• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

A Problem with the Community

Does this ever happen to you?

• Yes

Votes: 6 75.0%
  • No

Votes: 2 25.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Fireworks

Platinum
Reaction score
This is why I try to avoid the teamspeak. There are nice people on there, but they're few and far between, and most of the time within the same channel as those who you've described. I just find it hard to have a decent conversation with someone on there without getting some sort of negative vibe from at least one person.

I also don't see this behavior limited to just the teamspeak, but across all of MCG's platforms. The in-game hub chat is filled with the same rude comments and arguments that are found on the forums, giving the same vibes as those on the teamspeak. Just about anywhere you go will have the typical toxicity.

I personally go by the rule "If you have nothing good to say, don't say it." I may have plenty of negative comments of plenty of people here (I'm human too, I'm not always positive), but I don't need to shove that opinion of mine in everyone's face. What does that accomplish besides put someone down? I hate being the bringer of negativity so I avoid just that.

However, everyone is different, and I don't except the majority of people here to change just from reading this thread alone. People might find enjoyment out of the misery of others, or want to showcase their toxicity, or whatever excuse they have to give such negative comments. They deem their words to be ok to say, and that's just what they believe in. Without some drastic change that would affect everyone opinion, I don't see these types of comments leaving our community in the near future.

Mamiamato24

Diamond
Reaction score
It's sort a long, read it if you want.
I'm too scared to even step into the McGamer teamspeak. Which is why I don't. However, the extent of this issue is much further than just teamspeak, and can relate with just communicating with people. I always hear the people I thought where my friends (on and offline) harassing other people with gay jokes, he's the squeaker, terrorist jokes, etc. I could never imagine myself offending people with such un-insightful remarks.

I remember something that happened at my school. I was in math class, and I saw two people arguing about something (one of them being Armenian). The other dude was harassing him about the Armenian genocide and how it "doesn't matter" and how "they deserved it", without even knowing that he lost family members in that tragic event.

I believe that the main issue is the fact that people just blurt out this crap unaware of what they are even saying. I couldn't care less about the people that just yell out random curse words since they have no relevance to the person, and therefore, they have no reason to care. Things take a turn for the worst once people start making insults about real phenomena (gay f*ggot, etc I don't know many) as well as real life events, without even taking a second to think about it.

Who's fault is it then? People might think that, obviously it's whoever blurts out these insults. However, this is not entirely the case. I believe it's partly due to the parents that tolerate hearing that kind of language, but more importantly, the environment in which these people are exposed to, both online and offline. They hear someone insult someone and the absorb all of the information and blurt it out at people who they don't like, again, without even examining what they are saying.

Unfortunately, I don't think there's anything we can really do about it. While we have moderators and administrators online, and counselors and authority figures in real life, this trend won't ever really stop, due partly to how lax these authority figures are but also due to their lack of power. There isn't much they can do to prevent people getting influenced by others. Online, while the moderators are strict enough, there simply won't ever be enough to shut down this trend. Even if there where, probably around 90 percent of McGamer's population would have dissipated.

Even people that seem nice on the outside, and that are nice to certain people, possess this ability to lash out at anybody they don't like.
"Wow u feeding gay f*ggot etc. etc. etc."
"U hacker u should have f**king die in 9/11 cuz ur a terrorist b*stard."
It matters, not like they care.

*sorry this is really long*

Girls

Platinum
Reaction score
Just getting this off my chest guys, it's a bit if a rant. Every time I try to meet someone new, this occurs. Teamspeak is by far the worst.

Firstly, there's an underwhelming amount of nice people. Underwhelming, you might ask. Everytime I try to talk to them, they're ridiculously rude. Life is hard when to you can't find new friends :p

Close to a year ago, I ran into this one issue. A friend of mine was telling some offensive jokes. Needless to say, me and some other people in the channel were rather offended. That's just one short example of many that I've experienced, but I think you get the point.

Many of you might be wondering what the big deal is? Especially because I can guarantee you guys are just like the friend I mentioned. Like, most of you looove your jokes that offend people all over. Try to really think about what you're laughing at next time.

Straight up, my least favorite kind of joke are those poking fun at 9/11. To those of you who do make those joke, I have to say f*** you. Each one could offend the person you're telling them to, no matter how calm and collected they can act. Ease up on them and people could think of you as a friendlier person. Likable people are the best people, that's what you want to be.

Because I sometimes tell those jokes too, I'll try to change as well. Even though I can't tell you what to do, I'd like you to think twice before you open your mouth. May you all be on your way to a kinder frame of mind. See you around, I hope I helped the community :)

Edit: Sorry about some if my grammar. I started this last night and didn't do any editing :/
i know the exact people you are talking about. now, most of them (from my experience) are all in public chat channels, so I do my best to avoid those.

then theres also the soundboarders on teamspeak, my personally least liked. those people who play the super loud sonic music all the time..

Dank420

Experienced
Reaction score
This is why I try to avoid the teamspeak. There are nice people on there, but they're few and far between, and most of the time within the same channel as those who you've described. I just find it hard to have a decent conversation with someone on there without getting some sort of negative vibe from at least one person.

I also don't see this behavior limited to just the teamspeak, but across all of MCG's platforms. The in-game hub chat is filled with the same rude comments and arguments that are found on the forums, giving the same vibes as those on the teamspeak. Just about anywhere you go will have the typical toxicity.

I personally go by the rule "If you have nothing good to say, don't say it." I may have plenty of negative comments of plenty of people here (I'm human too, I'm not always positive), but I don't need to shove that opinion of mine in everyone's face. What does that accomplish besides put someone down? I hate being the bringer of negativity so I avoid just that.

However, everyone is different, and I don't except the majority of people here to change just from reading this thread alone. People might find enjoyment out of the misery of others, or want to showcase their toxicity, or whatever excuse they have to give such negative comments. They deem their words to be ok to say, and that's just what they believe in. Without some drastic change that would affect everyone opinion, I don't see these types of comments leaving our community in the near future.
You didn't get the joke
i know the exact people you are talking about. now, most of them (from my experience) are all in public chat channels, so I do my best to avoid those.

then theres also the soundboarders on teamspeak, my personally least liked. those people who play the super loud sonic music all the time..
You didn't get the joke
It's sort a long, read it if you want.
I'm too scared to even step into the McGamer teamspeak. Which is why I don't. However, the extent of this issue is much further than just teamspeak, and can relate with just communicating with people. I always hear the people I thought where my friends (on and offline) harassing other people with gay jokes, he's the squeaker, terrorist jokes, etc. I could never imagine myself offending people with such un-insightful remarks.

I remember something that happened at my school. I was in math class, and I saw two people arguing about something (one of them being Armenian). The other dude was harassing him about the Armenian genocide and how it "doesn't matter" and how "they deserved it", without even knowing that he lost family members in that tragic event.

I believe that the main issue is the fact that people just blurt out this crap unaware of what they are even saying. I couldn't care less about the people that just yell out random curse words since they have no relevance to the person, and therefore, they have no reason to care. Things take a turn for the worst once people start making insults about real phenomena (gay f*ggot, etc I don't know many) as well as real life events, without even taking a second to think about it.

Who's fault is it then? People might think that, obviously it's whoever blurts out these insults. However, this is not entirely the case. I believe it's partly due to the parents that tolerate hearing that kind of language, but more importantly, the environment in which these people are exposed to, both online and offline. They hear someone insult someone and the absorb all of the information and blurt it out at people who they don't like, again, without even examining what they are saying.

Unfortunately, I don't think there's anything we can really do about it. While we have moderators and administrators online, and counselors and authority figures in real life, this trend won't ever really stop, due partly to how lax these authority figures are but also due to their lack of power. There isn't much they can do to prevent people getting influenced by others. Online, while the moderators are strict enough, there simply won't ever be enough to shut down this trend. Even if there where, probably around 90 percent of McGamer's population would have dissipated.

Even people that seem nice on the outside, and that are nice to certain people, possess this ability to lash out at anybody they don't like.
"Wow u feeding gay f*ggot etc. etc. etc."
"U hacker u should have f**king die in 9/11 cuz ur a terrorist b*stard."
It matters, not like they care.

*sorry this is really long*
You didn't get the joke

Fireworks

Platinum
Reaction score
You didn't get the joke

You didn't get the joke

You didn't get the joke
Regardless if there was a joke or not, just the concept he brought up is worth to talk about. I see/saw it as a problem, so I put my 2 cents in on said problem.

FjRI || Catty

Career
Reaction score
I see where you're coming from, but people aren't always going to be likeable. Although you may not find a joke funny, other people might.
The community can be bad but just take a look around. There are plenty of people on the servers and I'm sure they're not all bad.

dq

District 13
Reaction score
I make all these jokes all the times. If you would hear the amount of 9/11, Holocaust, Rape, Gay, Terrorist, Racist, Sexist jokes I make a day you'd probably be appalled. But that's who I am, I think they're absolutely hilarious.

The only difference between me and the random people you meet on teamspeak is that I know there is a time and place for everything, which is why I only hangout on Forgotten ts basically, where everyone is pretty chill.

Beardy

District 13
Reaction score
I make all these jokes all the times. If you would hear the amount of 9/11, Holocaust, Rape, Gay, Terrorist, Racist, Sexist jokes I make a day you'd probably be appalled. But that's who I am, I think they're absolutely hilarious.

The only difference between me and the random people you meet on teamspeak is that I know there is a time and place for everything, which is why I only hangout on Forgotten ts basically, where everyone is pretty chill.
Ily, but in the words of Dank420, you didn't get the joke.

dq

District 13
Reaction score
Ily, but in the words of Dank420, you didn't get the joke.
I didn't read all of the initial post is that why it went right over my head probably

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci