• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Villager Shops

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stijn

District 13
Reaction score
Where did you get the idea that it is only for new maps? An idea is basically a concept, which could branch out into many things, which is why we need new nodes.

I'm not blaming Chad or anyone for not doing this earlier, I don't think they expected this community to grow so quickly.
I know, They should hire a mod for the forums.

ShaunDepro

Mockingjay
Reaction score
I think it would do well here for new map developers to add in, but it could possibly be added the two maps now.
If you actually watched the video til the end you can see that with the Invincible filter the villagers can't be killed, not even with sharp V, lava etc.

HalfSquirrel

Diamond
Reaction score
Guys, stop arguing. This is the right forum because it's a suggestion for the maps, but it's also the wrong forum because it's a suggestion for the map, not a map idea. It really doesn't matter, stop flaming that this is the wrong topic and keep the thread on topic.

I like the idea of the villager shops, except that it can't be for any weapons or better than leather armour. Maybe you can trade for any tools other than axe and sword (still can't break blocks though). You can also trade for food. Otherwise it would be too easy to get weapons and armour and therefore win the game.

Stijn

District 13
Reaction score
Guys, stop arguing. This is the right forum because it's a suggestion for the maps, but it's also the wrong forum because it's a suggestion for the map, not a map idea. It really doesn't matter, stop flaming that this is the wrong topic and keep the thread on topic.
It's not a flame war x'D

Anyway, about the subject, I don't feel anything for it, sorry.
But thats just my opinion.

BowlOSoup

Experienced
Reaction score
Eh... I don't really think that this is a good idea. While you are running away from your enemies you can just shop for a better weapon. Besides its called the Survival Games for a reason. The point is to survive with what you have. If it was the Trading Games I am sure this would fit in nicely...

ShaunDepro

Mockingjay
Reaction score
I don't think you get the point of it Bowl. I said it can be balanced out to work, we could make it so you can't even get weapons from shops, and you have to take in consideration that the player would actually need a lot of items to trade for something and it would be quite dangerous to stop and shop with enemies behind you...
You could hide emeralds around the map, trade them for potions etc which aren't used much in the Survival Games.

Stijn

District 13
Reaction score
I agree with bowl, it will ruin the "survival part"

ShaunDepro

Mockingjay
Reaction score
Can you explain how instead of just telling me that?

Stijn

District 13
Reaction score
The survival games should be for 24 or 48 players.
To survive you need to find chests and deal with enemies.
What purpose would it have to go out if you can buy anything at shops?
Even if they sell potions it will ruïn something, if you want potions so badly go brew them.
That's my opinion.

ShaunDepro

Mockingjay
Reaction score
Consider a villager a chest, they would be hidden; scattered around the map like chests. The only difference between one of these villagers and a chest is that with a villager you have to give something up to obtain what you want.

Stijn

District 13
Reaction score
If you think they are the same. Why do you want to add them? >.>

ShaunDepro

Mockingjay
Reaction score
If you think they are the same. Why do you want to add them? >.>
"The only difference between one of these villagers and a chest is that with a villager you have to give something up to obtain what you want."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci