• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

An Alternative Voting System: Raffle Voting

What is your favorite voting system?

• Total voters
V

Viretine

Scenario:
24 randies join a server
23 diamond donors kick most of them.
92 votes are cast on the best map (Solar Frost)
1 vote is cast on the worst map (Holiday Resort)
The worst map wins (somehow)
23 diamond donors leave in Pre-Game
Randie wins!
That would be amazing.

AriSocrates

Diamond
Reaction score
Throughout all of MCSG's history, it has stuck to two main voting systems: Voting and randomization. They both have their pros and cons, but people have come to like voting more. However, voting has caused certain maps to be overplayed while others never get played at all. On the other hand, randomization frustrates players by forcing them to play votes that are not very well liked by anyone. Why not take an alternative? In raffle voting, players still get to vote for maps, but at the end of the lobby, each vote for each map is entered into a raffle so that the map with the most votes gets the best chance of being selected.

Example
1. Valleyside University: 7 votes (50% chance of being played)
2. Icarus: 2 votes (14.29% chance)
3. Fallen Colossi: 0 votes (0% chance)
4. Holiday Resort: 4 votes (28.57% chance)
5. Fortress Pyke: 1 vote (7.14% chance)

This is an excellent balance between randomization and voting. In randomization, there is no overplaying of maps and all maps get an equal chance.
In voting, certain maps get very overplayed and some maps never get well known. Some maps stay in the shadows forever, never getting the limelight, never having chest routes carved into their insides.

I realize that raffle voting could be frustrating if a map with one vote won when there were 14 votes cast, but it would be a good change overall.
I like this, but then if donors don't get the map they want played, most of them will leave, which will just increase the chances of non-donors being kicked overall.

Claps

Diamond
Reaction score
This is a superb idea. I can't see any immediate problems, besides the fact that it may be harder to implement than it seems and it may not take priority over other, more important additions.

RC_4777

Mockingjay
Reaction score
You, sir, are very clever! That sounds really freaking cool, and I'd love to at least give it a shot!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci