• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Who do you think is the best MCSG player?

Status
Not open for further replies.

G33ke

Community Engagement Team Representative
Reaction score
Well, plenty of good players bounty off all their points after each round, so I'm not sure that's an accurate method of judging whether someone's a "pro" either...
Other people can get that spot if they prove themselves worthy. :p
Whether I'm on a good day or a bad day, I can still tell when someone is good through my suckiness, not how well I can fight them. :p

Trust me, I know what you mean by bounting making that inaccurate. I had to bounty my points because whenever a 5 digit number appeared in chat with a red name beside it, all hell broke loose. >.>

Jackthepwnzor

Experienced
Reaction score
Having like 7000 points is dangerous...I got targeted by 4 noobs once, I killed them all, but still. The way I tell if people are good is I play a game with them, then I spectate them. If they have good routes, good fighting skill, I'm like, watch out for that dude.

CAmadeusA

District 13
Reaction score
Nope. :p I judge who's a pro based on how many people have that many points. If a lot of people suddenly have 5000, my standards will rise. Edit: The reason I base it off of points is because we all know that there are a ton of people with a lot of wins that couldn't beat somebody else with less...Points, however, are more accurate, as my points, themegaryan's points, egrodo's points...they all went up at the same time everyone starting saying "that guy is good, I've fought him before and he was hard to beat" or things of the like.

Also, sometimes, being a pro can be about other things...chest routes, tactics, etc. Even if someone is easy to beat in a fight, that doesn't mean they "suck" at MCSG.
This is an interesting topic... If you'd like to start a thread in the off topic discussion, id be glad to debate with you there, but lets get back on topic here guys:D

toby22

District 13
Reaction score
Whether I'm on a good day or a bad day, I can still tell when someone is good through my suckiness, not how well I can fight them. :p

Trust me, I know what you mean by bounting making that inaccurate. I had to bounty my points because whenever a 5 digit number appeared in chat with a red name beside it, all hell broke loose. >.>
But what if NCP is in the way?

G33ke

Reaction score
Double posting, because you guys are posting so fast it won't be a double post by the time I post it (and you won't see my edit.)

Then what should it be based off of?!?!?!?
A combination of the two or something. I obviously don't count Creeper_Mayor, or, well, anybody on the /top in US at all.

If they have 150+ wins, I'll consider calling them a pro for having 5000+ points once I see and fight them. Anything obvious, though, like Zeno winning 60 games and still having 9000 points I don't need to see it for myself first. :p

toby22

District 13
Reaction score
Double posting, because you guys are posting so fast it won't be a double post by the time I post it (and you won't see my edit.)

A combination of the two or something. I obviously don't count Creeper_Mayor, or, well, anybody on the /top in US at all.

If they have 150+ wins, I'll consider calling them a pro for having 5000+ points once I see and fight them. Anything obvious, though, like Zeno winning 60 games and still having 9000 points I don't need to see it for myself first. :p
So what would you say about me?
P.S. I'm only allowed to play on weekends

G33ke

Reaction score
But what if NCP is in the way?
I can tell when someone gets NCP'd - I fought Blamph three games in a row one day. I lost twice to NCP, and won once to NCP...NCP was being annoying that day. >.>

Avoiding NCP is also a part of the fight, it's something you get accustomed to.

Nadarekyle

Career
Reaction score

Well, I'm absolutely terrible, just getting that out of the way now...

But yeah, I get what you're saying about judging PvP skills with a fight. I can't really do it, but I understand how one could.
In other news, sometimes I'll be expecting one of those 23-noob games and suddenly, a wild CAmadeusA appears in the airfield on SG4 after he JOINED INVISIBLY AND ASDFECDGHTRDF!!!...

I usually consider 5-digit moderators to be no competition, since usually they get taken care of quickly by other players :D

toby22

District 13
Reaction score
I can tell when someone gets NCP'd - I fought Blamph three games in a row one day. I lost twice to NCP, and won once to NCP...NCP was being annoying that day. >.>

Avoiding NCP is also a part of the fight, it's something you get accustomed to.
Today was one of ma bad days. I lost 10+ games to NCP. I was full iron with iron sword then a leather guy with stone swords comes up and kills me. RAGEMODE

G33ke

Reaction score
I usually consider 5-digit moderators to be no competition, since usually they get taken care of quickly by other players :D
lolol. It's true, too. If I have to say something in that lobby or someone points me out (which is nearly every lobby.) then I usually get at least one person trying to punch me to death that game. Generally, the main annoyance wasn't the fist fighters, and actually the people who got a weapon really early in the game that targeted me. (I'm not exaggerating when I say that I once had literally nothing and a guy with a weapon went straight passed the guy who had full iron armor and no weapon just to get my points. >.>
Needless to say, I killed him...which wouldn't have happened if he was smart and stopped by the guy who had the armor. <.<

Anyway, as for judging PvP skills...oh my gosh, it's kind of annoying that I can actually. I now cringe when watching 80% of Minecraft youtubers PvP, or when I see a noob in MCSG. xD

Anyway, I'm done now. Back on topic. :p

Nadarekyle

Career
Reaction score
lolol. It's true, too. If I have to say something in that lobby or someone points me out (which is nearly every lobby.) then I usually get at least one person trying to punch me to death that game. Generally, the main annoyance wasn't the fist fighters, and actually the people who got a weapon really early in the game that targeted me. (I'm not exaggerating when I say that I once had literally nothing and a guy with a weapon went straight passed the guy who had full iron armor and no weapon just to get my points. >.>
Needless to say, I killed him...which wouldn't have happened if he was smart and stopped by the guy who had the armor. <.<

Anyway, as for judging PvP skills...oh my gosh, it's kind of annoying that I can actually. I now cringe when watching 80% of Minecraft youtubers PvP, or when I see a noob in MCSG. xD

Anyway, I'm done now. Back on topic. :p
Well, okay, that first bit, "I'm not exaggerating when I say that I once had literally nothing and a guy with a weapon went straight passed the guy who had full iron armor and no weapon just to get my points. >.>"

If he was smart, that wasn't for your points. Assuming that full iron armor guy was just another average/nooby player and not Egrodo or someone like that, then they killed you to get you out of the way. I do that too, but I don't care about points. I just know that there are some people that are unbeatable as soon as they get a wood hatchet, and you need to strike when they're weak ^_^

And when you say you killed him, do you mean with FISTS? o_O

And yeah, I think I understand what you mean with that judging PvP skills thing too. After I learned how to drive, I was like "shitshitshit" whenever I'm in the car with my parents, so I guess it's like that? XD

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci