• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

What makes a mod good?

Reaction score
Honestly, a lot of people like moderators who are chill and aren't as strict, but that doesn't necessarily mean they are an amazing moderator. I think a good moderator is a moderator who doesn't act like they are better than an average member. I also think that a good moderator is one who also cares less about getting Sr. Mod and getting the most bans and more about helping out members and making the community better.

ThatTyle

Platinum
Reaction score
Bribes. Lots and lots of bribes.
And afterwards, not getting fired for said bribes.

How do you not get fired for said bribes?
More bribes!

Id b a gud mod.
Col is right, no one is a good mod in the communities eyes. Why? Because they do their job.
We all see the hate they get for it, and the "stupid moves" they've done, but really, most of the community wants someone to chill back and not do anything.

SnoopSean

Career
Reaction score
Relatability - Not acting like their the king of the server they are on, because people need to talk to you!
Connectivity - Needs to know what the big trends are, to be able to hang with players. Also, to be able to relate to higher up's.
Maturity - Talk about anything with respect, courtesy, and compassion.

LittleKisses

Quantum
Reaction score
1. Good communication/people skills.
2. Adequate knowledge base with rules/modded clients.
3. Time to be an active contributor.
4. Able to record.
5. Maturity: compassion, happy to listen, calm temperament.
6. Dedication = Make sure it's something you really want to do before you commit.
:) gl

RC_4777

Mockingjay
Reaction score
Something I haven't seen mentioned is being levelheaded. A good mod needs to be able to handle stressful situations without having outbursts and needs to be able to put aside any biases. They need to be calm but firm in how they carry out their duties.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci