• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

What's the deal?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ceraron

Platinum
Reaction score
People saying that "MCGamer is dying" seem to be very biased. If anything, I believe MCGamer is doing very well for itself lately, with the recent staff structure alterations. I hear Chad and the rest of the staff are planning some very cool stuff, so I can't wait to see what's in store!
Yes especially in their most popular minigame, Zed Chase!
Its going to be huge.
Its going to be spectacular.
Amazing.

It's going to be..

JOHN CENA

Last edited:

SolarEclipse

Diamond
Reaction score
People saying that "MCGamer is dying" seem to be very biased. If anything, I believe MCGamer is doing very well for itself lately, with the recent staff structure alterations. I hear Chad and the rest of the staff are planning some very cool stuff, so I can't wait to see what's in store!
Badlion has on average like twice the amount of ppl on then mcsg

seamusdean

Experienced
Reaction score
Badlion has on average like twice the amount of ppl on then mcsg
Okay? I fail to see the point you're trying to make. Just because another server may have more players, that's not the only factor that plays into this.

SolarEclipse

Diamond
Reaction score
Okay? I fail to see the point you're trying to make. Just because another server may have more players, that's not the only factor that plays into this.
Well considering MCSG used to have twice as much players that badlion did means that MCSG is dying and badlion is growing

seamusdean

Experienced
Reaction score
Well considering MCSG used to have twice as much players that badlion did means that MCSG is dying and badlion is growing
As I said, you're focusing on servers having more players than MCGamer, which is overall giving you tunnel vision to this matter. MCGamer may not have as many players, but that hardly means that it's "dying".

SolarEclipse

Diamond
Reaction score
As I said, you're focusing on servers having more players than MCGamer, which is overall giving you tunnel vision to this matter. MCGamer may not have as many players, but that hardly means that it's "dying".
Not have as "many" players...
They have like 1/4 of what they had last year......
For me that is dying

Miner9823

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
That is definitely true on the fact that MCGamer did have a larger player base. Furthermore, Badlion is increasing their popularity exponentially and a small sum of players in MCGamer even migrate to Badlion as well. However, that shouldn't arbiter, or be the determining factor on whether MCGamer is dying or not. Because Badlion is experiencing its own successes, and yes, it has a large player base. But this will not necessarily make much of a difference to the MCGamer network, because if we still have players playing on our server, users donating and supporting the network, and Chad is more than capable of maintaining the network's up-time, then we should ultimately be fine!

To comparison, yes, Badlion is currently more successful, but so are servers like Mineplex, Hypixel, or the Hive (I promise I'm not advertising! :c), and then there is MCGamer. A lot of us may assume that we can be a problematic server, but with no doubt, every community has their issues. For example, with no doubt, we may have problems with bugs, glitches, and hackers. But we must keep in mind that Badlion too is experiencing problems of its own, like the toxicity in its community, having explored the network before, I noticed the vast amount of hate and negative remarks being thrown at one another online.

And to be quite frank, the player count of a network doesn't necessarily play an extremely valuable role towards whether our community is 'dying' or not. But what matters is how close we are together as an actual community, and how well funding goes for the network every single month that it needs to be paid for. Yes, a larger player count would be ideal for reasons such as more donations to sustain funds, and to gain popularity.

However, considering the current state the community is in, the only thing I see dying here is our relationship with one another as individuals. What truly makes a successful server, regardless on how big or small, the most wonderful and successful communities come from the most wonderful and delicate people. So in order for us to prevent this 'dying' fad, we should perhaps begin by not viewing the network in a cynical perspective, but perhaps to be a little more optimistic! Have some faith in the network you claim that is dying.

What would be the point of staying here and say it is dying? If it does seem so hopeless to so many people, if the network really is dying, then a majority of us would have left long ago. Yet again, we put our foot on the ground, and stay within this community, why is this? Why do we stay if we apparently are certain MCGamer is dying? Because that fact, secretly, may not be true. We still all have that faith left for this wonderful community, we still have a pretty decently large player base, compared to the majority of other networks.

Of course it's true that places like Badlion are already more successful, but what point does it prove? That they have a higher player base? Then that's completely fine by us. Because in the end, what matters in the forums is not Badlion itself, but how we care for other people in MCGamer. What matters is MCGamer itself. Eventually, we will find a resolve for all the problems we may have. Eventually, we will stop a majority of the hackers from disrupting our games, and eventually the wonderful developers will be able to fix the bugs for us. But more problems, nonetheless, will inevitably appear. And that's okay, because for every obstacle we face, we will find a way around.

<3

Ceraron

Platinum
Reaction score
Alright I am going to say my input on this; It's coming to a point where it is now or never.

One Question: What have you done?

You went from 1.7 to 1.8 even though majority of the people said otherwise. What happened in the end? You went back to 1.7! What a surprise! Everything went good for a while. Until recently... Fns wont place; You may use all 4 charges but what is the point when you cannot place them quickly and not get that millisecond that sometimes chooses the winner?! I like it better with 3 charges or however many we had; at least we can use them.

That's just fns, let me start the talk of the bow.

Bow never had any problems really except recently. Similar to fns, when you try to do a 180 rotation to get a bow shot on the guy chasing you, guess what no arrow was shot; If it was a close distance and you were low, you are dead. Again this can cause you to die. I do not know what you've done, but you did something that messed up the bow.

Now, the thing that i am the most concerned about, is the sword.

Your NCP messed up the sword completely. The ncp on mcsg was one of the top tiers, with competition from kohi and badlion. I don't know what you've done (again), but you messed this up 100%. I've always been saying that mcsg is about to lose so many players and the server is gonna shut down... This is it. If you do not fix it, this might be the end. Someone can get the first hit, and keep jumping and jumping and the other person will not get the hit. Your ncp depends on that first hit, and that first hit is based on ping, and of course player's skill. But a lot of people, have skill, but 1 person with good ping will get that 1st hit and will therefore win the game. It is very difficult to win after not getting that first hit. Of course you can runaway and try to get that first hit, but it may be too late. It is just too unstable. Bring back all the problems, I personally do not care what they were, but just bring back the old ncp.

The last problem I can think of right now, are the maps.

A lot of items that were in the map, put there by their owner, are removed. (Valleyside, Demons breeze..) Why is it that the most overplayed maps, have one of their symbolic items removed from it?! On top of that you are adding new maps that a lot of people do not like! Fix the maps that all of us enjoy that start adding new stuff; It's like saying i may have only 1 layer of my cake but I am going to add cream on it cause i think that will make it better; Well surprise surprise, it won't. The cake wont taste good and people will not eat it.

seamusdean

Experienced
Reaction score
Not have as "many" players...
They have like 1/4 of what they had last year......
For me that is dying
You still need to keep their future in mind, as Chad himself said that they're working an big overhaul, and that statistically they're growing, and not dying.
I'm ending this debate, since clearly this is going nowhere at this rate.

SolarEclipse

Diamond
Reaction score
You still need to keep their future in mind, as Chad himself said that they're working an big overhaul, and that statistically they're growing, and not dying.
I'm ending this debate, since clearly this is going nowhere at this rate.
WTF IF U SAY THEYR GROWING....
u R mistaken

SolarEclipse

Diamond
Reaction score
QUOTE="Ceraron, post: 2283440, member: 435823"]Alright I am going to say my input on this; It's coming to a point where it is now or never.

One Question: What have you done?

You went from 1.7 to 1.8 even though majority of the people said otherwise. What happened in the end? You went back to 1.7! What a surprise! Everything went good for a while. Until recently... Fns wont place; You may use all 4 charges but what is the point when you cannot place them quickly and not get that millisecond that sometimes chooses the winner?! I like it better with 3 charges or however many we had; at least we can use them.

That's just fns, let me start the talk of the bow.

Bow never had any problems really except recently. Similar to fns, when you try to do a 180 rotation to get a bow shot on the guy chasing you, guess what no arrow was shot; If it was a close distance and you were low, you are dead. Again this can cause you to die. I do not know what you've done, but you did something that messed up the bow.

Now, the thing that i am the most concerned about, is the sword.

Your NCP messed up the sword completely. The ncp on mcsg was one of the top tiers, with competition from kohi and badlion. I don't know what you've done (again), but you messed this up 100%. I've always been saying that mcsg is about to lose so many players and the server is gonna shut down... This is it. If you do not fix it, this might be the end. Someone can get the first hit, and keep jumping and jumping and the other person will not get the hit. Your ncp depends on that first hit, and that first hit is based on ping, and of course player's skill. But a lot of people, have skill, but 1 person with good ping will get that 1st hit and will therefore win the game. It is very difficult to win after not getting that first hit. Of course you can runaway and try to get that first hit, but it may be too late. It is just too unstable. Bring back all the problems, I personally do not care what they were, but just bring back the old ncp.

The last problem I can think of right now, are the maps.

A lot of items that were in the map, put there by their owner, are removed. (Valleyside, Demons breeze..) Why is it that the most overplayed maps, have one of their symbolic items removed from it?! On top of that you are adding new maps that a lot of people do not like! Fix the maps that all of us enjoy that start adding new stuff; It's like saying i may have only 1 layer of my cake but I am going to add cream on it cause i think that will make it better; Well surprise surprise, it won't. The cake wont taste good and people will not eat it.[/QUOTE]
Also an anti cheat would be nice. It's not like we have been waiting for one for like a year already

Jazza

Experienced
Reaction score
Unfortunately (again), we will have to Lock this thread until further notice due to a sudden increase in flame, leading onto staff excessively deleting negative posts.

I have just seen a lot of complaints, mainly around those 2 topics, and I wanted to try and address the issue to those of you that have also wondered about it.

What do you guys think?
Coming from the quote itself, the OP had requested positive responses to his question. This was the main question aimed towards everyone viewing this thread to attempt to answer and it currently seems as if the thread has been steering into the whole wrong direction, visually turning into a debate, traces of flame showing and all in all negative comparisons and false assumptions.

Chad himself had specifically announced in lieu of his Q&A that in regards to MCGamer's playerbase, it has indeed been gradually increasing statistically and I don't exactly see any liable reason to question a statistic in the first place.

Now, in any case that you feel the specific need to express your opinion in regards to MCGamer and it's current state on the forums, firstly take note that no one is completely stopping you whatsoever, although we highly advise that you express it in a more, positive manner as posting a negative thread in the first place would only get you nowhere, therefore having the sudden risk of it becoming deleted and this goes for commenting on any thread as well.

TL;DR - Chad is well aware of the pros' and cons' of MCGamer and has publicly addressed that him and the assistance of the moderator, senior staff, administrative & development team are attempting to fix them up alongside with the community's help (with positive statements and pointers) but that indeed requires time and patience.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci