• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

A Duck's tale: My MCSG Story

Duck is...

• Total voters

duckluv321

District 13
Reaction score
Hiya!
(Credits to Eden for the punny title)

It's been a while since I've posted one of these, and a lot has happened since then. Nostalgia is always fun, so I figured- why not.

Before I start this thread, I honestly need to give a huge thank you to each and every one of you. Close friends, acquaintances, or simply other members of this community. You've all been a part of my experience here, which has been absolutely amazing, and I couldn't have asked for more.

Time to travel back two years..

-THE BEGINNING-

It all started when I watched a Tobuscus video.

This video, to be exact:

The game of 'Minecraft' intrigued me, and several videos into the series, and the 'Shadow Of Israphel' series, I bought the game.

The exact date? December 11th, 2011.
(Thanks, Mojang)

This was a few days before the update to 1.4.6, which added in several new things.

From there, I played a lot of Singleplayer, and never really ventured into the multiplayer world, until one day, I decided to google search minecraft severs, and came across a small 'Hunger Games' server. I immediately went to check it out, and... It was down. So was the story for several other servers, until I came across one that was open, with around 4 players on it.

I played for a few hours, and chatted a bit with the owner. From there, I continued to play for a few days, until I was given OP. This was my first 'moderating' experience ever, but, there wasn't much to moderate, and I often used my job of restocking chests to sneak diamond armor in, and take that chest route myself.
(Sneaky duck is sneaky... And a cheater)

That sever went down one day, and unfortunately never went back up. Much to my dismay, I was off to find a new server, and I luckily found several.

I ended up with staff positions on several more, and I learned a lot of what I know now.

At this time I also ventured off into the world of creative servers, and survival servers, where I gained some more moderating experience.

Then, one fateful day, I googled "Survival Games Minecraft Server" yet again, and I found MCSG...

-THE START OF SOMETHING NEW-

MCSG was like no server I had ever played on before- it was automated, and it didn't require an OP to start the game. The chests filled themselves (how magical), and there were real, awesome maps, and not just randomly generated terrain.

I was in love.

I played a ton, and well, I didn't do so great, but I didn't care. I was mesmerized by the plugins, the maps, and the community.

One day, I was in a game like normal, when I came across a team of incredibly good players. I don't remember their specific in-game names, however I do remember their names.

I spoke with them, and much to my surprise, they offered to add me on Skype. I quickly made a Skype, added them, and those were my first Minecraft friends.

Walker, TheLyssy , Wicked, and Yesh (DoodleBob91).

I hung out with them for the longest time, and we played all sorts of things, like Survival, and of course, MCSG.

Our group unfortunately started to fade away after a while, but I found another group of friends- Soxfan2 and his IRL friends. I played with them for a very long time, but I unfortunately drifted apart from them, as well.

Right around then I also met Zoidberg, also known as Philly67. I had seen him in a game, and immediately wanting to team based on my natural "omg lots of points" instinct :p

We played, and he ended up adding me on Skype, and I still talk to him every now and then today :)

-THE FORUMS-

Despite playing MCSG for several months, I didn't make a forums account until May 6th, 2012. On the same day, I made a thread- two to be exact- and well...

> http://www.minecraftsurvivalgames.com/threads/servers-with-original-map.1760/
> http://www.minecraftsurvivalgames.c...ll-me-the-servers-with-the-original-map.1757/

Not my finest forums moment :p

Later that same day, I made three other threads ( 1 - 2 - 3), but after that, I was fairly inactive.

I started to get active on the forums in February, and posted several rather pointless threads, using plenty of colored text :p

February 26th, however, marked the day I made my first guide. I still remember how excited I was to see the positive response, and how amazed and honored I felt to have it pinned.

From there, it is really all a blur. I made more guides, more threads, and generally got more active, and the response I received was absolutely incredible and I could not have asked for more.

I continued playing in-game, but the forums quickly became my main area of interest.

(You can check out some of my first threads on the last few pages of this, if you're interested :p)

-MODERATOR-

My first opportunity at moderator came in the Summer of 2013.

slasherxtreme had added me on Skype, and I had done an impromptu age exception interview, which I was extremely lucky, and shocked to have been given. I passed, and was allowed to apply, which I did. I was accepted, and ended up passing my interview. It was absolutely amazing, and I cherished every second of moderating. I will never be able to thank slasherxtreme enough for that incredible opportunity, and I will always have an incredible amount of guilt and remorse for my resignation which followed later.

Now, here I am, once again with a rank that I am absolutely blessed, and incredibly thankful to have hopefully for a very, very long time to come.

-CLANS-

The first clan I joined was Theoretically's clan Java. My application was accepted by HalfSquirrel , who is still one of my very good friends.

I got to know HalfSquirrel, Theoretical a lot better through that clan, both of which I still talk to today :)

Due to my awful luck, the clan disbanded the next day, and I was left clan-less.

During this time I met eshancowee, and got to know him better, and we became friends. He invited me to join EU Rebels, and I did. I quickly lost interest in the clan, however, due to inactivity, and the clan ended up disbanding within a short while after I joined.

I waited quite a while before even considering applying for a new clan, and that new clan was the US Rebels. I had seen open slots in their roster, and took this as my opportunity to apply. HalfSquirrel did as well, and I was hoping that we would both be accepted- which, we were. I was so shocked to have been accepted into a clan with people who I had looked up to, and knew were ten times better than me at PVP. I was extremely shy at first, and rarely ever went on the TeamSpeak, but the day I finally did was absolutely amazing, and I frequented that TeamSpeak for a very long time.

Earlier this year, I left Rebels, and haven't joined any new clans since (unless you consider the Staff team a clan :p)

I am forever grateful to the amazing people who accepted me, talked to me, and were generally amazing in the Rebels, and every other clan I've been a part of.

--

That pretty much concludes the story section of this. I tried to keep it as interesting as possible, so hopefully you weren't too bored :p

I didn't get into a ton of detail regarding the incredible people I've met, so I'm going to do that below. I hope I haven't forgotten anyone, and if I did- I am so sorry! There has been a ton of writing going into this, and I wouldn't be surprised if I did :p

-THANK-YOUS-

Zoeticly : ilysm. You are without a doubt one of my best friend in MCSG. We became friends for the most ridiculous reason, but I am so happy that we did. You are one of the sweetest, funniest people I've ever met, and I am so happy to call you one of my best friends<3

Cscoop : Cpoop, you are one of my best friends in MCSG. You put up with my stupidity on TeamSpeak on a daily basis, and I'm not sure what I could ask for beyond that :p You've helped, and supported me through all the dumb things I do, which I am forever grateful for<3

Col_StaR : I will never be able to repay you for all the support, and help you have given me through the reapplying process. Thank you, and Dave so much for this second opportunity<3

@ Everyone who has made me feel welcome within the staff team<3

@ Everyone who partook in my moderator interview- thank you for listening to my nonsense :p <3

@ Everyone who has supported me throughout my experience here at MCSG. I wouldn't still be a part of this community without you guys<3

@ Everyone in, or previously in the Rebels. Thank you for the incredible experience, and the amazing friendships<3

@ Everyone in Trivium. Thank you guys for putting up with me even though I'm not in the clan (and being amazing :p) <3

The following is a list of people who have impacted my experience here. I couldn't write you your own paragraph because this thread would become a novel :p

Eden , Maxypie , ryanroks594 , polarisXD , Kimberly , Ceroria | XyZebrAbC , Captain | Lqzer , KRaidium , Tironas11 , Branbob83 , DadBrother , Sage | Penguino , Kerbals , allyrox_ , AGFire2013 , Zeno , RyanHolland , Philly67 , CH21 , Blamph (still dying over the follow) and many, many other people that I can't currently think of. I love all of you guys<3

Love you guys... with all ten of my hearts :p

Last edited:

Dusk

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
Duck is.. a noob. c:

I can tell that this is going to be a good story, because of the length. Now, time to read. :3

"A Duck's Tale." Eden

GOFORGOLDCROZ

Diamond
Reaction score
You joined two days after me. I got Minecraft for my birthday xD

Congratulations on everything, Duck.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member