• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Allow mappers to set chest content

Status
Not open for further replies.

bart

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
Than you will know what is in the chests befor you open them. Also this will need a lot of coding.

hwracer

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
If you want to have the same content over and over again... go play on a noob Survival Games server. The chests on here have random items spawn.

Kanachi

Tribute
Reaction score
If you want to have the same content over and over again... go play on a noob Survival Games server. The chests on here have random items spawn.

No offence, but you obviously have not read my post... I've made it quite clear several times that I would not wish the chest content to be fix, it would instead be a random selection of items from a predetermined list. This would allow the mapper to determine the probability of certain items appearing in specific locations/chests and allow them to make locations where good skill and parkour are required potentially more rewarding, for example.

If anything i would say the totally random nature of the current system is more noob friendly. It does not reward you for your skill in reaching difficult locations and allows you to find awesome kit though dumb luck of the draw...

May i suggest you both read peoples posts and think around what you write before your fingers touch the keys. You will find that this will greatly increase the life span of your keyboard and rid the wider public of the resulting foolishness.

hwracer

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
No offence, but you obviously have not read my post... I've made it quite clear several times that I would not wish the chest content to be fix, it would instead be a random selection of items from a predetermined list. This would allow the mapper to determine the probability of certain items appearing in specific locations/chests and allow them to make locations where good skill and parkour are required potentially more rewarding, for example.

If anything i would say the totally random nature of the current system is more noob friendly. It does not reward you for your skill in reaching difficult locations and allows you to find awesome kit though dumb luck of the draw...

May i suggest you both read peoples posts and think around what you write before your fingers touch the keys. You will find that this will greatly increase the life span of your keyboard and rid the wider public of the resulting foolishness.
1. You type alot for something small
2. Your grammer is excellent
3. I didnt bother reading the whole post, cause im lazy.

Kanachi

Tribute
Reaction score
1. You type alot for something small
2. Your grammer is excellent
3. I didnt bother reading the whole post, cause im lazy.
I apologize for being an ass. Having to repeat the same point several times gets tiresome, but none the less I overreacted. I'm very sorry.

hwracer

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
I apologize for being an ass. Having to repeat the same point several times gets tiresome, but none the less I overreacted. I'm very sorry.
I forgot to add Number 4
4. :p

Kanachi

Tribute
Reaction score
I know how to read, except i didnt want to read all af Kanachi's posts ( aka: scroll up) xD
Valid point, I'm a waffler... I like to waffle. I waffle therefore I am. (anyone get the very weak reference?).

None the less I do it well, so up your reading speed or get ready to meet the sharp end of my witt! (In other words I drone on and on until you drown in tidal wave of extreme verboseness of my words)

Zergling50

Spectator
Reaction score
I do agree with what Kanachi is saying though to a degree. I find it annoying at times where it seems that the person who controls the center is guaranteed to win. I feel like there should be an incentive to explore this vast and beautiful map. It can be annoying when you scale a massive building only to get a chest that has a stick and some rotten meat. Not saying that the center SHOULDNT have advantages.. I understand that that is the point, but maybe make it possible for people to get decent enough stuff to overpower the center player if they explore and survive the outside area efficiently?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci