• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

What can we do to improve this community.

Ceroria

Mockingjay
Reaction score
To be honest, these forums are waaaaaay better than most servers'. Much more legitimate activity and more active people.

The main problems are people that aren't very active making repeat complaint threads, but honestly the only thing we can really do is make a front page announcement about it and hope people read it.
It's because of me isn't it ;)

My swag makes the forums better eh?

Cole

Platinum
Reaction score
Fine, lets turn off NCP and you can have fun against fly hackers.
I never said turn it off, i said loosen it, or tighten it so much that forcefield and killaura cant be used. NCP is always a problem, but id rather get no cheated then be killed by hackers every game.

The only big problem right now in my opinion is the hackers and the mods.....
I see no problem with the mods besides the fact that hardly any are on at once.

I don't think teaming is a problem, so I don't want to not be able to play with my friends.
Teaming in my opinion is fine if it's a clan. But i see to many good PvPers just teaming, ive run into a 8 team, 3 mods and 5 people above 1000 on the lb, its a bit unfair, but the teaming is fine where its at.

Reaction score
We should start listening to the MCSG communities opinions and ideas. Include regular players more, not just people who are famous with Youtube and stuff like that. Lastly the one we need to work on the most is respect.

AlgerWaterlow

Platinum
Reaction score
Stop calling it a community. If we "communed" then we'd share everything. The vast majority of MCSG players I have ever met have proven to be quite self-serving. Here, everyone's in it to win it for his or herself. Whether it be wins, invitiations to private SG/UHC events (which I admit I myself look for), clans positions, staff positions, VIP, or even generic popularity. It's disgusting some people's version of helping. My own niche in this "community" is helping people who need their first win get that win. What's your niche , I say?

Col_StaR

District 13
Staff member
Reaction score
I know most people don't read my lengthy posts, so I'll just leave my bulletpoints here.

Things that people should be reminded of to improve things around the community:
  • There is no one problem to fix, nor is there one silver bullet to every problem.
  • All problems take time to fix, but we're always working to fix them.
  • We are definitely not a small community anymore, so we can't expect to behave like one. We've changed, and we should expect to change with it.
  • Everything, especially staff decisions, are more complicated than they may seem. That's just unavoidable.
  • Time, Effort, and Skill are all limited resources, but wants and desires are infinite. The economic truth of the matter is that we cannot please everyone, and we must do what makes most economic sense.
  • We realize that there are hackers and rule breakers on our servers, but we're doing our best to see to it by constantly hiring new mods. But at the same time, the staff can't be everywhere at once, and as such we depend upon player reports as much as we do moderator patrols.
  • The majority of the player base here are good people. But as with all groups of people, there are bound to be bad apples; it's everyone's responsibility to weed them out before they make things worse for the rest of us.
  • This is just a gaming community. There's nothing here that's worth insulting, flaming, trolling, hacking, attacking, hijacking, manipulating, and making other peoples' lives miserable over.

And a few other things that I wish I could do once/if I have less of a workload. Perhaps these will encourage others to improve, knowing what I have planned:
  • Official MCSG tournaments
  • Non-MCSG games and events (I was thinking CS:GO a few days ago)
  • Contests for Art, Writing, and other creative skills
  • A written history for the MCGamer community history
  • MCGamer video series
  • More forum games
  • More staff events
  • More livestreams and special events
I think all of those ideas would help improve the community as well.

Cole

Platinum
Reaction score
I know most people don't read my lengthy posts, so I'll just leave my bulletpoints here.

Things that people should be reminded of to improve things around the community:
  • There is no one problem to fix, nor is there one silver bullet to every problem.
  • All problems take time to fix, but we're always working to fix them.
  • We are definitely not a small community anymore, so we can't expect to behave like one. We've changed, and we should expect to change with it.
  • Everything, especially staff decisions, are more complicated than they may seem. That's just unavoidable.
  • Time, Effort, and Skill are all limited resources, but wants and desires are infinite. The economic truth of the matter is that we cannot please everyone, and we must do what makes most economic sense.
  • We realize that there are hackers and rule breakers on our servers, but we're doing our best to see to it by constantly hiring new mods. But at the same time, the staff can't be everywhere at once, and as such we depend upon player reports as much as we do moderator patrols.
  • The majority of the player base here are good people. But as with all groups of people, there are bound to be bad apples; it's everyone's responsibility to weed them out before they make things worse for the rest of us.
  • This is just a gaming community. There's nothing here that's worth insulting, flaming, trolling, hacking, attacking, hijacking, manipulating, and making other peoples' lives miserable over.

And a few other things that I wish I could do once/if I have less of a workload. Perhaps these will encourage others to improve, knowing what I have planned:
  • Official MCSG tournaments
  • Non-MCSG games and events (I was thinking CS:GO a few days ago)
  • Contests for Art, Writing, and other creative skills
  • A written history for the MCGamer community history
  • MCGamer video series
  • More forum games
  • More staff events
  • More livestreams and special events
I think all of those ideas would help improve the community as well.
Just the kind of response i was looking for. I see you guys constantly hiring mods, but the thing is i hardly see any on. I only know 6-7 mods in my month playing here. We need mods who can always be in games, hauwhi in his latest video, saw two hackers in back to back games. There are hackers in nearly ever day. I think instead of looking at age, while these are good quality in mods and everything, we need to see who is active, mature, and on constantly to moderate all issues possible.

Virtual

District 13
Reaction score
We've just gotta let the mods do their job and hope they can help to rid the community of these hackers and overall pricks, not much we can do but post ban appeals and such to keep people in line and so on, just ignore most of the 12ies on the server and you'll be fine.
Happyhose we're ignoring you now bb

Kennyrulez

Diamond
Reaction score
I think rather than banning hackers we should track them down and put them all in a real life hunger games as see how they do without being able to hack

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci