• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

What's up with grace period?

Sir Royal

Experienced
Reaction score
like what he said its fine as i dont wanna get tryharded at corn...
If you don't want to be tryharded at corn, then don't goto corn.

By the way, it's not tryharding. It's apart of the game.

BlitzCometITU

Diamond
Reaction score
Too lazy to read other comments, but the world does not revolve around you Royal. Quarter Quell is insanely laggy, and some people don't have NASA computers & internet. The grace period is there so people can get their bearings before anyone is killed, at least until the lag is fixed.

Sir Royal

Experienced
Reaction score
Too lazy to read other comments, but the world does not revolve around you Royal. Quarter Quell is insanely laggy, and some people don't have NASA computers & internet. The grace period is there so people can get their bearings before anyone is killed, at least until the lag is fixed.
Get out.

I never mentioned anything about lag, supercomputers, or anything related to that. The grace period is NOT there for people to get their "bearings" because there already is a 30 second wait till the games begin which should be plenty enough for everyone to load the map, find out where they are, and decide if they should hit up their chest route and evade the corn or go for the corn. p.s It isn't lag that's causing the problem, and you can't "fix" lag, sure the QQ can be optimized a little more but the change will probably not be significant unless they are planning on removing the resource-hungry disasters alltogether, which they might to replace the 2 new disasters.

G33ke

Community Engagement Team Representative
Reaction score
What's with all the hostility over a grace period feature...?

In the end, I don't mind it too awful much. I don't know why it's there any better than the rest of you, but there must be a reason. Is it really that bad...? I would understand the frustration if this was added to MCSG itself, but this is a whole different story. Quarter Quell likely won't be a part of too many clan battles and it's the perfect opportunity to change things up without frustrating the whole of the MCSG community. QQ was never meant to be the "better" gamemode that everyone would always play from now on, at least not without more maps supported: It's just a fun side thing I would do once in a while, and I enjoy not having that side thing ruined by "being tryharded" as people put it.

Virtual

District 13
Reaction score
Get out.

I never mentioned anything about lag, supercomputers, or anything related to that. The grace period is NOT there for people to get their "bearings" because there already is a 30 second wait till the games begin which should be plenty enough for everyone to load the map, find out where they are, and decide if they should hit up their chest route and evade the corn or go for the corn. p.s It isn't lag that's causing the problem, and you can't "fix" lag, sure the QQ can be optimized a little more but the change will probably not be significant unless they are planning on removing the resource-hungry disasters alltogether, which they might to replace the 2 new disasters.
What do you mean by "replace the 2 new disasters"? Neither of them lag.. :p

evil_gnome123

Career
Reaction score
I think it should be a bit shorter. It's frustrating to have to wait for someone to find a weapon in chest and then fight them rather than being able to go and kill them when you see them. I think 30 seconds is plenty.
i disagree because it would make my op chest route not so op

Mint_Sibs

District 13
Reaction score
If you don't want to be tryharded at corn, then don't goto corn.

By the way, it's not tryharding. It's apart of the game.
Yes I'm sure dropping all game productivity and intention to win the game to chase someone around for 30 minutes just cause you want his points was totally a aspiring part of the games intentions..

Sir Royal

Experienced
Reaction score
Yes I'm sure dropping all game productivity and intention to win the game to chase someone around for 30 minutes just cause you want his points was totally a aspiring part of the games intentions..
The game doesn't even last 30 minutes, also any chase I've been in never lasted more then 2-3 minutes. Oh and your saying you can do "productive" things in the games now? P.s Killing someone is one step closer to winning the game, I don't know where you're coming from.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci