• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

What do you guys think of SG5?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nadarekyle

Career
Reaction score
Thanks for taking to the time to actually do something about the lag, its a lot more helpfull than what a lot of players seem to be doing (Non stop complaining). Thankyou:).
Can you think of anything besides redstone that might be contributing to the lag? Destroying the redstone helped quite a bit, but it's still as laggy as SG2.

Llahud

Survivor
Reaction score
Hmm, well its a map that contains a lot of tall, highly detailed buildings:/ So I guess theres not much more to be done.

lionkev55

Tribute
Reaction score
Ha, I like the map, but I wish there were some tier two's and that the buildings were more detailed inside so you can go up them. (Like sg2.) Check out this! I found a hole to the bottom of the map. Is this correct? Should i be down here? I need the vairde team to tell me :/.
2012-12-27_11.23.31.png
2012-12-27_11.27.29.png
2012-12-27_11.23.31.png

Hudderguy

Spectator
Reaction score
Ha, I like the map, but I wish there were some tier two's and that the buildings were more detailed inside so you can go up them. (Like sg2.) Check out this! I found a hole to the bottom of the map. Is this correct? Should i be down here? I need the vairde team to tell me :/.View attachment 5834View attachment 5835View attachment 5834
Getting down there isn't supposed to happen, Due to our tough deadline we had hardly any time to search for these bugs
Can you think of anything besides redstone that might be contributing to the lag? Destroying the redstone helped quite a bit, but it's still as laggy as SG2.
You could try Cutting the dome down from that point but from their it is a height issue that we can't fix without cutting down all the buildings and statue of liberty.

Toast

District 13
Reaction score
You could try Cutting the dome down from that point but from their it is a height issue that we can't fix without cutting down all the buildings and statue of liberty.
Well, it depends, if the height of some of the buildings is simmilar to SG2, then you cant do anything about it, but i say trim it down to 2 layers taller than the tallest building.

Another thing you could do is slightly trim one or two floors in the tall buildings that A: have some type of repeating desighn that wouldnt be ruined if trimmed down, and B: have no play-space in the upper floors.

greenshirtman

Spectator
Reaction score
I think it sucks, the map is too big and causes lag for people with low quality machines and the snow makes me sprint-glitch all the time, maybe a smaller map next time that is good for everyone?

Hudstorm

Spectator
Reaction score
I do not like this map. It is always so laggy! The corn is horrible at the start because of the lag! I dislike this map overall. :(

MLG_ON_MCSG

Tribute
Reaction score
no tier 2 chests that is not good plus all the snow make you lag and glitch around do not like unfourtunately :(

Alex Troy

Tribute
Reaction score
im hearing that thier are no teir 2s but even teir 1s hav good gear i havnt played it yet because of the over played maps which is a bummer -_-

Alex Troy

Tribute
Reaction score
i havnt played it yet because of the over played maps which sucks -_-

Alex Troy

Tribute
Reaction score
I'm really happy that you guys put in a new map, but the gigantic amount of lag drives me crazy. Without the lag, it would be a regularly played map. As long as Breeze Island (Overplayed) isn't in the voting chart, it'll get voted.
thats not true ppl will just skip until they get sg4 or breeze

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci