• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

An unban idea

Do you like the idea of having to buy an unban in MCSG?

• Old Spice is on a horse. (Yes)

Votes: 14 29.8%
  • Old Spice uses Axe Body Spray. (No)

Votes: 33 70.2%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Old_Spice_

Platinum
Reaction score
Hello everyone,

Today, I decided to browse around on some former servers I used to play and remembered on how they handled hackers, a bit different from how we handle them. If you were guilty of hacking on those servers, similar to MCSG, you would get banned by the mods or admins. However, the way of getting unbanned, I thought, was a neat idea:

If you were banned, then the only way to get unbanned would be to pay a $5 dollar fine the first time, $15 the second time, and then you can't buy an unban.

So I'm suggesting that maybe we could do something similar here. If you get banned for hacking, and you post a ban appeal, you can get unbanned. But if you want to get back on MCSG, you have to:

First time: $5 Dollars
Second time: $10 Dollars
Third Time: You can't buy an unban.

The reason why I think this would be a good idea is that it would give a big shoutout to all the hackers to stop. If you hack and get banned, then maybe paying a bit of money for MCSG would teach a lesson. If you don't want to pay money, the hackers won't stay on anymore. Problem solved! :D

It would also be a good idea because it would make a bit more profit for MCSG for people who want to purchase an unban. We could use the money for plugins, more servers, etc.

It's an idea, but I want to hear what you guys think? Do you like the idea?

-Spice

BlitzCometITU

Diamond
Reaction score
Nah, you could just pay to hack, the increase of hackers would rise so much.

Turnip

District 13
Reaction score
Noooooooo. They have this on the Fridge. Basically, people will hack for as long as they can until banned 2 times, then stop forever. There are enough hackers as it is, this is basically calling for more.

Dusk

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
This is what I don't like about servers. The owners decide to do this, either to let people have second chances or they're too dumb to realize that they are earning money for this although they are putting their servers in risk of becoming a popular hacker attraction.

Theoretical

District 13
Reaction score
It's a clever idea, and certainly would help the servers. However may I already see a flaw.

This idea is kind of troubling. I don't know how many parents are going to be okay with paying for an "unban," when their child explains they were hacking on a "video-game." While it seems like a neat idea, I know some are kids going to be stuck with asking their parents--Thus, they wait the week and return to the servers avoiding confronting their parents or even paying. So while it might seem appealing, I'm unsure whether how much money we will actually make with this.

Also, is 5$ worth a week of MCSG? This is different for every person, and for most it's not.

Old_Spice_

Platinum
Reaction score
It's a clever idea, and certainly would help the servers. However may I already see a flaw.

This idea is kind of troubling. I don't know how many parents are going to be okay with paying for an "unban," when their child explains they were hacking on a "video-game." While it seems like a neat idea, I know some are kids going to be stuck with asking their parents--Thus, they wait the week and return to the servers avoiding confronting their parents or even paying. So while it might seem appealing, I'm unsure whether how much money we will actually make with this.

Also, is 5$ worth a week of MCSG? This is different for every person, and for most it's not.
I guess I see what you mean. :)

But just to clarify:
This is just for if you get permabanned, not just a week ban. Unless you want to wait out a permaban. :D

Theoretical

District 13
Reaction score
I guess I see what you mean. :)

But just to clarify:
This is just for if you get permabanned, not just a week ban. Unless you want to wait out a permaban. :D

If you're perma-banned, your perma-banned. Again however, who is going to explain to their parents, "I need money to get unbanned because I was hacking in a video-game?"

Old_Spice_

Platinum
Reaction score
What if you got falsely accused?
You do make a good point. But I think if you are falsey accused, the evidence must show quite a lot. I mean, I don't think you would be falsely accused for hacking when there is a video of you flying. :)

If you're perma-banned, your perma-banned. Again however, who is going to explain to their parents, "I need money to get unbanned because I was hacking in a video-game?"
Oh, I see. I guess I understand what you mean by that.
And I see what you mean by kids having to explain about hacking on Minecraft, it would create a mess. :)

Exodus

Diamond
Reaction score
You do make a good point. But I think if you are falsey accused, the evidence must show quite a lot. I mean, I don't think you would be falsely accused for hacking when there is a video of you flying. :)
There are/were some incidents where people were falsely accused of mods like BSM... so if you get banned, and the mods refuse to accept the evidence, you will have to switch servers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci