• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Admitting to Hacking in Chat

Status
Not open for further replies.

ChibiGoose

Platinum
Reaction score
I agree completely its ridiculous as most people who play mcsg don't know the itty gritty rule's such as this one.
Players are supposed to read the rules.. If they don't read them then they are likely to break a different one before they break this one.

ImFaqe

Diamond
Reaction score
It is unreasonable to be banned for 7-days, for admitting to hacking in chat. It can't be compared to "Shouting fire in a crowded theater", which actually causes panic in a public setting. There are worse things to say in the chat that you can't get banned for, but in this case, "admitting to hacks in chat", essentially, you are getting banned for lying in chat. It is clearly absurd. This is naturally a problem for everyone because not all users read the rules word for word. Think about the average age-group of this community. There are also unsaid rules that we publicly are not aware of. I first thought this rule was absurd when I first started playing on MCSG and a friend of mine was banned for 7-days because he typed "I hack" in the chat. This was on the second video I recorded on the MCSG servers. Till this day I still do not agree with it 100%. I understand why this rule is implemented to increase the safety of the users, but a 7-day ban is unreasonable. There are worse things you can do to receive a 7-day ban. Ninety percent of new users coming to play on the MCSG servers will never know of this rule. Something along the lines of 3-day ban is much more sensible.

This is my honest opinion of how I feel about this rule and what changes should be made to better the community.

May the odds be ever in your favor.
Well jeez for a friend your very good at blocking your old friends - ImFaqe - WHERE YOU AT - DITCHED YOUR PARTNER IN CRIME

Jockstah

Diamond
Reaction score
Please do not necro post on a thread, and for all people that will ask, yes it is still necro posting because it is not on topic any more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci