• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

What has happened to MCSG?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ManOfTheBread

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
This is my kind of thread, everybody's ranting on each other's favorite server's. But even I know to stay out of this one.

Howsie22

Career
Reaction score
Howsie, might I point out that while you're skulking the forums talking about moderators we're usually doing something for the community in some way. We do a lot more for the community than someone who is just sitting around complaining about everything. Being a moderator isn't hard but you honestly cannot expect us to commit 100% of our time to moderating, the issue isn't that our mods are bad just that we need more of them.

About the banning and punishment system here on MCSG, you have no clue what you're talking about until you see it from the moderator perspective. Literally EVERY ban on MCSG has evidence to go with it. Call us liars, call us whatever you want but that doesn't make this any less true. We're not going to start publicly posting evidence for each ban we do because (sorry to sound rude) it's honestly not your business if we ban someone with valid evidence. We do have video evidence for every hacker, or screenshots for spam, abuse, etc. In fact so much emphasis is put on having sufficient evidence for a ban it sometime requires playing several games to get enough to even ban a single player.

Another issue I see here is everyone is saying "The mods don't ever play on the server"! Usually when I just sit in a server to watch out for hackers, I do it in gamemaster. You cannot see my name in tab or /list and you will honestly never know I'm there unless I say something in chat (rarely ever do). You cant really know if a moderator is on in a server or not anymore because of this mode which has been a very useful tool in catching rule-breakers.
For starters I really didnt want to piss you off like this. I understand now about moderators banning people for a REASON. Also what is gamemaster? And you also haven't completely answered my question. What do mods do that takes up SOOO much time?! (Please dont take this as me having a go at mods btw. I'm trying as hard as possible to be objective but I dont know what its like to be a mod so I dont have that to back up an objective statement.)

Aellios15

Experienced
Reaction score
This is my kind of thread, everybody's ranting on each other's favorite server's. But even I know to stay out of this one.
It's threads like these that are becoming an issue with the community, everyone seems to want to start something with each other via the forums and it causes a ton of stress within our own ranks. If people really wanted to see the community improve they wouldn't be spending their time in the forums whining about how the staff is utterly trash. They would be making constructive posts about what the major issue are and how they can be resolved.

Howsie22

Career
Reaction score
It's threads like these that are becoming an issue with the community, everyone seems to want to start something with each other via the forums and it causes a ton of stress within our own ranks. If people really wanted to see the community improve they wouldn't be spending their time in the forums whining about how the staff is utterly trash. They would be making constructive posts about what the major issue are and how they can be resolved.
Also another point I'd like to make is that I have had no experience with mods outside of the AU servers. You seem like a mature mod. I really dont seen this very often

Aellios15

Experienced
Reaction score
For starters I really didnt want to piss you off like this. I understand now about moderators banning people for a REASON. Also what is gamemaster? And you also haven't completely answered my question. What do mods do that takes up SOOO much time?! (Please dont take this as me having a go at mods btw. I'm trying as hard as possible to be objective but I dont know what its like to be a mod so I dont have that to back up an objective statement.)
I explained we don't commit 100% of our time to moderating, we're people like you, we have school, friends, family, etc. We can't just sit at the computer and moderate 24/7. This isn't a paid position; we moderate when we can because we would like to see the community improve this is by no means a "job" and it's not really treated as such. People are complaining about how some moderators seems to do nothing but sing in teamspeak or play on servers together, but what the community needs to realise is that we have just as much right to enjoy the time we do decide to play here as much as anyone else. As said before, we moderate when we can, or when someone reports people to us. The report abuse forum is ALWAYS empty because people are constantly reviewing them. We need more moderators because our community is far too large and has far too many cheaters for the current staff. At the end of the day no one has the right to say the staff is bad if they're not contributing to the community in some constructive way like reporting players, or poking a mod when you see a hacker instead of just ragequitting a game.

XxGagaxX

District 13
Reaction score
My opinion is that really, MCSG has it's faults, it has it's falls, it's ups and down but if there is one thing I know it's that MCSG is bloody amazing.
MCSG was the first server to do something other than just use a community plugin and care about their community.
I've played hundreds, possibly thousands of servers and MCSG has stuck with me this whole time.
Think about this, how long have you been here?
I've been here for a long time, something like nine months. I wouldn't still be here if this wasn't still as entertaining and as fun as the day it started. Sure, I miss those times where I just hid in a tree all day, trying to scavenge a chest or two here and there and try make it to the holy death match, but I relish the days of my first, tenth, hundredth and two hundred win. The days of making friends, meeting new people and finding the forums. But I still have all those experiences under my belt and I loved every minute of it, but it was always going to be like this. Nowadays, I still play a lot, but not as much as I used to. I still love it, sure we were promised a lot and received a fair little but really, if MCSG wasn't still brilliant, you wouldn't be here. MCSG created something for me, an online identity and I'll never forget that.

It's my opinion that you just have to wait, MCSG WILL get better. Right now, it's in a bit of rut with plugins but if you look at it from other angles, it's fine. Some people prefer the new chest system, I love the amount of lag I'm getting right now and I enjoy most aspects of MCSG.

People are telling me the community has been poisoned, I call bull.
It hasn't, I love so many people in this community to death and I won't hear one word against the community.
Sure, there are baccas, there are hackers but you know what?
Deal with it. I've played every region, CA, US, AU, EU and I don't know what people are talking about.
Sure, once in a few days there will be two hackers in a game, but otherwise, maximums of one are most common. People call hacks a lot more then they are actually used and it takes a lot for people to realise that.
In my opinion, the community is evolving and some people can't handle it. I for one, am really enjoying the change.

Next off, people are telling me that the staff are corrupt and Chad/Sub are doing nothing.
On both accounts, this is obviously not true.
I'll say it right now, staff members have been and will be corrupt. Blamph was correct in saying that some mods are only moderator for the sexy name, but that's a maximum of fifteen or ten staff members. That's including the corrupt staff. One point I have to agree with is the fact that moderators should be more active and the standards of becoming a staff member have really slipped. I'll admit this is a negative and it can't really be argued against but I will say this: It's one negative amidst tens of positives, you really don't want to take that one thing and shove it in our faces.

To conclude,
Give it some time, give it a go and a fair trial and I'm sure you'll be rewarded.
I'm sticking with MCSG for as long as it stays around and I'd except a lot more will agree with me;
MCSG started as the most amazing thing to happen in Minecraft and will finish on the same note.
Don't give up.

Howsie22

Career
Reaction score
I explained we don't commit 100% of our time to moderating, we're people like you, we have school, friends, family, etc. We can't just sit at the computer and moderate 24/7. This isn't a paid position we moderate when we can because we would like to see the community improve this is by no means a "job" and it's not really treated as such. People are complaining about how some moderators seems to do nothing but sing in teamspeak or play on servers together, but what the community needs to realise is that we have just as much right to enjoy the time we do decide to play here as much as anyone else. As said before, we moderate when we can, or when someone reports people to us. The report abuse forum is ALWAYS empty because people are constantly reviewing them. We need more moderators because our community is far too large and has far too many cheaters for the current staff. At the end of the day no one has the right to say the staff is bad if they're not contributing to the community in some constructive way like reporting players, or poking a mod when you see a hacker instead of just ragequitting a game.
well said. And I totally agree with you. We need more moderators. But what the MCSG community also needs is a reorganising.
My opinion is that really, MCSG has it's faults, it has it's falls, it's ups and down but if there is one thing I know it's that MCSG is bloody amazing.
MCSG was the first server to do something other than just use a community plugin and care about their community.
I've played hundreds, possibly thousands of servers and MCSG has stuck with me this whole time.
Think about this, how long have you been here?
I've been here for a long time, something like nine months. I wouldn't still be here if this wasn't still as entertaining and as fun as the day it started. Sure, I miss those times where I just hid in a tree all day, trying to scavenge a chest or two here and there and try make it to the holy death match, but I relish the days of my first, tenth, hundredth and two hundred win. The days of making friends, meeting new people and finding the forums. But I still have all those experiences under my belt and I loved every minute of it, but it was always going to be like this. Nowadays, I still play a lot, but not as much as I used to. I still love it, sure we were promised a lot and received a fair little but really, if MCSG wasn't still brilliant, you wouldn't be here. MCSG created something for me, an online identity and I'll never forget that.

It's my opinion that you just have to wait, MCSG WILL get better. Right now, it's in a bit of rut with plugins but if you look at it from other angles, it's fine. Some people prefer the new chest system, I love the amount of lag I'm getting right now and I enjoy most aspects of MCSG.

People are telling me the community has been poisoned, I call bull.
It hasn't, I love so many people in this community to death and I won't hear one word against the community.
Sure, there are baccas, there are hackers but you know what?
Deal with it. I've played every region, CA, US, AU, EU and I don't know what people are talking about.
Sure, once in a few days there will be two hackers in a game, but otherwise, maximums of one are most common. People call hacks a lot more then they are actually used and it takes a lot for people to realise that.
In my opinion, the community is evolving and some people can't handle it. I for one, am really enjoying the change.

Next off, people are telling me that the staff are corrupt and Chad/Sub are doing nothing.
On both accounts, this is obviously not true.
I'll say it right now, staff members have been and will be corrupt. Blamph was correct in saying that some mods are only moderator for the sexy name, but that's a maximum of fifteen or ten staff members. That's including the corrupt staff. One point I have to agree with is the fact that moderators should be more active and the standards of becoming a staff member have really slipped. I'll admit this is a negative and it can't really be argued against but I will say this: It's one negative amidst tens of positives, you really don't want to take that one thing and shove it in our faces.

To conclude,
Give it some time, give it a go and a fair trial and I'm sure you'll be rewarded.
I'm sticking with MCSG for as long as it stays around and I'd except a lot more will agree with me;
MCSG started as the most amazing thing to happen in Minecraft and will finish on the same note.
Don't give up.
Someone needs to pin this seriously its amazing. This has basicly just refreshed my idea of MCSG all together.

RWJP

Spectator
Reaction score
The problem with what Team Variede did is that instead of staying and helping MCSG with it's problems, it bailed and tried to capitalize on the success it had on MCSG, and abandon Chad. And then they try to say. "Well....ummm.....we tried to buy MCSG" , like that makes things better. MCSG is chad's baby you excpected him to give it away. In my opinion team varied is the bad guy in this.
As a member of a number of the involved communities (TeamVareide Web Admin, Hive Moderator, FyreGames Admin), I need to make some stuff clear for you:

Other than making maps, TeamVareide has very little to do with how the Hive is run. The Hive is owned by the Jolly Ol' Brits, Dennis, and Clankstar, not TeamVareide. TeamVareide didn't launch the Hive, they provided maps for Clank's plugin. TeamVareide didn't offer to buy MCSG, that was the Jolly's, Dennis and Clank.

Again, other than making the maps, TeamVareide does not have much to do with The Hive. TeamVareide doesn't get money from the Hive, it doesn't own any part of it. TeamVareide just has an agreement with the Hive to make maps for them, just the same way they had an agreement with MCSG.

So before you go and bash TeamVareide, remember that actually we have almost nothing to do with the situation. In fact, we're still letting MCSG use our maps aren't we? Every time you log in to an MCSG server you get the option to choose our maps don't you?

The only real reason that the Hive now has it's own Survival Games plugin is because negotiations between the Hive and Chad did not work out. As has been stated numerous time, the original intention was to either buy MCSG, or merge MCSG with the Hive.

Howsie22

Career
Reaction score
As a member of a number of the involved communities (TeamVareide Web Admin, Hive Moderator, FyreGames Admin), I need to make some stuff clear for you:

Other than making maps, TeamVareide has very little to do with how the Hive is run. The Hive is owned by the Jolly Ol' Brits, Dennis, and Clankstar, not TeamVareide. TeamVareide didn't launch the Hive, they provided maps for Clank's plugin. TeamVareide didn't offer to buy MCSG, that was the Jolly's, Dennis and Clank.

Again, other than making the maps, TeamVareide does not have much to do with The Hive. TeamVareide doesn't get money from the Hive, it doesn't own any part of it. TeamVareide just has an agreement with the Hive to make maps for them, just the same way they had an agreement with MCSG.

So before you go and bash TeamVareide, remember that actually we have almost nothing to do with the situation. In fact, we're still letting MCSG use our maps aren't we? Every time you log in to an MCSG server you get the option to choose our maps don't you?

The only real reason that the Hive now has it's own Survival Games plugin is because negotiations between the Hive and Chad did not work out. As has been stated numerous time, the original intention was to either buy MCSG, or merge MCSG with the Hive.
whats this got to do with anything!
You want a speech?
That ain't a speech.

I'm G33k junior bro.
nah mate I found this much more appealing that someone G33k wrote :3

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members