• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

What's the deal?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Speech

Platinum
Reaction score
If you could set it up with senior staff I would love to gather a few front members of the clan community and talk to clan staff but that's a far fetched idea
I've tried but I guess I can again. It's one thing to know the rules of cb's and another to know about the clan scene and it's history

ApexMC

Career
Reaction score
More getting into the improved anti-cheat that pretty much everyone wants on the server, the developers are actually in the process of making an improved anti-cheat. For those of you that were there during Chad's Q&A, the announcement of the new Anti-Cheat was made there. So just be patient for now and the developers will deliver.

Jazza

Experienced
Reaction score
A definition of 'dead' for you guys,

no longer alive.
"a dead body"
synonyms: deceased, expired, departed, gone, no more, passed on, passed away;

MCGamer is actually quite alive if you observe. It isn't deceased, nor expired, nor has it ever 'passed away'. If it were to fit into any of those categories, MCGamer technically wouldn't be up and running anymore at this point in time which brings up my question - as to why people over-exaggerate words and attempt to create new definitions of current ones just to publicly degrade MCGamer's reputation?

Jusser

Career
Reaction score
MCGamer is actually quite alive if you observe. It isn't deceased, nor expired, nor has it ever 'passed away'. If it were to fit into any of those categories, MCGamer technically wouldn't be up and running anymore at this point in time which brings up my question - as to why people over-exaggerate words and attempt to create new definitions of current ones just to publicly degrade MCGamer's reputation?
Because people are insecure and stupid and want to feel better about themselves :/

Dejay

Diamond
Reaction score
My POV is that updating and spending effort and money on game modes literally little to no people play over the most important game mode is the only reason why mcsg may be dying

Evermore

Career
Reaction score
A definition of 'dead' for you guys,

no longer alive.
"a dead body"
synonyms: deceased, expired, departed, gone, no more, passed on, passed away;

It's figurative language; don't take everything so literally.

3point

Platinum
Reaction score
MCSG's not dead, just most of the way through the process of dying. It's a shadow of what it once was.

I'm sure whatever "improved anti-cheat" the devs come out with will either be entirely useless or ban innocent players. My confidence in the MCSG dev team is at rock bottom.

Glitches don't get fixed, the community is crap, the majority of the staff never seems to do much, and many old players have deserted.

Meanwhile, shoutout to Unsightly for having some perspective. Most mods blindly ignore the cold reality of the situation and make off topic comments (like about the exact definition of the word dead lmao).

Let me ask you this: why would I put myself through MCSG's barely-functioning, hacker filled, team ridden PvP experience when I could go to different server?

The only answer I can come up with is sentimental value (I've played since 2012), but if you weigh sentimentality and fun, fun wins every time.

EDIT: lol a mod removed the name of a different server in my post, but I think most of us know what "mostly hacker free, team free, well coded server for PvP" I'm referring to when I talk about alternatives to MCGamer.

Last edited:

NateNatural

Platinum
Reaction score
So recently I have noticed a lot of people saying "MCSG is dead" or "MCSG is bad" and I think that people are saying that without looking at the big picture. A big complaint I have seen among the forums is that MCSG has so many bugs and its not worth playing on. There is a reason for all those bugs, as the network grows, there are more features added to appeal to the player. In adding these new features some bugs might come up. And for all the people saying that the developers don't fix these bugs fast enough, this is a coding language that we're talking about. When a bug comes up, you have to go through each line of code and find the problem. I have just seen a lot of complaints, mainly around those 2 topics, and I wanted to try and address the issue to those of you that have also wondered about it.

What do you guys think?
:eek:

Creper_face

Career
Reaction score
when a bug comes up, you have to go through each line of code
You are very wrong about that I've been coding for 2 years and when you see that there is a bug you just have to go to the CMD/Console and look at the logs and by that you can determine the bug and properly fix it, if java developers had to go through each line of code meny of them would go insane there is another way of fixing bugs, if you write the code completely by yourself you should have a good idea of where everything is there for you should be able to locate the problem and fix it if you know the basics of Java and the Bukkit/Spigot/Sponge API. Next time please do some research on things like these before you go out posting something like this.

Cameron

Diamond
Reaction score
I think Chad addressing the problems really proved how much he actually cares about the servers and gives a lot of community members hope that their grievances will be heard and acted upon. Because of this I don't think mcgamer is dying since we have the community and staff team finally working together to make MCGamer better.

BaccaBoy1999

Platinum
Reaction score
More getting into the improved anti-cheat that pretty much everyone wants on the server, the developers are actually in the process of making an improved anti-cheat. For those of you that were there during Chad's Q&A, the announcement of the new Anti-Cheat was made there. So just be patient for now and the developers will deliver.
Just because you say it is happening doesn't answer it not being done.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci