• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Which graphics card is best for shaders?

Twixtor48

Tribute
Reaction score
He has 8GB ram and 3.6GHz processor(i7)
Yeah he has twice the amount of RAM I have and the best intel processor. No wonder he has good FPS. That processor just helps a lot with the graphics card.

Don't get the 760 when considering buying the 670, the performance difference: just isn't worth it.
What resolution do you plan to be playing at?
What are your current computer specs btw?
Another question, do you want a 1GB card or 2GB? I'd recommend 2GB c:

You should probably look at this http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/gaming-graphics-card-review,3107.html
At the moment I my specs are:
RAM: 4GB
Graphics Card: Radeon HD 7750 DDR3 1GB
Processor: AMD Athlon(tm) II X4 645 3.10 GHz
Resolution Monitor: 1280x1024

I would like to have:
RAM: 8GB (I will most definately get that for christmas)
Graphics Card: That is what this thread is about. I have no idea which one to get.
Processor: Intel Core i5 4670K
Resolution Monitor: 1920x1080

I haven't heard enough about the R9 series since it's pretty new, so maybe wait on those for a bit. I can run BF3 on High at 70fps with my GTX 660. Maybe save some money and get a 660, who knows, you could be pleasantly surprised. As for battlefield 4 though I have no clue as I don't have it. A 670 would probably do the trick. What you could do instead of buying a whole new PC is every time you have some money just upgrade a part on your current one, but make sure you have lots of room in your case, and at lease an ATX mobo, along with substantial RAM. I have 8Gb, and from experience anything over that is pretty much overkill. In the future I plan on selling my 660 and buying dual 7850's for crossfire. Say what you want about SLI and Crossfire but the only way to know for sure is to try it. Anyways good luck on finding a new GFX card.

Joel
I am not planning on buying a whole new PC at all. I want to upgrade my PC part by part. Firstly I want to buy another 4 gigs of ram (i have 4 now) to make it 8 for christmas and save up the money I get until my birthday which is in may and buy the graphics card and maybe a new processor along with a new monitor.

hobo_skater

Tribute
Reaction score
A second gen i7 can run Chocapics Ultra? Mind=Blown. On the other hand, we have the same graphics card :D
my second gen i7 has 8 threads and can render 20 minute 1080p videos from Vegas in 10 minutes. Don't underestimate its power!!!! haha

hobo_skater

Tribute
Reaction score
My fourth gen i5 can do that in 5-6 minutes.
Ahahahahahaha :D
Really? Fraps recordings are massive. like 6Gb for 20 minutes of footage. So really it's shrinking 6Gb into a couple hundred Mb. And yes, it is a fourth gen, so comparing them is pointless.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci