• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Working with a laggy computer

anatolifisher

Experienced
Reaction score
Omg I'm dose spelling really matter that much? Anyway I'm typing on an iPad so it's. Kinda hard to spell and gett all my grimmer right on this.

static_nightmare

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
Omg I'm dose spelling really matter that much? Anyway I'm typing on an iPad so it's. Kinda hard to spell and gett all my grimmer right on this.
it makes you sound a bit stupid, and no one wants to read your posts or take you seriously. At least try, yeah? Not everyone on these forums are fluent english speakers, so try to help them out slightly

Rizikio

Spectator
Reaction score
Regardless of how right/wrong anat is, we should get back on topic. I also have a generally bad computer for gaming, so I've got a few tips for you.

1. When possible, team. If you can't survive on your own with your FPS, get a team. They can usually cover for me when I can't respond in time and then assist me when I can.

2. Try to avoid useless PVP. Low FPS means difficulty playing. One time I was playing in map 2 and I was the guy who had full iron / diamond sword. I was going around picking people off when suddenly, zero FPS. I froze (I could move, just one frame every 5 seconds). Some guy with no armor but a stone axe (who I was chasing) killed me, and then proceded to win.

3. Don't go for popular routes. This goes along with #2. The fewer people you see, the less PVP you engage in, and the lesser chance you have of losing because of your FPS.

4. Flint and Steel in your hotbar at all times. I cannot tell you how many times I've won a fight because I set him on fire and then hit him a few times, where otherwise I would probably lag and bring him down close to death, only for him to gain an upper hand due to my slow reaction time (aka FPS).

Will edit with more (maybe)

TheMinecraftPerson

Experienced
Reaction score
Regardless of how right/wrong anat is, we should get back on topic. I also have a generally bad computer for gaming, so I've got a few tips for you.

1. When possible, team. If you can't survive on your own with your FPS, get a team. They can usually cover for me when I can't respond in time and then assist me when I can.

2. Try to avoid useless PVP. Low FPS means difficulty playing. One time I was playing in map 2 and I was the guy who had full iron / diamond sword. I was going around picking people off when suddenly, zero FPS. I froze (I could move, just one frame every 5 seconds). Some guy with no armor but a stone axe (who I was chasing) killed me, and then proceded to win.

3. Don't go for popular routes. This goes along with #2. The fewer people you see, the less PVP you engage in, and the lesser chance you have of losing because of your FPS.

4. Flint and Steel in your hotbar at all times. I cannot tell you how many times I've won a fight because I set him on fire and then hit him a few times, where otherwise I would probably lag and bring him down close to death, only for him to gain an upper hand due to my slow reaction time (aka FPS).

Will edit with more (maybe)
Thanks. Thia is the first comment that actually talks about in-game strategies versus things I can do and have done to my computer.

lehparsiphel

Experienced
Reaction score
This topic has an easy answar, if u have a bad computer get a new one its as simple as that. My computer suggestions are alienWare or Mac. I us a Mac osx most of the time and I have a Alienware m18x witch I use more for lounging around on mc. (They both get around 200 fps in mc so there good)

There happy? I gave so constructive advice on the topic.
yea well some people just dont have the luxury you have to get 2 expensive computers

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci