming please.
I said a REVERSE FORM of Grace Period where you won't get the items until so long into it and until this point you don't know what you're getting so you don't start with the knowledge you have a sword, so the start can have the same hectic rush OR people gambling they will get a decent item and wandering off into the wilderness.
There's no actual no damage Grace Period...
Obviously I had the wrong definition of Grace Period. I'm just gonna say your idea is good until I start getting more definitions of Grade Period....

Reaction score
Well "Grace Period" normally refers to a section of time at the start where they take no damage, that's not what I was suggesting.

Basically I meant they don't get the random item straight away, they get it after a short period of time (long enough for the normal starting madness) and won't know what the item is until they get it.

So they don't instantly know they will get a sword (if they will) and certainly don't start with it. So starting tactics are still present.

HalfSquirrel

Diamond
Reaction score
Well "Grace Period" normally refers to a section of time at the start where they take no damage, that's not what I was suggesting.

Basically I meant they don't get the random item straight away, they get it after a short period of time (long enough for the normal starting madness) and won't know what the item is until they get it.

So they don't instantly know they will get a sword (if they will) and certainly don't start with it. So starting tactics are still present.
Ok then I like the idea. Sorry for raging/flaming/whatever you wanna call it. Maybe it can be done on a couple servers, but it would be really hard to make I'm sure.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci