• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Which graphics card is best for shaders?

Twixtor48

Tribute
Reaction score
I am thinking of buying a new graphics card which would run minecraft shaders with at least 60+ fps. My budget is under $300. I was thinking of buying the GTX 760 but I heard people saying that the GTX 670 is better for shaders and I really dont know which one to buy. Any other ideas?

hobo_skater

Tribute
Reaction score
It really depends on which shaders dude, I can run Normalers at 40+ FPS on highest settings with my GTX660. I can run Chocapics V3 Ultra at 60+FPS with everything else on medium. I have owned both Nvidia and Radeon cards and I HONESTLY have to say that Radeon cards are better with Minecraft. I don't know why, but they just have worked better in my opinion. Maybe go for a Radeon 7870 or a 7950. If you have your heart set on a Nvidia card, then go with the 670. Most games are optimised for Nvidia cards, so if you plan on doing lots of gaming besides Minecraft, then a Nvidia card is the way to go. But if you know ANYTHING about computers at all, make sure your power supply is sufficient other wise your whole system will just fart and die on you (trust me, I've been there). On another note is make sure your computers case is big enough, because anything better that a 650ti gets pretty long.

SOURCES:
Me, I built my own computer. View my build here: http://pcpartpicker.com/b/F6h

Professor Nub

Platinum
Reaction score
It really depends on which shaders dude, I can run Normalers at 40+ FPS on highest settings with my GTX660. I can run Chocapics V3 Ultra at 60+FPS with everything else on medium. I have owned both Nvidia and Radeon cards and I HONESTLY have to say that Radeon cards are better with Minecraft. I don't know why, but they just have worked better in my opinion. Maybe go for a Radeon 7870 or a 7950. If you have your heart set on a Nvidia card, then go with the 670. Most games are optimised for Nvidia cards, so if you plan on doing lots of gaming besides Minecraft, then a Nvidia card is the way to go. But if you know ANYTHING about computers at all, make sure your power supply is sufficient other wise your whole system will just fart and die on you (trust me, I've been there). On another note is make sure your computers case is big enough, because anything better that a 650ti gets pretty long.

SOURCES:
A second gen i7 can run Chocapics Ultra? Mind=Blown. On the other hand, we have the same graphics card :D

Twixtor48

Tribute
Reaction score

SOURCES:
I want to run the RudoPlays shaders and besides minecraft I would like to buy battlefield 4 and games like that. At the moment I have the Radeon HD 7750 which is impossible to run Battlefield 4 with at least medium and this is why I want to buy a new one and also be able to run the RudoPlays shaders with 60+ without recording or any mods. I have posted a lot of comments on youtube videos aswell and people are suggesting the R9 series of the radeon graphics cards. I am saving up for a nearly whole new pc but it will take me around a year to get the money for it. I basically want to get 4 more gigs of ram (i will have 8 in total), Intel core i5 4670k quad core processor along with the GTX 760 or the radeon hd 7950 or even the r9 280x if I will get enough money. I heard people saying that the NVIDIA graphics cards are better but I like my AMD ones since I got used to them but from a lot of videos that I have seen of people using the AMD cards it looks like for the same price I could get a better nvidia card.

filett55

Diamond
Reaction score
I am thinking of buying a new graphics card which would run minecraft shaders with at least 60+ fps. My budget is under $300. I was thinking of buying the GTX 760 but I heard people saying that the GTX 670 is better for shaders and I really dont know which one to buy. Any other ideas?
One my friend use the gtx 660,he stay on 70-80 fps with shaders and recording(with fraps).So i think gtx 670 could be great for it

Nikitos08

Career
Reaction score
GTX 760 is totally enough, more than enough actually lol

Twixtor48

Tribute
Reaction score
One my friend use the gtx 660,he stay on 70-80 fps with shaders and recording(with fraps).So i think gtx 670 could be great for it
Could you tell me how much RAM does he have and his processor? Because it depends on that too.

GTX 760 is totally enough, more than enough actually lol
Would the gtx 670 be enough for games like Battlefield 4 or Battlefield 3? Im looking to run them at around Medium-High. I don't need ultra.

Nikitos08

Career
Reaction score
Could you tell me how much RAM does he have and his processor? Because it depends on that too.

Would the gtx 670 be enough for games like Battlefield 4 or Battlefield 3? Im looking to run them at around Medium-High. I don't need ultra.
yes, it runs PERFECTLY on my laptop with Gt 750M, which is like 10 times worse than GTX 760.... it will run without lag at all, trust me, :p

filett55

Diamond
Reaction score

He has 8GB ram and 3.6GHz processor(i7)

hobo_skater

Tribute
Reaction score
I want to run the RudoPlays shaders and besides minecraft I would like to buy battlefield 4 and games like that. At the moment I have the Radeon HD 7750 which is impossible to run Battlefield 4 with at least medium and this is why I want to buy a new one and also be able to run the RudoPlays shaders with 60+ without recording or any mods. I have posted a lot of comments on youtube videos aswell and people are suggesting the R9 series of the radeon graphics cards. I am saving up for a nearly whole new pc but it will take me around a year to get the money for it. I basically want to get 4 more gigs of ram (i will have 8 in total), Intel core i5 4670k quad core processor along with the GTX 760 or the radeon hd 7950 or even the r9 280x if I will get enough money. I heard people saying that the NVIDIA graphics cards are better but I like my AMD ones since I got used to them but from a lot of videos that I have seen of people using the AMD cards it looks like for the same price I could get a better nvidia card.
I haven't heard enough about the R9 series since it's pretty new, so maybe wait on those for a bit. I can run BF3 on High at 70fps with my GTX 660. Maybe save some money and get a 660, who knows, you could be pleasantly surprised. As for battlefield 4 though I have no clue as I don't have it. A 670 would probably do the trick. What you could do instead of buying a whole new PC is every time you have some money just upgrade a part on your current one, but make sure you have lots of room in your case, and at lease an ATX mobo, along with substantial RAM. I have 8Gb, and from experience anything over that is pretty much overkill. In the future I plan on selling my 660 and buying dual 7850's for crossfire. Say what you want about SLI and Crossfire but the only way to know for sure is to try it. Anyways good luck on finding a new GFX card.

Joel

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci