• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

SURVIVAL GAMES Winds Of Change

Do you like the pirates/caverns theme

• Total voters

Ninetailefox92

District 13
Reaction score
Hey guys!

This is my new Survival Games map called Winds of Change, in the MCGamer awards I was voted as one of the top 5 builders in MCSG which was such an amazing thing to find out! So I wanted to show off my skill and build a map using the communities ideas as.. a sort of thankyou? Hope you enjoy it! It is my first solo project, so I was very nervous doing it but I feel like it came out great!

please leave a diamond in support of the build <3 http://www.planetminecraft.com/project/winds-of-change/

Lovelywishes- "It looks amazing, well built and small so the games will be quick if that is what you are looking for"

TheRealAussie- "Looking forward to playing this on MCSG! 10/10 would bang"

TeamTwiistz- "Original and Exciting... a Hidden Treasure 10/10"

Theoretically-"HOLY GOD NINE WHAT KIND OF DRUGS ARE YOU ON?! YOU BUILT THIS F****** AMAZING MAP IN 30 HOURS."

ztkmd- "The map has a lot of flat areas to pvp on, the caves have a lot of flat space, so pvp wise I feel the map will be great, but only time will tell"

RiseNinja- This is amazing, I can't wait for it to be featured in the MCSG servers!

themastern00b- "A work of art, truly, truly amazing. 10/10"

Chobski- "The gameplay will be awe-inspiring - crackling with excellence! I am in no doubt that this map will become a classic."

iMightTroll- "Brilliant map, with quality structures. 9001/1337"

Map Concept-
For the map I wanted to get a really cool concept down, so I looked through the community ideas on the forums for maps people wanted to see. I decided to do a combination map of a pirates cove idea and a cavern map idea, so the map has the best of both worlds, if you like the open water/ship style gameplay- half the map is like that, and the other half is caverns if you prefer interior style gameplay. For this map I used lighting for effect, like the caves further into the cave system are darker... and some areas are lit in a certain way to highlight some key areas!

Storyline-
"We set sail on the hopes of finding a new prosperous land across the sea's... And by chance we found it, But this land was far more treacherous than we had anticipated.. The land of Pirates! They captured us and threw us into their pits as tributes for their gods..
They gave us some kind of medication, that caused the crew to become rabid.. Don't you feel it brother? My mind becomes more and more clouded each day. We have to escape this cursed place before we rip each other apart.. but I fear its too late.

The tides have turned my child.. The Winds of Change are upon us.."

Trailer-

Screenshots-
winds of change.jpg

Opening image
waterworld-1000.jpg

Overview of map
waterworld2.png

Cornucopia
waterworld1.jpg

Pirate ship
javaw 2014-01-07 21-22-42-35.jpg

Shipwreck
javaw 2014-01-07 21-23-10-62.jpg

Ship cavern
javaw 2014-01-07 21-24-56-63.jpg

Mushroom cave
ej4PFOf.png

-Note these pictures are taken using a rendering program and shaders-
For Shaders pictures-
http://imgur.com/jHYsa52,ugxis8z,3d...DN,L1NWQm8,tvOolqs,Gjpzv6y,dtB2kl0,Y7Ch82L#31
For Default pictures-
http://imgur.com/qTKgnWC,bffwiZW,mD...i5E7n,WbxuuAI,08TErDS,3C3xZoW,jeIYQ4h,UzsziVK

Info-
The map took me 30 hours to build! (only 30 OwO) I was trying to beast this as a 24 hour map, but I decided to use the extra 6 hours to really polish of the map and make it a lot more fun to play! The top section of the map is largely inaccessible as the focus is on the caves and island part of the map. It is 200 in radius so will favour quick paced gameplay, and the simple layout should lead to some great gameplay, the map has 155 chests (they are everywhere) so there shouldnt be issues finding chests!

If you wish for me to put a "quote" from you up at the top of the page, just send me a pm or catch me on ts and as thanks I will put your head in the map in the pirates camp!

Download on the planet minecraft page!
If you like the map please give it a diamond to show your support-
http://www.planetminecraft.com/project/winds-of-change/

UPDATE-
Added more islands to address concerns of the large amount of water
javaw 2014-01-09 17-10-32-35.jpg

Deathmatch arena- redoing

Attachments

Last edited:

Beardy

District 13
Reaction score
I forgot to ask, we're you trying to do 24 hours straight, or 24 hours total? Oh, it also looks great due this amount if time!

Ninetailefox92

District 13
Reaction score
I forgot to ask, we're you trying to do 24 hours straight, or 24 hours total? Oh, it also looks great due this amount if time!
total, I couldn't do 24 hours straight since I have IRL stuff to do aswell xD but I timed myself when I was on to try and hit the 24 hour deadline

reven86

Platinum
Reaction score
nice terraforming and some nice ships, but it really doesn't seem too pvp friendly. Best places I can see for pvp is maybe the shores?

Matt_The Dreamer

Mockingjay
Reaction score
The map looks nice, however I don't want this to become a thing. Imo something with quality far exceeds something which comes out quick.

Ninetailefox92

District 13
Reaction score
The map looks nice, however I don't want this to become a thing. Imo something with quality far exceeds something which comes out quick.
if you mean the speed build as a thing, I wouldn't recommend it to others, I just did it as I have a lot of free time on my hands and I knew I could reach a high quality in the time limit :)

nice terraforming and some nice ships, but it really doesn't seem too pvp friendly. Best places I can see for pvp is maybe the shores?
The map has a lot of flat areas to pvp on, the caves have a lot of flat space, so pvp wise I feel the map will be great, but only time will tell :)

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci