• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Auto-join countering

BritishShoop

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
I never hacked though!
#FalseAccusationsMakeaMeFeelGoodAboutMyPvPskills!
Eh? No I meant that I am an ex-hacker!
And false accusations really annoy me
:p
I wouldn't throw a hackusation unless I was positive that they were hacking

Thedorkyd1

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
inconveivable I really like the idea but seeing as the autojoin mod itself is harder to install than nodus, and nodus comes with many more hacks. I think 95% of the community would choose nodus.

Thedorkyd1

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
I understand, but the 5% can be removed! We can kill as many hackers as we can! Can't we Forairan ChadTheDJ subv3rsion Antster360
There is no point in tagging them all here. Only 1 dev is necessary and he will deal with it. Also is it "that" big of a deal. You probably encounter someone using that exact mod once a day, maybe even once a week. It really won't affect you that much.

inconceivable81

Platinum
Reaction score
There is no point in tagging them all here. Only 1 dev is necessary and he will deal with it. Also is it "that" big of a deal. You probably encounter someone using that exact mod once a day, maybe even once a week. It really won't affect you that much.
Well, it is actually way more popular than you might think. I just realised that my friend, antsville12 has it, but I have no proof. Also, it isn't the hacks which annoy me, it is the wont o use them...

Blake

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
The thing is though, there is a chance someone is able to join the server that fast and they aren't hacking. It's still a risk that has to be taken in to account and can cause unfair bans. Otherwise this idea would be fine.

inconceivable81

Platinum
Reaction score
The thing is though, there is a chance someone is able to join the server that fast and they aren't hacking. It's still a risk that has to be taken in to account and can cause unfair bans. Otherwise this idea would be fine.
That's not what I meant... I meant that if in the logs, someone has a "Join Server" request every 0.75 seconds, say, 3 times, then that can't be fast joining, you simply can't send request that fast legit...

Blake

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
That's not what I meant... I meant that if in the logs, someone has a "Join Server" request every 0.75 seconds, say, 3 times, then that can't be fast joining, you simply can't send request that fast legit...
True but there is always a chance, I know it is really unlikely (really really unlikely), but there is still risk. One of my old friends always joined at the same second for about 5 games. He joined the exact moment it said 4:30 left in lobby (MCSGv1). So there is always a chance that someone with very good ping can connect at the same time multiple times.

Also Auto-Join is one of less threatening hacks so it isn't really a priority at the moment. Stuff like aimbot, forcefield and sprint hacks all need to be dealt with more than Auto-Join.

inconceivable81

Platinum
Reaction score
True but there is always a chance, I know it is really unlikely (really really unlikely), but there is still risk. One of my old friends always joined at the same second for about 5 games. He joined the exact moment it said 4:30 left in lobby (MCSGv1). So there is always a chance that someone with very good ping can connect at the same time multiple times.

Also Auto-Join is one of less threatening hacks so it isn't really a priority at the moment. Stuff like aimbot, forcefield and sprint hacks all need to be dealt with more than Auto-Join.
But most hackers have more than 1 hack.
Also, you still don't understand my point.
If this is the chat log, then this is what auto-join would be:
01/01/2013
00:00:75 bob tied to join EU2
00:01:50 bob tried to join EU2
00:02:25 bob tried to join EU2

Blake

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
But most hackers have more than 1 hack.
Also, you still don't understand my point.
If this is the chat log, then this is what auto-join would be:
01/01/2013
00:00:75 bob tied to join EU2
00:01:50 bob tried to join EU2
00:02:25 bob tried to join EU2
You don't understand my point, there is a risk, no matter what.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci