• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

1 year as a Sr. Citizen/Mod

Nick

Community Engagement & Mapping Team Representative
Reaction score
I'd never thought the day would come where I would be able to say that I'd be a Sr. Mod for one entire year. Well that day has come.

365 days ago I was offered something that I thought I would've never gotten, the chance to serve the community more in a way that I thought I would never get the privilege to do. I was offered the position of Trial Sr. Mod on July 13th, 2014 at 4:03 am HKT. Without hesitation I said Yes in excitement.

My trial was going well until something popped up... I was told by my mum that 2 weeks into my 4 week trial, we were to depart Hong Kong and visit my family in my hometown of Gold Coast in Queensland, Australia. I was excited because we got to visit my grandma after 3 long years since she had been diagnosed with stage 2 breast cancer.

I had mixed emotions at the time as I finally got to visit my family after so long and visit my birthplace and hometown, but at the same time, I had to fulfil the activity required to meet the expectations in order to pass my trial. I brought up the trip to Dave and he told me that it would all be okay, in which it was.

My trial was very interesting. A few days into my trial, I was called onto TeamSpeak for an impromptu meeting regarding whether we should offer AlpakaWhacker the position of Trial Administrator. In which we all said in confidence that we should. Boy was it a great decision, indeed.

It was also around the time of the AVN merge. This time was full of excitement and anxiousness. What a combination, right? It was a lot of stress but we pulled through.

On August 10th, I passed my trial along with the two other trials in my batch, Frazzli185 and Fletch . Both of my batch-mates did an amazing job. To be quite honest Fletch did so well during his service I would've thought he would've eventually become AU's along waited admin.

Throughout my time as a Sr. Staff member, I've went through amazing moments, sad moments, emotional moments, touching moments and even terrifying moments.

This job, this experience is something that I will never forget. I've become so much better of a person now than I ever thought I could be. I've helped thousands of kids throughout my time here at MCGamer. Not all days are filled with sunshines and rainbows. But each day has taught me something, a new lesson daily. And I'm grateful for every screaming kid that abused me and said the rudest things to me as it helped me become stronger.

MCGamer as a staff member has opened up so many new doors for the people who choose to join the staff. People think that being a moderator/general staff on a Minecraft network is meaningless and a waste of time. It isn't. I know countless kids who had really big confidence issues who can now talk in front of hundreds of people during MCGamer events. Or European staff members who came into the staff team with a limited English language background, whom of which now speak English amazingly!

This place has also opened many doors for me in particular as well. As of recently, Col_StaR has written up a recommendation letter for myself to use for university applications. Admittedly, I almost teared up reading it, thanks Col. There was one part in particular that got me right in the feels.

I recommend Nick in the absolute confidence that he will succeed, no matter what he does nor where he goes. He has impressed me during our time working together, and I know that he will impress you too.

There were times in which I thought my work was useless and that I can be easily replaced by another moderator. But Col. has made it apparent that I did mean something whenever I thought I didn't, and for that I'm forever grateful.

A lot of people are skeptical about this next part. Not only was this a place of work for me, but also the place where I met my current girlfriend. I won't go into too much about this, but this place has connected people from all over the world and I was lucky enough to meet Alyssa whom of which I've been with for 6 months as of this weekend. Her and I are currently trying to organise for us to meet sometime towards the end of this year or this time next year.

This place is truly amazing. I don't want to make you guys read much more but I would like to sign off with a few notable mentions.

Col_StaR - Without you, I don't think I would've stayed here as long as I have. I look up to and have always looked up to you which is why I take the criticism you give me, the compliments you give me, as well as the advice you give me, as gospel. You motivate me to do better and have helped shaped me into becoming the person I am today, whether you intended to or not. I will truly miss you upon your departure from the staff team and I really hope we can stay in touch either by texts or email.

Chandelle - You are by far one of my best friends ever. You have stuck by me through thick and thin and have always been there for me. I really missed the times we would spend together at stupid o'clock just doing stupid stuff. I cannot wait until you get back onto the realm of the online world so we can continue where we left off.

iVelocityGaming - Niall. My son. My friend. My colleague. You are always there for me. You have helped shape Kithex into the build team it is today, going from the small build team that people made fun of a year ago, to the success it has become. I can't wait to see what the future lies ahead of us.

I can't write out messages for each and every person so I would like to thank the following people for everything they have done for me:

There are many more but I cannot remember everyone ;-;

But thank you, community, for the time you have given me. Here's to another year as a Sr. Mod :)!

Aidan

Platinum
Reaction score
You are truly an amazing staff member and a huge inspiration to everyone in the community. So glad to see you have made it this far and Kit4Admin <33

ItsTrippyHippie

Platinum
Reaction score
Congrats! What an amazing acomplishment! I hope to keep seeing you around and helping the community as much as you have been!

K

KiDD

'Grats Nick. That's really a large amount of time to have a position such as Sr.Mod. Really cool to see older staff such as yourself still make these threads on your time here :)

NuttyGeeza

Spectator
Reaction score
I dont really know you but u seem like a very nice guy and u seem to be doing your job well if you have kept that position for a year!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci