• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

SURVIVAL GAMES Winds Of Change

Do you like the pirates/caverns theme

• Total voters

Jon | Lqzer

Platinum
Reaction score
This looks absolutely amazing! :D It has some water, but also a lot of land and cool places to explore + great PvP areas.

The cave idea is the best original idea that I've ever seen! :)

Theoretical

District 13
Reaction score
This looks absolutely amazing! :D It has some water, but also a lot of land and cool places to explore + great PvP areas.

The cave idea is the best original idea that I've ever seen! :)
One of the best things about all the water is you are not forced to go in it. Unlike Boombeards...

ztxmd

Survivor
Reaction score
The map has a lot of flat areas to pvp on, the caves have a lot of flat space, so pvp wise I feel the map will be great, but only time will tell :)[/quote]
but are the inside of the caves flat, because if they are you will be able to see everywhere and camp spawn all game

Ninetailefox92

District 13
Reaction score
The map has a lot of flat areas to pvp on, the caves have a lot of flat space, so pvp wise I feel the map will be great, but only time will tell :)
but are the inside of the caves flat, because if they are you will be able to see everywhere and camp spawn all game[/quote]
It is relatively flat inside the cave area, but it is angled in a way so you can't see into all the caves. So if you camp spawn, you will be vulnerable as it will be very easy to sneak up on- there are multiple entrances and exits to each cave

SuperxAndrew

District 13
Reaction score
Very nice map. Please consider that following CONSTRUCTIVE xD criticism below:

The concept is nice. I like the caves and the tropical feel. But remember this is just the concept, as far as the theme, I feel island is a bit overused. I am no expert on this map, because I have not downloaded it or taken the time to look very closely at the pictures, but from what I cant tell, it is an island. Now, like I said, the concept is different. The caves make is look cool and the custom trees and terraforming are higher quality than anything on the servers (island wise) right now. However, despite the high quality of the map, it is one of those that if MCSG adds it, personally I would like to see it replace either Breeze Island, Boombeard's Battle or Fortune Island. (Did I miss one? xD) Of course this is just my opinion, but whether this map is a 10/10 or a 0/10 everyone needs to keep in mind how many island maps there are.

Water. Now I know you probably don't want to hear this xD, but I do want to discuss it. The map appears to be roughly 50% water. I know there are pirate ships and such, but from what I can tell, there is a lot of water. Now this can work (i.e. Breeze) or this cannot work (i.e. Boombeard's Battle). While I agree that the land part has plenty of flat land and open areas to pvp, but with any amount of water you want to consider the negative implications.

Despite these things you have built yourself a very solid map. It kind of scares me that it only took you 30 hours xD but nevertheless that didn't seem to hurt you. Please just consider my critiques and remember that I am by no way trying to be mean. I just wanted to tell my opinion. Very good map, I give it a 8/10.

Thanks!

-Andrew

Ninetailefox92

District 13
Reaction score
Very nice map. Please consider that following CONSTRUCTIVE xD criticism below:

The concept is nice. I like the caves and the tropical feel. But remember this is just the concept, as far as the theme, I feel island is a bit overused. I am no expert on this map, because I have not downloaded it or taken the time to look very closely at the pictures, but from what I cant tell, it is an island. Now, like I said, the concept is different. The caves make is look cool and the custom trees and terraforming are higher quality than anything on the servers (island wise) right now. However, despite the high quality of the map, it is one of those that if MCSG adds it, personally I would like to see it replace either Breeze Island, Boombeard's Battle or Fortune Island. (Did I miss one? xD) Of course this is just my opinion, but whether this map is a 10/10 or a 0/10 everyone needs to keep in mind how many island maps there are.

Water. Now I know you probably don't want to hear this xD, but I do want to discuss it. The map appears to be roughly 50% water. I know there are pirate ships and such, but from what I can tell, there is a lot of water. Now this can work (i.e. Breeze) or this cannot work (i.e. Boombeard's Battle). While I agree that the land part has plenty of flat land and open areas to pvp, but with any amount of water you want to consider the negative implications.

Despite these things you have built yourself a very solid map. It kind of scares me that it only took you 30 hours xD but nevertheless that didn't seem to hurt you. Please just consider my critiques and remember that I am by no way trying to be mean. I just wanted to tell my opinion. Very good map, I give it a 8/10.

Thanks!

-Andrew
Yeah I actually completely agree with you, I was unsure on the island format but since I was going for the pirate theme I just went for it (and if it replaced another island map as you suggested you wont see me complaining)

On your second point I know there is a lot, its about 40% water, but I felt if I put too many islands in the water it would have looked wierd so I just went with it and hopefully it wont deter too much from the map, I feel it will be fine as it will be very easy to see where people are if they are out swimming in the water

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci