• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Vote to Bring Hungry Hills Back!

Should Hungry Hills be Brought Back?

• Total voters

Sir Royal

Experienced
Reaction score
Every single map shouldn't have to have alot of chests and be small.

It's damn right annoying to not have the games last for even 10 minutes at a time because of these traits.

Right now it's all PVP PVP PVP.

I'm seriously annoyed at MCSG because they're only picking small, PVP fit maps.

cubemylife

Experienced
Reaction score
I liked Hungry Hills a lot, but if it doesn't return I wouldn't mind too much, considering that it WAS very big...
But it was a fun map, to be exploring those insane forests without a chest route was a fun experience, being lost. Even if you didn't win ;)

OliBear

Experienced
Reaction score
No, just no, my 2nd least favorite map, dominating Moonlight Lake (hate it too) plz no, it's too huge and ugly! *shudders*
If by 'huge', you mean the same size as SG1 and SG3, then yes, you're correct. I feel that size should be the average size of a map tbh, because any smaller and it doesn't feel like survival anymore. Small maps tend to turn MCSG into a luck based death-match. I don't see how you can view it as ugly at all. In both appearance and looks we achieved our target with Hungry Hills. It became everything we wanted it to be. There was one downside to it which I am planning to fix with an update, and that is the lake bed. It's fairly ugly. To fix it would have taken us a lot of work back then but due to recent updates in plugins and whatnot, we can fix it easily now. Before you go on raising the argument about how there 'aren't a lot of chests', I would just like to let you know that there are. There are plenty of WELL HIDDEN chests. Well hidden because we didn't want them to be out in blind-sight. In Hungry Hills 2.0, we added chests to which we put out in the open for those who were complaining about it. We also added a few more landscapes and changed others.
Long story short, my point is that rather than just saying that it's huge and ugly, you could give a more... valid reason? or maybe using constructive criticism would have been nice.
If you actually read this, then thanks for reading it. I hope you've gained some knowledge from what I have typed down in words for you. Have a nice day.

OliBear

Experienced
Reaction score
Every single map shouldn't have to have alot of chests and be small.

It's damn right annoying to not have the games last for even 10 minutes at a time because of these traits.

Right now it's all PVP PVP PVP.

I'm seriously annoyed at MCSG because they're only picking small, PVP fit maps.
I've noticed this too. It is a little annoying. Hopefully the 48 ones are going to be better. (Here's hoping that the 48 player servers don't just double the amount of chests)

EricParazak

Tommy Wiseau
Reaction score
If by 'huge', you mean the same size as SG1 and SG3, then yes, you're correct. I feel that size should be the average size of a map tbh, because any smaller and it doesn't feel like survival anymore. Small maps tend to turn MCSG into a luck based death-match. I don't see how you can view it as ugly at all. In both appearance and looks we achieved our target with Hungry Hills. It became everything we wanted it to be. There was one downside to it which I am planning to fix with an update, and that is the lake bed. It's fairly ugly. To fix it would have taken us a lot of work back then but due to recent updates in plugins and whatnot, we can fix it easily now. Before you go on raising the argument about how there 'aren't a lot of chests', I would just like to let you know that there are. There are plenty of WELL HIDDEN chests. Well hidden because we didn't want them to be out in blind-sight. In Hungry Hills 2.0, we added chests to which we put out in the open for those who were complaining about it. We also added a few more landscapes and changed others.
Long story short, my point is that rather than just saying that it's huge and ugly, you could give a more... valid reason? or maybe using constructive criticism would have been nice.
If you actually read this, then thanks for reading it. I hope you've gained some knowledge from what I have typed down in words for you. Have a nice day.
I actually read it believe it or not, but yeah, I've hardly had any experience with the map so that could've been part of my problem.
P.S. Never saw that problem.

Jon | Lqzer

Platinum
Reaction score
I'm bumping this because it has seemed to draw interest again.
(If you haven't seen this thread before, I recommend you read thru OliBear 's and my posts. :p)

Howsie22

Career
Reaction score
I wuv de Hungy hills cause you jum off the side of corn and into waters :3

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci