• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

[120 Players] Land of the Lost | Exclusive MCSG Map

TheGemProject

Career
Reaction score
I think the spawn should be changed. Such as adding lilly pads or even small islands here and there. People (like me) would get really frustrated with water.

KorStonesword

Diamond
Reaction score
Will this map be added on release of 1.7? Because the people responsible for adding maps are idiots if they don't add it. We really badly need more 120 player maps, and this looks great!

Levah

District 13
Reaction score
That terraforming! I love it. May i just ask. Did you use the blend ball?

SpaghettiSquid

Platinum
Reaction score
I think the spawn should be changed. Such as adding lilly pads or even small islands here and there. People (like me) would get really frustrated with water.
I thought about lily pads, but realized that would almost be ripping off Moonlight Lake (which I really like). I did put in some islands but removed them as it just made it look sloppy, and when compared to the giant mountain looming in the distance, they looked extremely out of place. In a map as big as this, it would almost always go to forced deathmatch if running from spawn was easy. When fleeing the cornucopia, you have to weigh the risks. (Go to corn, or take a boat) This also reminds people that PvP isn't just who can click the fastest, or has the best connection. It's strategy as well, and that is greatly emphasized in water combat. Always stay BELOW your opponent, or they can get 3-6 hit combos. This is true in and out of water. If you're on a mountain and someone's below you, if it's safe, jump down below them and hit up. You have a much greater chance of winning. Ok, my PvP lesson is over. :p

Will this map be added on release of 1.7? Because the people responsible for adding maps are idiots if they don't add it. We really badly need more 120 player maps, and this looks great!
In the post on the MCSG homepage Chad said:
"Also new maps will be added soon! We looked at a lot of amazing maps [like Land of the Lost,] this community has been sharing to us and will consider adding in a few more along with the new voting system that people overwhelmingly..."

It is beautiful
Thanks. :)

That terraforming! I love it. May i just ask. Did you use the blend ball?
I used a combo of WorldEdit's smoothing brushes and almost every single voxel brush on their commands wiki. I'll admit, the entire time I was tempted to stick giant 100 block tall trees everywhere. :[

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci