• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Vida Cova (24&48) -=Team Apollo=-

Do you like the map?

• Total voters

duckluv321

District 13
Reaction score
Sign me up for testing! I missed the Athena's Manor testing, however I'd love to take part in this one.

zorrodc

Career
Reaction score
Looks nice. Some nice structures, but it just seems .. no theme .. Like, there's modern tents, medieval/fantasy tower with some sort of ruins/fantasy underground area. The theme doesnt seem very right. (Some more custom trees wouldnt hurt either.;) )

Terraforming looks pretty nice at some places, especially at the ravine there, it seemed quite adventurous. The terraforming around corn looked shaky and a bit oversmoothed.

Also, jungles are annoying as butts to play in. Vines are disgusting to play with, and it's just a bit of a cliche.

Posetives:

- A bit large
- Adventurous Terrain
- Unique Corn(not sure how well it will go gameplay wise)

Negatives:

- Details on terrain are a bit meh
- Ordinary vanilla environment(trees and bushes)
- No particular theme

Sorry for all of this, but I hope this feedback helped in some variation. I just want to get my opinion out there. c:
Hey, thanks for posting! I really appreciate the constructive criticism! You're right, the theme is a bit shaky, but if we do an update on the map I'll do some custome trees. Maybe remove some vines, too. All in all, thanks a ton for the feedback!

Halo_0

Career
Reaction score
The theme is a but shakey, but its not comepletely unnoticable.

Ninetailefox92

District 13
Reaction score
I wanted to do a second review! based on gameplay since last time just judged screenshots

To be honest I was a bit dissapointed with the gameplay of the map, the ravine like terrain, while it is creative and is terraformed very well, is very confusing and its so easy to lose a sense of direction. Also I found like the majority of the time you would see someone on the top of a different area, and it would be very difficult to get across.. I suggest maybe add more ways to ascend/descend between the top areas and the valleys.

I really liked the buildings such as the castle and the huge mine! The build style is very good and it just looks great, but I feel like there aren't enough structures in the map, along with the jungle terrain, doesn't give a huge sense of direction, would have preferred maybe a few more buildings and maybe have some closer to corn? as most seemed to be right at the edge of the map

With chest placement I feel like in some places its good but others not so great, for example some were nicely spread out but in some places there are loads next to each other, so I am unsure on how this will balance

Overall I think Sneeze7 highlighted a main point in which the theme is a bit shaky which isn't helped by the winding confusing terrain, I feel like something should maybe be added to make it a bit clearer where you are on the map, once you get down into the ravines, it all looks so similiar you pretty much have to guess your location. Looks wise I think the map is great but the gameplay isn't really there for me at the moment, I would rate it 6/10 taking looks and gameplay into account

Edit- whew sorry this has turned into an essay... forgot to mention corn, I feel like the rubble at the bottom means its really precarious when you jump down especially with 24 players which could lead to very annoying deaths and the corn is very biased, in some places you get a very easy path to the middle while others you have to do parkour which some people won't be able to do so will just miss out on corn

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci