• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

A New Hack?

demonsushi

District 13
Reaction score
Well, this may be the silliest, most speculative and most uninformed post I have ever made, but I feel it would interesting to share this "concept" with the community.

Essentially, it's tied to the new 1.8 update with the new spectator mode. The first thing that came to mind when I saw this was "cool!!! You can watch people PvP in first person!!!" and then I realized:

What if someone made a hack that took control of a player while they were in this 1st Person Spectator mode?
I know it's farfetched, but if it comes to exist, how scary and difficult would that be for the MCSG staff to conquer?

How do you report it and how do you stop it???

Let's call this an alien idea, since it'll never happen.

Just sharing my thoughts.

-Demon

Reaction score
Oh god... I have a question though... By take over, would typing as another player count too? Cause then staff powers would be abused by normal players.. o_O

*I know this will most likely never happen*

demonsushi

District 13
Reaction score
Oh god... I have a question though... By take over, would typing as another player count too? Cause then staff powers would be abused by normal players.. o_O

*I know this will most likely never happen*
I guess so; type, run, attack, do anything as the other players.... Chadthedj could never go on MCSG again...

subtato

District 13
Reaction score
The way spectate mode works is it simply takes the movements of the player you're spectating, and forwards it to your client so you can see what they see. There's no reverse method to controlling the live opponent.

Reaction score
The way spectate mode works is it simply takes the movements of the player you're spectating, and forwards it to your client so you can see what they see. There's no reverse method to controlling the live opponent.
Let's call this an alien idea, since it'll never happen.
We know it will never happen. It is just a thought.

TheTDevine5

Experienced
Reaction score
I think this is a good idea.

People with abuse this somehow and the community will fall apart. Just my opinion

demonsushi

District 13
Reaction score
subv3rsion haha thanks for the comments!!! It was just a silly farfetched idea that I wanted people to react to. Though it makes sense why it actually couldn't exist.

Ceroria

Mockingjay
Reaction score
subv3rsion haha thanks for the comments!!! It was just a silly farfetched idea that I wanted people to react to. Though it makes sense why it actually couldn't exist.
Seeing that the question has been answered, would you like me to lock the thread or keep it up for community discussion? c:

RC_4777

Mockingjay
Reaction score
That would be pretty scary if it was possible. I wonder if anyone is trying to figure out some sort of far-fetched exploit to do that...

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci