• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

An Alternative Voting System: Raffle Voting

What is your favorite voting system?

• Total voters

BitoBain

Career
Reaction score
Throughout all of MCSG's history, it has stuck to two main voting systems: Voting and randomization. They both have their pros and cons, but people have come to like voting more. However, voting has caused certain maps to be overplayed while others never get played at all. On the other hand, randomization frustrates players by forcing them to play votes that are not very well liked by anyone. Why not take an alternative? In raffle voting, players still get to vote for maps, but at the end of the lobby, each vote for each map is entered into a raffle so that the map with the most votes gets the best chance of being selected.

Example
1. Valleyside University: 7 votes (50% chance of being played)
2. Icarus: 2 votes (14.29% chance)
3. Fallen Colossi: 0 votes (0% chance)
4. Holiday Resort: 4 votes (28.57% chance)
5. Fortress Pyke: 1 vote (7.14% chance)

This is an excellent balance between randomization and voting. In randomization, there is no overplaying of maps and all maps get an equal chance.
In voting, certain maps get very overplayed and some maps never get well known. Some maps stay in the shadows forever, never getting the limelight, never having chest routes carved into their insides.

I realize that raffle voting could be frustrating if a map with one vote won when there were 14 votes cast, but it would be a good change overall.

Beardy

District 13
Reaction score
I love the idea, but I order the system we have now

Fletch

Career
Reaction score
I like this idea, but the only problem is that it may require a new plugin (which can lag out the server) or maybe just a plugin upgrade :)

Yin

Discord: prettyyinpink
Reaction score
I like this idea :)

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci